The scoop on 'Best Buy Worms (also dba Rabbits Etc.)'

Best Buy Worms (also dba Rabbits Etc.)

16362 Wilson Blvd
Masaryktown, Florida 34604-7335 (United States)

Phone: 352-796-0459

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Negative Jimbos66
May 28, 2013
I ordered African Nightcrawlers and received Red Wrigglers. I was told they were African babies and would grow, after almost 3 months they were still about 2 inches long and producing babies. Best Buy Worms insisted they don't make mistakes and insisted they were Africans and would not refund or exchange to correct my order. Very rude and ignorant woman representing the company.
Company representative comment on May 29, 2013:
Jimbos66,

Sir, I beg to differ; despite calling at the dinner hour on a holiday evening and calling me stupid among other crude comments, I was very polite. I tried to help you troubleshoot why the worms may not be growing and explained that inadequate feed, improper bedding and too small a container, (you cannot house a pound of aggressively breeding worms, as you stated, in a small plastic tote), like fish in too small a tank, it prohibits growth. I also explained that you had unreasonable expectations of optimal growth in the middle of winter in Oregon of worm that prefers warm temperatures. You spoke over me, refused to listen to reason and insisted only that we shipped you the wrong worm. I explained that we, unlike most worm sites, grow the worms ourselves; it would not be a question of someone grabbing "the wrong box" to fill the order. Our Red Wigglers are hand picked from a separate barn than our Africans that are harvested with a pitchfork. Two very unmistakably different harvesting methods. We have separate packing sites and people for each species we carry. It's not a question of being above making a mistake, but a mistake of the "type of worm", as you claim, is not possible. I apologized and expressed frustration that I could not remedy
your problem if you were not willing to adjust the growing environment. Sending a replacement order would just give you more of the same worms and if you do not correct the problem you will still not get the results you desire.

If you had a complaint upon receiving the order we would have been happy to find a fair resolution. However expecting a refund and holding us responsible three months later for worms you have been raising, is not reasonable. We have been growing worms for over 20 years and stand by our well earned reputation of excellent, professional service.

Positive Delisa
Wildwood, FL (Zone 9a)
May 21, 2011
Went to Best Buy Worms today and took the tour. Family oriented and friendly. Great price on the vermicompost 50 pounds for 7.50! Bought some worms for my bin. All organic vegetable and animal farm. Will go back!
Positive KJinFF
Lexington, KY
August 12, 2009
Excellent communication, fast shipping, quality product. Highly recommended as a source for ANCs. A+
Positive astcgirl
Brandon, FL (Zone 9b)
April 4, 2009
Ordered some worms for my Can-O-Worms bin this month. They didn't have the variety I requested but replied back with a "garden mix" that would be fine. They arrived well packed and healthy. I have not ordered worms before, but I was happy with my purchase.