The scoop on 'Seeds & More'

Seeds & More

Seeds & More has 283 products listed in PlantScout.

23 Peacock Place
Conception Bay South, Newfoundland and Labrador A1X 7G2 (Canada)

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive psychloman
Brooklyn, NY (Zone 7a)
May 21, 2012
This company is a great source for hard to find seed.I placed my first order with them this year for anagallis,clitoria,collinsia,cosmidium,hibiscus trionum,and papaver glaucum. I'm very happy with the germination rate on all the seeds as well as with their prices,service and selection.I'm ordering from them again next year.
Positive wufflespring
Yoder, CO (Zone 5a)
March 19, 2012
I ordered Sapphire Dragon tree seeds & a collection of Japanese maple seeds earlier this month from Seeds & More. I knew the company was located in Canada, and myself being in in the SW USA, I figured I wouldn't see my order for a month or more. I was quite pleasantly surprised to find my seeds in my mailbox today, less than one full week after ordering! The seeds look good, large amounts. They also included a packet of free seeds of a similar type tree, which I look forward to growing.

At this point, I can say Seeds & More is an amazing company! Along with the seeds, they included a printout with very detailed growing instructions for each species in the order! I definitely look forward to ordering more from them in the future!

I will update with germination rates, etc later.
Neutral oriole
Mifflintown, PA (Zone 6a)
January 8, 2012
Could someone please tell me where Seeds&More is located at??? Thanks.
Company representative comment on January 11, 2012:
On Jan 11, 2012 7:14 PM, Seeds & More responded with:

Newfoundland, Canada

Positive STxJimbo
Seguin, TX (Zone 9a)
December 9, 2011
All items I ordered were shipped in a timely manner and received in good condition. No substitutes or back orders, which is not a common experience with mail order. I would recommend these folks and plan on using them again.

Positive bbetv
North Glengarry , ON (Zone 5a)
February 10, 2011
I bought many of their collections. Their prices are excellent, the packaging is well done with clear identification and picture on packages (latin names too), seeds look to be in very good order. The instructions included were clear and complete, the included letter was personalized, a 15% discount for the next purchase a bonus (free) pack of seeds, packaging was quite adequate, shipping was reasonnably priced and quick. Emails were courteous and polite, and prompt replies were received.
I wouldn't hesitate in the slightest to rcommend this company and I will absolutely look to them for other seed needs!
Positive hillfarm
Quesnel, BC (Zone 4a)
December 2, 2010
Excellent selection of some out-of-the-ordinary varieties. Prices are very reasonable. Just received my order and am very pleased by its speed of delivery (5 days from Newfoundland to BC), as well as the generous quantities of seeds in the packets. Enclosed were bonus seeds (thank you!), full "personalized" instructions for everything I ordered, plus a 15% off coupon for the next order.

So far, so good. I'm an old pro in the seed starting line, so am well aware of the challenges in germinating some items such as the double daturas (which I noted someone else had some problems with - not uncommon with that genus) - but am not anticipating any out-of-the-ordinary issues with the seed varieties I requested.

Good work, Seeds & More - website very easy to navigate - whole transaction was a pleasure. I'll be back.
Positive DirtGently
Montreal, QC (Zone 5a)
November 8, 2010
A pleasure to do business with.

Ordering was straightforward, and my seeds arrived quickly. Seeds were in clearly labeled resealable plastic bags with clear germination instructions. A bonus seed packet was included, as well as a 15% off coupon for my next order. A couple of pleasant surprises!

