The scoop on 'GreenhouseMegaStore.com (IGC)'

GreenhouseMegaStore.com (IGC)

1644 Georgetown Rd
Danville, Illinois 61832 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-281-9337

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

This company is affiliated with International Greenhouse Company (IGC)

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Positive BerryPatch78
Cresaptown-Bel Air, MD
May 17, 2014
Ordered coarse vermiculite and ground control fabric. Everything arrived promptly and in great shape.

Very Satisfied.
Positive atldrmcrz03
Cumming, GA
March 16, 2014
Ordered flats and inserts, Good quality. On the first order they sent 9 instead of 10 of one item. When I ordered the second time, they sent 10 more instead of just one that was missing, very impressed.
Negative Greenhanded
NEOTSU, OR
March 2, 2014
Very disappointed. I ordered "Root Pouch, 15-20 Month, Black" but what I received was not what they have pictured. If you go to Root Pouch official website you will see the item that should be pictured. I contacted greenhousemegastore severely times about this with no response via email. I even used their online contact form, which gives them no excuse for not replying. I also used two different email accounts to make sure they got my email. I also contacted Root Pouch directly and told them about this & they did not reply either. The picture is still misleading on greenhousemegastore.

I am highly disappointed with both companies & will not be purchasing anymore Root Pouch items or any item from greenhousemegastore

As Emoock said they do not reply to complaints & have poor customer service. I also want to add that I wrote a review for this item & they did not post it.. If you read the reviews for this item you will see someone else had complained about this. Wish I would have read this before hand, but this is the first time I have had any problem with Root Pouch. This is what the other reviewer had to say:

"I bought this product in the set of 50 3-gallon bags for a large project. Assuming that the 3 gallon bags were represented in the photo by the largest bag with handles, I was very disappointed when they arrived and I found that the bags are very thin felt (some almost tear when picked up by the upper "lip") and DO NOT have handles. These are about the flimsiest bags I've seen. Unfortunately, my timing didn't permit returning them and finding something better. I am hoping that they will be adequate and last through the season"
Company representative comment on April 22, 2014:
On Apr 22, 2014 3:17 PM, GreenhouseMegaStore.com (IGC) responded with:

Our customer service department received an email from this customer on 2/18/2014 at 12:22 AM stating that the customer had received the incorrect product. Links to the product the customer thought had been ordered were provided in the email.

Upon review of this matter, our customer service representative noted that the customer had not ordered the same product as had previously been ordered and that the customer had entered the items incorrectly. At 7:45 AM on 2/18/2014 the following response was sent to the customers email address on file:

Case #2505
"Good morning, on this current order you purchased the Black pouches, what you had purchased previously were the Grey. Please send the black pouches back to the address below with RMA # 3626 on the outside of the box and we will be happy to issue a credit for the purchase price. If you wish to do an exchange please let me know the size and quaintly and I will be happy to do so once we receive your return."

A later email was received from the customer on 2/20/2014 stating that the initial email from 2/18/2014 had links that were not to be opened due to inappropriate content. The same links had also been added to the product review on the product page. Due to this content, the post could not be approved.

The customer did not attempt to return the product or exchange the incorrect product ordered.

Positive MaryArneson
Minneapolis, MN (Zone 4b)
January 12, 2014
Coarse vermiculite for square foot gardening is very hard to find elsewhere, especially in the 4 cubic foot bags. I found it at Greenhouse MegaStore for a reasonable price (though strangely with a higher shipping fee for orders of more than 4 bags so I sent two orders of 4 bags each), and they shipped promptly.
Negative Emoock
Dallas, TX
December 27, 2013
This is my 4th domehouse (previously purchased them from Home Depot and Sears). I have erected all of them by myself without help of my husband. I have also helped friends erect theirs that they bought after seeing mine. I have video and photos clearly showing the problematic merchandise I received thus rendering it unusable and I tried to resolve it by first contacting company. After no response I took it up with Amex on November 1st. On December 5th (35 days later) I received my first correspondence from company about the highly defective merch. They asked me to return it, I asked for another box in which to put the 70lb item back in as I could not pack it back to it's original "compact" form in the existing box. After finally speaking to someone there today I was curtly told that I had already once been told they would not send a box. I really don't recall that or I would not have just left $349 dollars of merch in my gazebo just for the heck of it. Regardless, she did not appear to show the least bit of concern or compassion for the situation and was adamant that she was right and I was wrong. I am sure they will have a "logical explanation" in the form of a rebuttal to this comment but let's just say I will forever purchase large items like this from now on from Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, etc... who truly give no hassle returns and are always close by and easy to return to. I did purchase my replacement from Sears. I wondered why it was so inexpensive through this website. Now I know.
(rebuttal sure to come)
Positive SeniorGardening
Sullivan, IN
May 13, 2013
I've used the Megastore for several years for our supplies of pots, flats, inserts, hanging baskets, and such. I had been disappointed that they didn't carry the heavy duty Perma-Nest brand flats and wrote their CEO about it. It took some time, but David George followed through and added the item to their inventory. That was pretty cool!

