The scoop on 'Lexington Outdoor Solutions'

Lexington Outdoor Solutions

33 Lakeview Street
Lincoln, Maine 04457 (United States)

No positives

Comments:

Neutral mscratch
Millersville, MO (Zone 6a)
June 13, 2008
I ordered the Ole Time Woodsman Fly Dope on 6/5 and received it on 6/10. Excellent shipping and all products include free shipping. This is some very potent stuff! Be prepared for a strong odor, and I mean strong. We have vicious black flies and gnats in Maine and it kept them at bay but the odor of this product reminds me of liquid smoke which may be an ingredient. They suggest just applying to your clothes and I agree with that because I would not want this on my skin. If you are sensitive to odors that essentially smell like wood smoke then choose another product. I don't know if this stuff will stain clothes but it definitely leaves a sort of grease area when applied, appears to be sooty in appearance to me. I will launder the clothing in hot water today and use Shout on the areas to see if it will come out. This product worked for me and it takes very little to do the job. I suggest instead of spraying it on your clothing you dab it on with the end of the little spray thingy.
On June 13th, 2008, mscratch changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I laundered the clothing this was used on in hot water with bleach. It did not remove the stains from this product. Be very careful what clothing you apply this to because it will not disappear upon washing.