The scoop on 'Cal Orchid'

Cal Orchid

1251 Orchid Drive
Santa Barbara, California 93111 (United States)

Comments:

Positive DaveH
San Francisco, CA (Zone 10a)
December 9, 2013
I have been on their email list for some time, but just recently placed my first order, a hard to find Aerangis 'Elro' they offered in an email special. It arrived quickly and was well packed. It's a very good sized plant and very healthy looking.

Cal Orchid is a medium sized nursery run by a couple with a combined experience of over 80 years in orchids. If you place an order by phone (the easiest way since their website doesn't have a shopping cart), they will offer personal service and advice.
Negative GregoryMayfield
Pleasant Hill, CA
January 11, 2008
We purchased a few Cattleya orchids from Cal Orchids. After getting them home the bloomed with viruse and they had scales also. When we called them they didn't respond well at all. I wouldn't purchase anything from them again. They don't like any feedback for customers. The owner went crazy when we told her that she had viruses and scales on the plants we just had purchased from them. Very crazy lady.

Neutral Hijinx57
Westland, MI
January 28, 2007
I contacted Cal-Orchids because I had a few questions about my orchids. Jim was very kind and willing to help me. I ordered a Cattleya from him and recieved it very fast. But when I opened it I found a bug infestation. I tried to contact the company in an attempt to get advice on how to take care of it. I left messages asking for help but my call was never returned. The orchid was beautiful and I was very happy with it once I got rid of the bugs. But I was unhappy that they didnt return my call.
Positive xineann
Beaverton, OR
June 29, 2006
I was very happy with the laelias and stenoglottis that I bought from Calorchid. Lauris helped me choose based on my conditions and made sure I understood what to expect with the stenoglottis since I hadn't had one before. When the orchids arrived, they adjusted very quickly and already have new growth. Highly recommended.
Positive BCGe
Frederick, MD
January 29, 2006
CalOrchid gets my highest recommendation. Beautiful well grown plants, personalized service (if you have questions) and prompt shipping. B. Gerrard