Steve Wood
the Old Guy @ Senior Gardening
Positive whitie
Baker City, OR (Zone 5b)
November 4, 2012
I have ordered quite a bit of stuff from Greenhouse Megastore. Everything I have ordered(from heatmats to greenhouse film) has been top quality and reasonably priced. After searching the internet for what I need Greenhouse Megastore has the best prices and their service is fast and shipping is reasonable. I just placed another order with them today and will continue to use them as my #1 source for my greenhouse and growing needs.
Positive denisemb
Ocala, FL (Zone 9a)
August 25, 2012
Ordered hobby packs of pots and 1020 trays. Very happy with the quality and speedy shipping.
Positive Old_Gardener
Calabasas, CA
August 4, 2012
Posted on May 16, 2012, updated August 4, 2012
Posted on April 25, 2012, updated May 16, 2012
Posted on March 5, 2012, updated April 25, 2012
I've placed several orders over the past year or so (pots by the case, trays, flats, grow cubes, seed start, etc.). Their prices are good and shipping is quick. I definitely will purchase from them again.
On April 25th, 2012, Old_Gardener added the following:

I placed another order for pots, flats, trays, etc. late on the 4/17 and received everything today. In the interim, I had a question regarding my order, emailed them and received a reply within a few hours. I'll definitely order from Greenhouse Megastore again as they have good prices, quick and professional customer service and fast shipping - making for a stress-free experience!
On May 16th, 2012, Old_Gardener added the following:

I placed yet another order for pots, flats, pruners, etc. I placed my order on the 8th - it was shipped on the 9th. I received my package yesterday with some minor damage (6 of the 170 pots ordered) due to transit. I contacted GHM last night to inform them and they have already emailed me back this morning (6 am my time) letting me know that replacements are on the way. Great customer service!!!
On August 4th, 2012, Old_Gardener added the following:

I have placed 2 additional orders since my last review - 1 for gro-cubes and plugs and the other for 5 gallon pots. Both orders were delivered within 5 days. I definitely recommend Greenhouse Megastore - good prices, a large selection, and fast delivery. They are the first vendor I check when ordering supplies.
Positive kandhi
Vienna, VA
April 25, 2012
Ordered dynagro foliage-pro on 4/23 and I received the shipment today. They have communicated on the shipment with tracking# and they have very well packed it. I liked their prompt delivery and would continue ordering from them in future.
Positive tomatolarry
Dalton, GA
February 11, 2012
I have ordered from this company both in 2010 and 2011. Each time was a great experience as they have good customer service, great prices and quick shipping. Two thumbs up!
Positive potter242
Choteau, MT
August 26, 2011
Jerry in sales was a big help in explaining products for my new greenhouse/sunroom. And everything ordered arrived on time with minimal shipping charges. I have had good experiences with this company and will continue to order from them.
Positive 2mitchells
Apopka, FL (Zone 9b)
July 2, 2011
Posted on June 22, 2011, updated July 2, 2011
I'm not sure what to make of this company. I placed my first order with them (#13536428) on 5/27/11 with the understanding that a 3 week wait was in order. I'm almost at the 4 week mark and my "Order Status" is listed as "In Process", the same as it has been since 5/27.

I emailed them and pointed all this out and stated that I thought that at this point I should have either 1) received my order 2) had a shipped/estimated time of arrival date 3) at the very least, a new estimated time of shipping. 24 hours later, I still have received no reply from them at all.

The reviews looked good, but you know what they say about never being able to go back and change a first impression. My first impression with them is that they don't seem very customer focused at all. I will reserve a final rating a while longer, but I feel this is not a good way to do business. We'll see.....
On July 2nd, 2011, 2mitchells changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I'm going to change my rating from neutral to positive. I received my shade cloth on Saturday 27 June. The cloth was exactly the measurements I had requested for special order and the quality was first rate.

I still think they need to focus some more on answering customer inquiries promptly and keeping the account order status for customers updated better on their website.

I would, and probably will, order from them again
Negative runrunrosie
Federal Way, WA
July 1, 2011
On Friday, June 24th I ordered some Alumanet Shade Cloth from this company. I was told that it would be delivered on Thursday, June 30th. It was not delivered then, but following the tracking number, I saw that it was due to arrive on Friday July 1st. After talking to Fed X three times today and finally talking to a supervisor, I was told the reason the package has not arrived--even though it has been on the truck since 6:41 this morning, (It is now after 6:00 pm here) is that whoever set up the delivery used HOME delivery instead of business to business. If they had used business to business the package would have been delivered much earlier. The business to which the package should be delivered closes at 7:00 pm and the driver has until 8:00 pm to deliver so it is not looking good for receiving the package on Friday--even though it was promised for Thursday.

I called the company and asked for my representative twice this afternoon. The answering service insisted that they were working until 6:00 pm central time, and I was calling a full hour and a half before they were supposedly going to close. No return phone call.