The only minor issue was that it wasn't clear that prices were in USD. Seeds & More is Canadian, and I'm in Canada, so I assumed that I'd be paying in CAD until I found out when paying for my order. With the two currencies at parity, this hardly matters.
Positive xaia
Kitchener
March 13, 2010
Seeds & More was by far an absolute pleasure to do business with! My partner had placed an order for me for Queen's Wreath Vine (Petrea volubilis) and Perfume Tree/ Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata) seeds through their website and they arrived in 5 business days! The degree of care the company put into processing the order and shipping was evident when I opened the bubble mailer envelope. The seeds came in small plastic ziploc bags labeled with colour photo labels that too had information about the seeds, and they were nestled in between a thank-you letter, packing slip, and germination instructions and growing tips! We will definitely be ordering from Seeds & More again! Superb service, and the price was just right for such rare seeds!! I am in anticipation of them germinating!!
Positive tropvine
Suffolk, VA
January 30, 2010
I have received the seeds I ordered within a week, although I have not planted them, all packages contain more seeds then you would expect, with complete instructions, plus a free pack of seeds, plus a 15% off on my next purchase. they have a great website, worth a look, also have seeds I could not find in any stores locally.
Positive chocolate_roses
Pleasant Hill, CA
October 20, 2009
Received my second order and as always the seeds are well packaged and accompanied by 2 pages of planting instructions. Great company, fast shipping and great customer service(Kim responded to my emails right away). Will definitely order again!
Neutral lakesidecallas
Dandridge, TN (Zone 6a)
May 14, 2009
I ordered some Clitoria ternatea and Datura Gold Double from eBay, the order came fairly quickly, the seed packages (tiny ziploc bags with photos and directions) were very cute. Except, that if you got the bag wet (which I did while I was soaking some of the seeds) all the printing washed off!
There was also a sheet with germination instructions on it, which was nice.

Unfortunately only 50% of the Clitoria germinated and only 1 of the Datura germinated. I was very disappointed with that, and I probably won't be buying from them again.
Positive vanillaman
Washago, ON (Zone 5b)
November 3, 2008
I recently ordered 16 items from them and they arrived promptly and very well packed. I also appreciated the information sheets they provide, as others have mentioned. I also received a 15% discount coupon to use on my next order. Other companies do things like this as well, but I will definitely order from them again and take advantage of this discount, lol!

vm
Positive Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL (Zone 5a)
May 13, 2008
After seeing the excellent ratings for this company, I decided to give them a try. I ordered several packets of flower seeds: Sweet Pea "Bijou," Helenium Red-Gold hybrids, English Wall Flower, Cosmidium "Brunette," and Evening-scented stock. They were shipped promptly, in little zip-lock baggies with labels showing a picture of the flower, and detailed information on the plant. They also included a printed sheet that had even more detailed information on each specific plant, not generic instructions like I've received from other mail-order companies.
Good number of seeds in each packet, too.

I had good germination on all except the Helenium, but have recently seen some sprouts there, as well, after 30 days. Looking back on the info they included, those do have a longer germination period than the other seeds. So perhaps they will yet emerge, too!

Overall, an extremely pleasant experience. I highly recommend them!
Positive ljmelbs
Monson, MA
April 25, 2008
The best part, other than the seeds, was the perfectly detailed and personalized planting instructions. Each type of seed was given a short paragraph, so with all the seeds I ordered, it was a full page and a half, with specific planting instructions. I wish all other companies did that. Also, I got the seeds faster than I expected - and they look great! I haven't had a chance to plant yet - when I do, I'll add germination info to my review. But so far, excellent excellent service! Thanks.
Positive kiravae
Baltimore, MD
March 4, 2008
I ordered 4 packets of seeds from this company last year. I don't have very much experience growing seeds, but these seemed quite eager to germinate and grow. Germination for the sunflowers and nasturtiums seemed to be around 100%. Coleus and poppies are too small to tell, but they produced lots of plants. Alas, I forgot to water the poppies sufficiently, but everything else came out beautiful. I was very happy with the results in my garden.
Positive gladzoe
Winnipeg
January 31, 2008
Great prices. I ordered moonflowers, poppies, blue flag iris, begonia and other morning glories and plan to order more with my discount code. Fast delivery and so far most of the poppy types have sprouted and every moonflower and ensign morning glory I've tried have sprouted. The begonia's I'm going to wait to get a heat mat and better lights before trying and the Irises are in the fridge going through stratification. I'll update when I know more.
Positive growin
Vancouver, BC (Zone 8b)
January 22, 2008
Received 500 Ipomoea quamoclit seed on eBay, nicely packaged with an invoice, instructions and quickly delivered.
Positive kqcrna
Cincinnati, OH (Zone 6a)
December 4, 2007
Received my first order from them. After some problem using paypal (most likely some error on my part) I exchanged several emails with them. Prompt follow up by them, they show persistence, attention to detail, and focus on customer service. They also included a free gift with the seeds (seed spoons). Nice touch.

