The scoop on 'Hollow Creek Tree Farm'

Hollow Creek Tree Farm

228 Windmill Rd
Gilbert, South Carolina 29054 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-761-3276

Visit Hollow Creek Tree Farm at:

This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive mhutson74
Altamont, IL
January 24, 2007
I came across Hollow Creek Tree Farm when searching the internet. I purchased 20 Thuja "green giants" at the beginning of December for a Christmas gift for my husband. I received my order on time and the trees were in excellent conditions. My husband was shocked in a good way by the price and quality of the trees.I made one call to Hollow Creek and the young lady I talked to was very helpful. I have emailed Mike McCartha and his response was immediate. My trees have been in the ground close to 2 months surviving the Illinois winter. They still look as good as they did when we received them. I highly recommend Hollow Creek Tree Farm! I'm already planning my next order! M Hutson
Positive sherlock96
Chester, VA
January 19, 2007
I bought 40 Murray Cypress April 06 and every tree is living and growing even the 2 my "blind" Husband ran over with the lawn mower. I would definitely purchase from this company again. Linda O--Chester VA
Positive Heyjoule
October 1, 2006
I ordered 100 thuja trees from Hollow Creek Tree Farm. Ordered was delivered on time; and all trees arrived healthy and taller than promised. I am extremely pleased with Hollow Creek Tree Farm and will buy again from them soon.
Positive Speedyg
Lutz, FL
September 22, 2006
I received 20 Carolina Sapphire and 10 Nellie Stevens Holly trees. All the trees arrived when promised and were well packed and in good shape. They always responded to emails promptly. I would recommend them and will do business with them again.
Negative RES1
GRIFFIN, GA (Zone 8a)
September 22, 2006
Last fall I contacted hollow creek to purchase some thuja trees, I was assured that these trees would grow in almost any atmosphere.Also they were immune to disease and bugs or insects.They never had a chance to be exposed to disease or insects,only living 6 mths.I purchased 75- 12 to 14 inch tall plants. I have 12 plants still alive with no growth.They were healthy when they arrived and I followed directions as I planted them, but later was told I should have bought taller trees.I would have gladly but it is now too late.After refusing to replace them I was told "if you dont believe our sales people you should find another place to buy your trees".I will NEVER buy from hollow creek tree farm again! I hope others will do the same so they are not called liars like I was. My name is RODNEY STANSELL,I live in Ga..
Company representative comment on September 22, 2006:

On Sep 22, 2006 10:50 AM, Hollow Creek Tree Farm added:

Wow. Rodney, you sure have cleaned up your language since we last corresponded!

Folks, out of all the customers we've had over the years, this is the only one I can remember to use expletives in his emails. We offered to replace his trees at cost and he refused, in a most profane way. That is when I suggested he try another vendor. It was not I that used the "L" word -never have, never will - but Mr. Stansell himself.

For a more accurate view of our integrity, please check our feedback on eBay where we have been selling since Jan 2005. (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&useri...),

For the record, here is our guarantee: "After plants leave our nursery, growing & cultural conditions are no longer in our control. Therefore, the only guarantee we offer is that the trees will be healthy and vigorous upon arrival. If there is a problem at that time, we will do what it takes to make you happy.

"Others do offer a 1 year guarantee but often double the price to cover it and some make you jump through hoops to claim it - sending back the old plant, receipt, etc. Our goal is to offer a quality plant at a fair price."

Do not hesitate to call me with any questions are concerns. Mike McCartha, 1-800-761-3276

Positive DonViz
Eureka, CA
June 8, 2006
I recently ordered 50 Thuja Green Giants from Hollow Creek Tree Farm. All of the trees were healthy and as tall as stated. I made two phone calls there and each time it was answered by someone knowledgeble.

The trees have now been in the ground for about 2 months. Each one is already showing signs of new growth. Some have even added a inch or two of heighth.

I highly recommend this company.

Don
Eureka, CA
Positive eddie72
Dallas, TX
October 14, 2005
I just want to say a few things about Hollow Creek Tree Farms. I recently bought 5 Thuja Green Giants from them and the experience was very positive from beginning to end. The plants arrived bigger than expected and very healthy--still in their own pots and with LOTS of roots! Also, the email correspondence was prompt and the one phone call I made to their toll free number was pleasant and courteous. If you're needing some great looking trees for sceens or hedges--this is the place to buy 'em!