I wanted to know what the problem was with the delivery and also why I was charged Washington state sales tax since the company apparently does not have a physical location in the state of Washington. But no return phone call. I also wanted to know why the tracking history of the package originated in OREGON, and then went across country to the mid west before returning to Washington state.

I do not understand why a representative from this company would not return my phone call and explain the issue with non delivery and erroneous sales tax.
Company representative comment on July 28, 2011:
On Jul 28, 2011 2:37 PM, GreenhouseMegaStore.com (IGC) responded with:

The customer contacted us at 4:19pm (central time) on July 1st. Unfortunately for this situation we closed at 4pm that day to give our employees an early start on their 4th of July holiday weekend and failed to inform our answering service of this fact. As such the customer's frustration in not receiving a phone call back is understandable and we are sincerely sorry for causing this unnecessary stress. We accept full responsiblility for our error and have refunded this customer 50% of the purchase price of her order as compensation for this frustration. We have implemented new procedures to make sure this type of oversight doesn't happen again.

In regards to delivery, this order shipped via Fedex Ground only one business day after being placed with our company. Since the customer did not provide a business name with her phone order, the shade cloth was shipped using their residential service. Fedex tracking shows that the item went from Illinois, to Oregon and then to Washington state so it appears there was not any problem with delivery.

As far as sales tax goes, although we are now based in Illinois our business was started in the Seattle area in 1993 and our company is incorporated in Washington state which is why we are required to collect and report sales tax there. We know this sometimes confuses our customers but there is nothing we can do about it.

We here at the GreenhouseMegastore will continue to strive to make sure we have the best products and customer service in our industry.

Positive ratlover1
Rising Sun, IN
April 1, 2011
Posted on May 7, 2009, updated April 1, 2011
I ordered an Aluminet shade cloth which was in fine shape, no problems, great product. No problems with ordering on website or receiving product.
The only problem I had was that the order status wasn't updated...it still said 'ready to pack' the day the box arrived! Then today I just got an email saying the package had shipped, when I actually received the package about 5 days ago. I really can't say that's a bad thing, just that their computer system must be a little slow, or the data entry folks are behind...
In fact, they caution that during the warm months it can take up to a month to get shade cloth delivered, but it only took about 10 days, so they went far above expectations there!
All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again--they have amazing prices on many items, particularly seed starting supplies.
On April 1st, 2011, ratlover1 added the following:

Ordered bulk box of 500 shade cloth anchoring pins. Great price ($32, although shipping and tax made it a total of $48) and arrived in 2 days. Best price I've seen even w/ shipping for this product.
Positive skootrees
Rockport, TX
November 17, 2010
I placed an order on 11/4 and received a confirmation the next day and the shipment was completed and received by me on 11/12. You cannot ask for better service than that. I phoned them one time to check on the order and they were very professional and polite. Based on my first test order iI will order from them again. Also there prices are o.k.
Positive SoutheastIndy
Indianapolis, IN
March 31, 2010
On Monday I ordered sixty - 2.5 gallon nursery containers. On Wed I received them at 10AM in the morning. Fast Shipping, Great Prices & Great Service! Will buy from again!
Positive jcsgreenthumb
Pisgah Forest, NC (Zone 6b)
March 9, 2010
I think their prices are some of the best on-line. I thought ordering was easy and my pots were delivered quickly.

Will definitely be ordering from them in the future.
Positive danizuka
Westlake, OH
January 21, 2010
I've been looking for large peat pots locally. Very expensive. Went online and googled "Peat Pots" found Greenhousemegastore. They had a great price. Purchased them last Saturday, online (Jan 16th). Just got them in yesterday (Jan 21st). Took 5 days. These are not flimsy peat pots, they are commercial grade. They call them "Fiber Grow Pots"
Positive trc65
Galesburg, IL
January 11, 2009
I had been looking for a source of plug flats (128) that I could buy in quantities less than a case. I found them offered here at the lowest price I could find on the web. They offer many of their seed starting supplies in a "Hobby Pack" size so you don't have to buy in case quantities. I ordered plug flats, web trays, cell packs and seed starting media one morning and it was delivered the next afternoon. (It helps that I live in the same State, but that is still very fast service) Quality products, great price and fast service - I will definitely be a repeat customer of this company.
Positive webtoe
Everett, WA
May 20, 2008
Two months ago I ordered 25 feet of 4-year greenhouse poly film. It arrived in good condition, slightly sooner than was quoted on their web site. GreenhouseMegaStore was the only online vendor I could find selling small quantities of film at a good price, with no minimum order, and offering easy online transactions. I plan to buy other greenhouse supplies from them.
Positive Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH (Zone 6b)
April 9, 2008
Customer service was very helpful, shipping was prompt.
On April 25th, 2009, Melissa_Ohio added the following:

I've ordered from them several times, shipping is reasonable and very quick. I'm really surprised that not more reviews are here, as they are the most reasonable company out there for supplies, including containers and flats, not to mention greenhouse film, batten tape and repair tape.