The scoop on 'Marti's Poultry Farm'

Marti's Poultry Farm

Windsor, Missouri 65360-0027 (United States)

Comments:

Positive berggasse19
Norman, OK
June 14, 2007
I like Marti quite well. They always send a few extra chicks to compensate for the invariable die-off (even among those of us who are able to prevent much die-off). Their Cornish Cross cockerels are magnificent birds! We did have a bit of a problem a couple of seasons ago when the correct telephone number for pickup was not provided to the P.O. Instead, they called a number that we don't check as often. This resulted in the chicks sitting in the P.O. a bit longer than they should have, and therefore we lost a few. Still, their stock is good and we continue to trade with them.
Positive dingydoo
Theresa, NY
June 19, 2006
In 1991-92, my grandmother and I ordered 30 various chicks from Marti's. Among the ones we ordered were the following: Silver laced wyandottes, Anconas, Brown and white leghorns, Production reds. The Ancona's were just beautiful hens (tho a bit flighty at times). We had just 3-4 roosters in the straight run of leghorns we ordered. I also used to enjoy Marti's catalog quite a bit. Now they don't publish one, they only have a price list so I was told over the phone. The only thing I would like to see improved was to get more sexed choices in their rarer breeds.
Positive TonyaSue
Owensville, MO (Zone 5b)
January 12, 2006
I have bought chicks from this company a couple of years ago - the SilGo Links. They were all very healthy upon arrival and the company stands true to its word about receiving maybe only 1 or 2 roosters in a batch of 25. I only received 1 rooster and the hens are still laying wonderfully. We will be buying more chicks this year from this company. We are very happy with the catalog they produce and the selections of chickens and other birds.
On January 15th, 2006, TonyaSue added the following:

I want to change this - I'm afraid I stated the first comment incorrectly. The 25 SilGo Link chicks we ordered were all hens. My husband and I discussed this upon receiving an email from someone, but the roosters we were sent were extras on top of the 25 hens we received - so no, we were not cheated on hens. The two roosters were not even the SilGo Link chickens. I had also received 5 araucanas which were laying beautifully, but upon letting them loose (as we often do) I guess something has killed them because I only have one left. But I will be ordering more of them.