Prices are reasonable as is the shipping. I would buy from them again.

Karen
Positive Windy
Belleville , IL (Zone 6b)
December 2, 2007
After reading the comments on the garden watchdog I went and ordered some flower and other types of seeds.
I placed some seeds into a damp paper towel to test germination and was very pleased.
I just ordered some more seeds from them because of the great germination and selection.
Poppies and Sunflowers included my favorite varieties.
Positive westocast73
(Zone 1)
May 21, 2007
Have ordered on three seperate occassions over the course of 3 years. Germination is high. Seed packets tend to be nicely stuffed. All in all a decent company with a fast turn around and very responsive customer service.
Positive william3590
Dundee, OH
February 28, 2007
Excellent company to order from!! The seeds were very good quality, fast order processing, and all-around excellent customer service... Detailed growing instructions are included with your order and if you ever have any questions, just send them an Email and you will get a prompt and courteous reply... This company REALLY cares about their customers. They also sell seeds on Ebay, and have an EXCELLENT rating there as well...
Positive Debbio
Clarkston, GA
September 19, 2006
This was my first time ordering from this company. I like when a company corresponds and let you know the progress of the order. I ordered Lobelia seeds and received explicit germination and growing instructions, companies do not realize how important this info is for both pro and novice gardners.

I will post another comment once seeds have grown to advise how they sow.

This company is a keeper and to date they have gained a new customer. I will definitely be ordering again.
Positive Carol_916
Las Vegas, NV
April 5, 2006
Seeds and More is a great retail supplier (maybe wholesale as well). They're very reasonably priced, they ship promptly and their orders are well packaged. The staff is very accomodating and always willing to comsider out-of-the-ordinary customer requests, and I've made a few of those which they were happy to oblige. They're careful and conscientious with their order-taking and deliveries yet easy going with a sense of humor which I appreciate. I'm located in Nevada and they're in Canada but I've never had the slightest problem with deliveries over the years. I order from them almost every Spring. I can highly recommend Seeds and More for consistent quality products and their friendly and reliable service.

Carol
Positive WUVIE
Hulbert, OK (Zone 7a)
March 23, 2006
When I first realized this company was in Canada,
I thought my order
might take a long time or be delayed for something
related to red tape at the border.

Was I ever wrong, and delightedly so!

My seed order arrived very promptly and well packaged.

I would not hesitate to order from this company again
and again. If you feel that just a few feedback are not
sufficient, a glimpse of their Ebay track record should
speak volumes.

As of this posting, their feedback record on Ebay
is not only 100%, but you must realize that
a seller only gets one counted feedback per customer.
So while their total is 'only' nearing ten thousand,
the complete record is 21,740.
This indicates customers
bought more than one thing and / or returned several
times, which I have every intention of doing myself.

You can't go wrong. A+ all the way.

Positive gedgar
Mobile, AL (Zone 8a)
March 10, 2006
I ordered several package of morning glory seeds. They arrived promptly and after soaking one night they were sprouting! Very nice packaging with directions on planting. A delightful company to do business with.
Positive DONBROWN
Halifax
January 5, 2006
GREAT company! Always prompt, friendly and reliable service. They have a small selection of high quality seeds, with some really neat stuff that you don't usually find in this part of Canada. Good prices, very good and user-friendly website. Every time I order it is a pleasure! I hope they expand their selection over the years. Give them a try!!!
On October 25th, 2006, DONBROWN added the following:

If i could give these people a better rating than "positive", I would. Just received my order of seeds for next season (yes, I get an early start), after a very speedy transaction with the lovely folks at Seeds & More. And they threw in a bonus pack of seeds for me to try at no charge as well. Friendly, professional and personal service.....good prices, not afraid to sell the unusual and the common..........now that is my kind of company!