The scoop on 'Michael's Bromeliads'

Michael's Bromeliads

973 First Dirt Road
Venice, Florida 34292 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink

Visit Michael's Bromeliads at:

Comments:

Positive Benhur
Bonita Springs, FL
August 16, 2014
My wife and I brought my mother to visit the nursery and were extremely please with the service and information provided by Michael the owner. He took a genuine interest in us and guided us to the various greenhouses to make our plant selections. Prices were very fair especially considering the rarity of the varieties we selected. All 12 plants we purchased for or collection are doing well. Will be going back soon and can't wait to view the retail shop when open.
Positive BromeliadDave
Oviedo, FL
April 7, 2013
Posted on April 7, 2013, updated April 7, 2013
After yeas of wanting to visit Michael's, we finally made the trip. Michael and his staff were extremely nice and knowledgeable. They gave a tour of the green houses and guided us in selecting the best plants for our growing area. I am very pleased with the prices and quality. There were so many varieties, I thought I was in bromeliad heaven. I can't wait till my next visit.
On April 7th, 2013, BromeliadDave added the following:

Dave and Cathy
Positive bobgreiner
Naples, FL
August 21, 2012
I am fairly new to bromeliads and have not purchased many but my experience with Michael's Bromeliads was great. Very friendly and helpful to a rookie.
Bob
Positive ontac55
Dundee, FL
November 24, 2011
I just received my first order (Al. imperialis, ordorata.....Ae mexicana alba) from Michaels Bromeliads and I have to give the company an extremely high rating. The plants were very large for the price compared to other sources (I have ordered from) in south Florida. Service was prompt (same day) and recommendations were freely given per my requests. I really appreciate the low shipping and handling charges and will be placing a second order in the near future.
Negative bromman
port charlotte
United States
July 13, 2010
I believe in honesty when feedback is given to anyone. The fact is Michael's has beautiful bromeliads but they are way over priced. I have bought many bromeliads from there on 3 occasions. What I disliked the most is the greediness, having your pups cut off even if you are paying $40-$50 for a common plant. Most plants will not be sold unless it is a tiny offset and even then you will pay top dollar. The people are great but service could be better. People like me don't usually speak up but leave feeling ripped off. Not cool. I would try eBay which has many top rated sellers that have nice quality plants.
Positive PamelaQ
Navarre, FL (Zone 8b)
October 24, 2008
I just purchased a Neoregelia 'Pemiento' from Michael's Bromeliads. It arrived yesterday. I was so pleased with this beautiful plant. It looks very healthy and looks to me to be full grown or mighty close to it. For the price, I was expecting something smaller.
Positive bekhor
london
United Kingdom
August 5, 2008
As a newcomer to the world of horticulture, I am so very pleased to be associated with Michael over the last six months. His business approach is professional and sympathetic at the same time. It has given me confidence to do business with him and improve my collection.
He deserves full rating for promptness and the high quality in despatch of merchandise.
In this day and age it is a rare commodity !

Sue Bekhor London - United Kingdom

Positive mhertz
Metairie, LA
June 5, 2008
I honestly dont see how any one could of had a bad experiance with this man. I have bought several thousand dollars of bromeliads from him over the years. Let me say this 1st folks i have been in the plant industry for 30 years 3 horticultural service companies, 5 plant nurseries and in all situations i have been manager to General Manager. I know this business. This man is so prompt. His package is always on time. It is carefully wrapped. The quality and freshness is always there. I have 350 bromeliads and 195 varieties and they are not for sale so dont contact me. The only possibly way i could see this man getting a bad rating is you the customer either doesnt know as much as you think or you saw a picture on another web site of what you bought and his wasnt as mature. Please give this man a break. Oh did you postal service leave the package in the sun thats not his fault but i bet if you called him he would work something out with you. From the point of receiving the package its your fault if you have a problem. Remember some varieties are hard to grow and some are easy. You dont need a greenhouse. You may need to protect most of them below 45 degrees and in the summer some of the varieties may need some sun protection to filter out 20-50% of the sun and lastly dont rot them out and you would shrivel up if you didnt get a 8oz of water twice a week and a little more when temps are above 84 degrees. So dont forget to water. Ask this man anything he will tell you.Michaels Bromeliads!
Neutral BromChic
San Francisco, CA
February 1, 2008
I found out the hard way that there are 2 companies with similar names. One is Mike's Bromeliads and the other is Michael's Bromeliad's. Two seperate companies
I don't recommend the first but all dealings with Michael's have been first class all the way. Service, plant quality and knowledge

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that customers cannot publish multiple reviews under different usernames in order to manipulate a company's rating. The rating of this comment was written by the same user who posed as "Minxter" below. Therefore, these reviews have been changed from a positive to neutral rating so they will not affect the overall ratings given by customers.
Neutral Minxster
Houston, TX
February 1, 2008
I have done business with Michael for many years and not once have I had a single problem. If I did... I wouldnt post it here before talking with him about it to resolve it, nor would I advertise other sellers here either while complaining about another business
You wont find a person more dedicated to his customers than MIchael..period

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that customers cannot publish multiple reviews under different usernames in order to manipulate a company's rating. The rating of this comment was written by the same user who posed as "BromChic" above. Therefore, these reviews have been changed from a positive to neutral rating so they will not affect the overall ratings given by customers.
Negative josh078
Houston, TX
January 31, 2008
I bought here some time ago, and I can't say I really liked their plants. The quality and service could be better. I prefer to shop at Dennis & Linda's Tropiflora, good folks. Now there is quality, variety, and quick service. Ebay is better than Michaels bromeliads, try bromlady.
Positive bradisha
Nassau
Bahamas
July 22, 2007
Great company to do business with. I live on an Island so I mail order from Michaels often. I am very pleased with his service. He is prompt, courteus and a pleasure to do business with. I would reccomend Michael's Bromeliad to anyone who likes good service and good products . Rochelle S
Positive JanetOS
Ocean Springs, MS (Zone 8b)
April 28, 2007
I ordered several bromeliads from him. Great person to deal with, as I made several calls and he promptly returned everyone, even on a weekend. Packed well, and shipped promptly. Has great varieties, and is a great bromeliad source!!!!!
Positive mellielong
Lutz, FL (Zone 9b)
September 2, 2005
My mother bought me a neoregalia "pimiento" bromeliad and it's beautiful. It arrived healthy, and was a good size. Prices are very reasonable. I live not too far away and hope to visit the store sometime soon. Highly recommended.