The scoop on 'Cates Family Glads'

Cates Family Glads

17 S Stanley Hill Road
Vassalboro, Maine 04935 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive JenniferRuth
San Diego, CA (Zone 10b)
May 22, 2011
I am very pleased with this company. I decided to try them out because you can order each kind of glad singly, rather than having to be stuck with 10 or 12 of one kind as you do with many suppliers. I also like the fact that they sell older, historic varieties as well as modern kinds. And I like to deal with family businesses like this one.

They shipped my order out promptly and it arrived in good condition despite the long trip (they're in Maine and I'm in Southern California). The corms looked clean and healthy, and there were lots of free extras. Detailed instructions were included on how to plant and care for the glads. And when I spoke with Paul Cates on the phone one day, he was very cordial and helpful. I'm sure I will be ordering again.

Positive Branwyn
Sharpsburg, MD
December 6, 2005
Paul Cates specializes in heirloom gladiolus blubs as well as some modern varieties. The health of the bulbs was always excellent and shipping was outstanding. Carries many varieties you will not find anywhere else!