The scoop on 'Naturemill Composter'

Naturemill Composter

538 Hayes Street
San Francisco, California 94102 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Negative garden2ladybug
MacBaine, MO
December 19, 2013
I so wish this product worked as advertised. After sending my unit back for repairs half a dozen times, and being told my issues were helping them with product quality, I am now being asked to pay for replacement parts and shipping for a unit that never worked correctly from the beginning.

Their customer service is also very confusing. Several different agents will respond to emails with different guidance. After 2 months of email exchanges and writing the company president, I am still waiting for a resolution.
Positive sanson2
toronto area
Canada
October 30, 2009
Naturemill is the best. I have gotten more compost out of this machine, in the 6 months that I have owned it, then from my stinky backyard pile after 6 years. Really. The constant mixing and hot insulated sealed design is definitely the way to go. It's worth every penny I paid for it. I was read the reviews about the bokashi and worm vermi compost bins, but after extensive research on reading all the reviews it was clear to me that Naturemill was the way to go. Now that I have had it for a few months I am even more definite in my decision. The machine is quiet, reliable, and clean. We have almost no trash. It's so easy even I can handle it. Now if only I could keep my plants alive....
Positive tomboy12
October 22, 2009
I also have one of these. I got the newer one - the XE model which they only just started shipping. It is really great and I strongly recommend you get the newer one. They have obviously come a long way! I remember when it first came out a few years ago and it was very expensive and did not look very user friendly or solid. We use ours every day now, and have not had any problems. It is very quiet and easy to use. It does not do steak bones or lemons though.
Positive Katlian
Carson City, NV (Zone 6b)
October 22, 2009
I bought my composter through a Co-op on DG in 2008. I puchased the extended warranty plan and I'm glad I did. The company is still working out the kinks in their designs and over the past year I have recieved a couple of new parts to replace parts that weren't quite working right. Unfortunately, one of the replacement parts failed and broke a couple of other things inside the composter so the company sent me a brand new unit. The new one has some design modifications that look like they will be sturdier than the old one.

I think this is a great product if you have limited space for composting outside or your weather prevents composting during part of the year. I would definitely recommend an extended warranty; mine has paid for itself already. Even though the composter had a few problems the customer service has been very helpful about getting it fixed or replaced.