The scoop on 'Bamboo Plantation'

Bamboo Plantation

642 Columbine Lane SW
Brookhaven, Mississippi 39601 (United States)

Visit Bamboo Plantation at:

Comments:

Positive KanapahaLEW
Alachua, FL (Zone 8b)
August 7, 2013
I ordered a Cryptomeria and received a really huge tree in a pot. I have never seen such good packing, and the tree was in excellent condition. This nursery greatly exceeded my expectations.
Positive piratehunter
Cave, MO
August 3, 2013
I ordered two different bamboo plants and was suprised by how large they were for the price compared to other companies I've ordered from in the past. They were packaged well and arrived in a timely manner with healthy looking green leaves.
Positive Floralkingdom
De Funiak Springs, FL (Zone 8b)
June 11, 2013
This past Winter-Spring I placed a large order of all different types of Bamboo from Jim at Bamboo Plantation. The prices, communication, and packing-shipping were all excellent. All of the Bamboo to this day (late Spring - early Summer) are growing well. I will definately come back for more bamboo in the near future.
Neutral Srolle1
Salt Lake City, UT
August 29, 2007
This Spring and Summer I have dealt with a few bamboo growers over the course of several purchases totaling about $1,200. I have had very positive experiences with all growers but Bamboo Plantation. The order in question consisted of 3 Phyllostachys (2 gal rubromarginata, 3 gal harbin inversa and 2 gal aureosulcata aureocaulis). I was told they would ship the following Monday and have by UPS, who verified a four day transit time to my door. After five days I called and was told they shipped out on wednesday. Well, they arrived almost 2 weeks after placing the initial order and in poor condition due to packaging and extra transit time. They were all 3 stuffed into an 18"x18"x12" box, oversaturated with water and enclosed with a large trash bag. The plants were rootbound, shocked and have taken too much effort just to keep alive. All of my other bamboo are doing great with the same drip system and shade cloth.

All 3 times i talked to Jim on the phone he was nice but I felt he did not care that due to his negligence, I now have 3 plants that will be set back a season if they even make it through my winter. The staff is very friendly but the health of my plant is paramount. I will be sticking with my previous bamboo providers. So far, I have been most impressed with the quality and especially the packaging of bamboo garden.

I rated my experience here as neutral because it may have been an isolated incident and I'd hate to ruin their rating. I would have been satisfied with better customer service after the fact.
Positive litibu
ravenna
United States (Zone 11)
March 24, 2007
Jim was very helpful The plants arrived in excellent shape and much larger than are typically sent by bamboo nurseries. Great value and selection.
Positive wb2001
Downsville, LA
May 20, 2006
When I opened the box my first reaction was "Wow!" The sizable plants looked like they were shipped the same day. Large, beautiful, healthy plants that are obviously well-grown. Am amazed at the variety of bamboo they offer. I wasn't gouged on shipping charges either. I highly recommend this nursery to anyone interested in bamboo.
Positive lkz5ia
Denison, IA (Zone 5b)
December 20, 2005
I have ordered a couple of bamboo plants from them this spring 2005. They came in great shape and have done well over the course of this year. I plan to order from bamboo plantation next year.

My 2 gallon phyllostachys rubro, that was planted in spring '05, still has some healthy green leaves on it even though it has already hit -10F in december.