The scoop on 'Succulent Tissue Culture'

Succulent Tissue Culture

Positive Jameycacti
Comox
Canada
November 4, 2012
My experience with the Succulent tissue culture was excellent. Due to my inexperience in ordering plants off the north American continent my order was delayed a couple of times. Roger at the Succulent tissue culture was very patient and helpful and went well beyond his required obligations. Once my plants arrived they rooted quickly and have continued to flourish.
Neutral palmbob
Acton, CA (Zone 8b)
September 18, 2007
Right now I give this company a neutral rating- not a bad experience, but a lack of one so far. Their web site is pretty awesome, I have to say, full of tasty rarities I cannot seem to find anywhere else...and in the Netherlands of all places. And like my favorite of all Succulent companies, Arid Lands, this place, too, has photos of each plant you can order, though not quite as much information about the plant as AL gives one.

The prices seem reasonable... but really, they are in Euros, so they really didn't mean anything to me until I added up what I ordered and realized 1 Euro is a bit over $2... yikes.. still, for how rare the plants I ordered were, it was worth it... I hope. BUT, then you have to add in Cites, Phytosanitary certificates, shipping and packaging and some other fees, and the number doubles yet again... so 20 euros worth of plants will cost you around $80!

However, now that I have ordered and it's been 2 weeks, I have begun to wonder how long it will take to get plants from Netherlands, especially with all the hoops the plants have to go through on their long trip here, and how the plants will manage the journey. Sadly, I have e-mailed the company 2x and no response back... that always makes me nervous. Fingers crossed. Will update this rating when/if order ever gets here.
On October 6th, 2007, palmbob added the following:

Warning: To import plants from this place (or maybe even from Europe anywhere... I have no previous experience doing so) you need to apply for an Import Permit from the USDA. Best to do this, probably, BEFORE ordering plants (not as I am doing, which is struggling to get this permit OK'd while my plants are sitting here in the US waiting for me to pick them up). No idea how long this step will take... not months, as I am worried will be the case. Be nice if the nursery would warm potential buyers from the US about this
On October 28th, 2007, palmbob added the following:

Update... for some reason I have some sort of refund at Paypal for part of my order... however, the paypal site is in Netherlandish, or whatever you call that language they speak in the Netherlands (Dutch?). So I have no idea how to get that done. Also, week 3 of waiting for my '1 week permit' (I knew it would take longer than they say from what others that have gotten permits told me)... and plants are still at the import station... probably no longer alive.. sigh. Live and learn... and lose $$.