The scoop on 'Tropical Orchid Farm'

Tropical Orchid Farm

Haiku, Maui, Hawaii 96708 (United States)

Phone: 1-866-572-8569

Comments:

Positive nancyanne
Lafayette, LA (Zone 9a)
June 29, 2010
Healthy, clean plants, perfectly packed. TOF has some very choice and unusual species. E-mails answered promptly.
A very positive experience.
Positive lothianjavert
North East, MD (Zone 6b)
October 16, 2007
I just received my order last week, and once again, the plants are great! I usually phone in my order, and I've always had a wonderfully helpful person help me choose plants, or if it's one they are out of, to find a substitution. Sometimes the plants need repotting, but I automatically repot when I receive plants so that they are all in one media, and I have an exact potting date for the next repotting. Never have they been in a state of rotten roots-- they are always healthy. In this order, two of the plants were actually much bigger than advertised, one of which was in bloom as well! The others were all the sizes advertised, and very, very healthy. The bonus plant they add in is always a pleasant surprise!
Positive hawaiiroses
Honolulu, HI
September 26, 2007
I've ordered from them several times with never a problem. The plants always arrive very large and healthy. The packaging has always been well done, and FedEx delivery has always been super fast. I've mail-ordered orchids from other nurseries before, and though I've been happy with them too, I don't think any of them compared in the size of the plants.
Positive correctthought
Flushing, NY
April 23, 2007
Wonderful plants, couldn't be happier.

Space allowing, I'd definately order from Trop Orchid Farm again.

BTW, great freebie.
Positive BCGe
Frederick, MD
May 8, 2006
I have placed numerous orders with TOF. A great selection of species, many of which are hard to find. Everything has been "as advertised" or better, well grown healthy plants. The freebie is always a treat. Highly recommended.
Negative OrchidsNut
San Diego, CA
May 1, 2006
In our first order with this company in over a year, we were very frustrated with the plants we received. Many of the plants arrived with almost no potting media and fell out of the pots during unpacking. The plants were much better attached to the paper used to stuff the sleeves than they were to their pots. .The plants did not appear to have been repotted recently, so why they arrived this way was is a mystery. Three of the plants developed anthracnose leaf spot in our dry quarantine area less than 24 hours after arrival.
Positive Keyring
DC metro, VA (Zone 7b)
January 6, 2006
I've ordered from them multiple times and love their selection and plants. Service is always prompt and packaging is great. Mostly species growing intermediate or on the cooler side of intermediate.