The scoop on 'Hoffman Hatchery Inc.'

Hoffman Hatchery Inc.

Gratz, Pennsylvania 17030 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Comments:

Positive darlema
Shoemakersville, PA
June 7, 2013
We ordered 25 chicks, and received one extra chick. They are healthy lively chicks, We also ordered 8 bronze broad breasted turkeys and received one extra turkey. They are all very healthy. We also ordered 15 guinea chicks. They are so cute and very lively and we also received one extra guinea chicken.We are impressed with the company for giving one extra of each variety. We have had a positive experience and will probably order again in the future. We received each shipment in a timely manner. Thank you.

we
Positive jkorbar
Selinsgrove, PA
May 31, 2013
Our Polish chicks arrived very healthy and all are alive and growing fast. We were notified when they would arrive a few days in advance. Would buy from them again.
Positive dems_r_idiots
United States
September 30, 2012
Bought some chicks from them and they are all doing well, young roosters are crowing and hens are getting near laying age. Very cool and can't wait!
Negative guitar4
Valley-Hi, PA
August 9, 2011
Posted on August 8, 2011, updated August 9, 2011
It was horrible dealing with them, We ordered 15 guineas and 9 have died... They had a coughing illness when they arrived...the first died within the hour of arriving...here in PA.. Called and talked "or tried to" talk to the woman who answered "Anna Hoffman" and she was the rudist person Ive ever dealt with.. She acused us of keeping the chicks too hot ?? Is 72 degrees too hot ?? Noooo.. I tried to explain that they were sick when they arrived but she told us to not call back and hung up on us... I am a God fearing Christian and am never rude to anyone and this was un called for.. If I was wrong I would admit it but I wasnt.. I at least stayed polite all thru her rantings.. She needs to realize that even HER company can make mistakes.. And after this I will NEVER deal with them again and tell everyone to STAY AWAY from these lunatics...My Girlfriend has been crying all weekend because of this too...I researched the symptoms of the chicks and its either worms or lung infection both of witch are CONTAGIOUS.... Save your money and spare the heartache and go somewhere else to buy... Johnny Guitar
On August 9th, 2011, guitar4 added the following:

UPDATE: all of the Guineas have died except 5 and 3 are getting sicker by the hour out of 15 we got.... Still trying to get hold of a Vet... I wish I could help them somehow....
Hoffmans will not return calls and sometimes pick up the phone and hang up right away before I can say anything..
Heartless people at Hoffmans disease factory......
Positive Burrcat
Salisbury Mills, NY
December 25, 2009
I ordered 15 "Red" Pullets this passed Spring(09), (I was sent 16), all made it safely through the mail. And are still in excellent health.
Only problem...one Rooster. But at least one neighbor now look's forward to his wake up call.
Many years ago, I ordered Turkey's from Hoffman, with the same satisfaction.
Negative pigglesworth
Chester, NY
May 2, 2008
I was going to place an order with the hatchery but was concerned about the time in transit because of how mail is routed to my area. I spoke with the staff at the post office at which I wanted my delivery held for pick up. They assured me that "general delivery" was no problem and that there was no extra charge for this, just the same postage as if they were mailed to me. I emailed this info to the hatchery before mailing my order and payment. They did not respond to the email and I proceeded to order. When I called to confirm that they had received my order, the person on the phone yelled at me (yes, actually yelled at me) and even though I was being courteous and respectful, she implied that I was asking them to do something wrong "We will not do business like this! Who do you think you are!! This costs $75!" (not true). She would not let me explain anything. If they did not understand, why didn't they respond to the email? I am a reasonable person and I did not do or say anything to deserve to be treated with such disrespect.
Positive SodBuster77
Maricopa, AZ
May 28, 2007
My experience was pretty much the same as the previous poster,except it was 51 white muscovies to central Arizona
in mid-May ,and all but one survived! Will Gladly go back to Hoffman Hatchery again. Good Honest Dealing.
Scott in Maricopa Az
Positive TBarlow
Corsicana, TX
June 2, 2006
I called Hoffman Hatchery to inquire about ordering Muscovy ducks and spoke with Mrs. Hoffman. She indicated that since there had been USPS shipping problems and the fact that Muscovy Ducks were poor shippers, she had rather not send too many ducks to Texas in the heat of the summer and have to unnecessarily absorb the death loss related to shipping. We agreed on a trial run with no promises expected and none made. Mrs. Hoffman called back to verify an intent to ship on Tuesday, May 30, 2006. She sent 76 Muscovy ducks and invoiced for 75. ALL of the ducks were alive and healthy on receipt. Thursday, June 1, 2006. We are very proud of our initial shipment and look forward to many future wholesale orders.
You can count on Mrs. Hoffman to tell the truth. She will under-promise and over-deliver and that is the honest kind of company which I like to deal. Thank you again, Mrs. Hoffman and your company for doing what you said you would do.