The scoop on 'Amity Rose & Garden Nursery (Amity Heritage Roses)'

Amity Rose & Garden Nursery (Amity Heritage Roses)

Hydesville, California 95547 (United States)

Phone: (707) 768-2040
Fax: (707) 768-2040

Editor's Comment:
Closed Per a note on their website, Amity Rose & Garden Nursery has ceased their mail order business.

Company Comment, posted on December 27, 2006:
We welcome all those wandering Dave's wonderful Garden to visit us at AmityHeritageRoses.com with about 200 varieties of Modern and Oldie roses we think everyone could enjoy growing.

Our bareroot Grade #1 roses from Weeks are available for shipping only in February, but our potted own-root plants are usually shipped Spring - Fall worldwide, wherever pots of soilless media are allowed. Shippng dates vary depending on each cultivar's growth habit as we are known for shipping our live growing plants in "gift quality" condition.

There is a lot more information on our website, or click through to send us an email. We're open for reservation orders in various stages on our Shopping Cart. The best deal is to sign up for our newsletter on our web site and receive notification of what's ready to order each time we've updated our inventory.

And of course, we welcome your comments here regarding your orders received from us.

Thanks!
Tracy & Janet Sclar (Mr/Mrs)

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive BlissfulGarden
Baton Rouge, LA
September 14, 2009
This is my first order from Amity Heritage Roses, but it definitely won't be my last. Having purchased over 100 roses via mail order in the last two years, I have experience with virtually all the GardenWatchdog-rated rose growers and vendors now. I can say, without a doubt, Amity sent me the largest, healthiest own-root roses EVER. I purchased both gallons and bands, and both sizes are above and beyond anything I've received from other vendors. These plants are well-rooted, vigorous, dark green, and lush. They have obviously been pruned with care and are disease free, even after a long ride in a hot box in Louisiana summertime. I am truly impressed. THANK YOU, AMITY!!!
Positive gfm
Melrose, MA
August 31, 2009
Very impressed with them. They were very quick to confirm my order and shipped two weeks earlier than anticipated (I requested ASAP). Coming cross-country the rose was in excellent shape, well wrapped and watered. I definitely will be using Amity as my go to company for roses in the future.
Positive Tanghao
Marietta, GA
August 14, 2009
I've ordered roses in bands before but WOW! these FAR exceeded my expectations. The plant I received was larger than some gallon own root roses that I've gotten from other companies. The price was good and shipping all the way from CA (I live in GA) was reasonable (better than some other companies out there). They shipped EXACTLY when they said they would, communicated with me and I couldn't be more pleased. I would definitely buy from them again.
Positive DianaT
Mullins, SC (Zone 8a)
May 16, 2009
Excellent roses from this company. This is my second order with them and they are just excellent. Well packaged, and so large to be bands! Actually larger than some companies' gallons. Communication is excellent, status updates without having to email for them. I'm very pleased :)
Positive cynthsmthrmn
Gilmer, TX (Zone 7b)
March 16, 2009
I have now purchased 4 or 5 roses from this company. LOVE THEM! Prices and shipping are fair, roses arrive in excellant condition. Customer Service seems friendly and helpful though I haven't had to return anything.
Positive WMorgan
Medford, NJ
August 8, 2008
Ordered 3 Midnight Blue and 1 Dream Come True. The plants arrived healthy and are larger than expected. These plants bloomed faster than all my other plantings [29 large and 15 mini roses], so I was impressed. Also, customer service and communication via email was great and was fast. Their selection is pretty extensive. I would definitely recommend them and use again.
Positive lothianjavert
North East, MD (Zone 6b)
June 28, 2008
I ordered my first two roses from Amity and found the experience an absolute pleasure. They were prompt in returning my emails, and the ordering process was easy and smooth. The roses in fact arrived a little before the expected availability date! I was notified prior to shipping so I knew when they would arrive. When I opened the package, I found two lovely roses in absolutely perfect health. I had expected the usual spotted leaves and broken stems, but these are by far the finest roses I've had delivered. They were much larger than expected, covered in lovely glossy green leaves with lots of fresh new growth starting. One was even in bloom, and is simply stunning- far prettier in person than in the photos. Now I need to find more spaces for roses in my garden so that I can order again!
Positive rosa18
Bartlett, IL (Zone 5a)
June 25, 2008
I have been very pleased with the roses I received from Amity, great packaging, answer emails promptly, a large variety of roses you can't find in other places. All of my wonderful own root roses have taken off and blooming like mad
Thanks Amity!
Neutral cdinger1
Spring Lake, NC
June 17, 2008
I placed an order for 11 plants back in December. According to the shipping info the company had listed, the plants were supposedly supposed to ship late March-April time frame. March came and went and then April did too with no email from them explaining. I tried contacting the company by phone and email to find out what was going on. After several attempts, I finally got a response that said they were behind schedule and that only part of my order was ready and if I'd like part of it now and the other part later. I said that was fine. Over 6 weeks later, I finally received my plants. They did not seperate the order and it was late May (like the 28th or something) that I finally received my plants. It was already beginning to get hot here in NC so I followed the directions and got them planted as soon as possible. Temps were already over 90 by this point but I've tried keeping them watered and such. Less than two weeks have elapsed and over half the order is dead and the other half is just barely hanging on for dear life. I have had good experiences with other mail order companies and because of this companies good rating I took a chance. I tried contacting the company several times, both by email and by phone and haven't received any answers. The plants when shipped looked pretty healthy, but the extreme lateness and the extreme heat is just too much for them. I don't appreciate placing the order, then not hearing anything from them for months then when I finally receive the plants, they die! The roses I planted earlier in the year look great so I'm certain it was the lateness of the shipment that is mainly to blame. It is very bad business to not contact a person expecially when there is a problem. I doubt I will ever order from this company again. I would caution any one else from doing so either, because if you do have any problems, you'll never get the chance to speak with a person. Be very careful and hope you have better luck than I.
On June 21st, 2008, cdinger1 added the following:

I haven't received any emails and I checked my spam filters to see but wouldn't it be from the same address the first emails were from? If not, let me know the web address so i can add it to my contacts. I did follow the planting instructions. The roses are all planted in an area with my partial shade plants right now. They only receive morning sun. I check my voicemail daily, the only voicemail I know of was asking about doing the partial shipment. I actually replied that it would be fine. I didn't ever see anything that said what the price difference would be. I'm assuming that you must be sending from a different address than the one that had my receipt info and order info because those were the last emails I received. I understand that you have no control over the tempertures. You mentioned a reship in July, I don't believe that would be beneficial to the plants. Do you not ship later, like a September time frame where hopefully the weather would be cooler but not freezing? The plants that have already perished are Scentimental, Saint Patrick, and Honey Dijon have already died. The others are severly distressed but I have been trying to provide them even more TLC to try to save them. I know some leaf loss to all is normal but the three turned completely brown, stalk and all and dried up despite my best efforts. I would honestly prefer the plants replaced rather than refunded if they can be shipped later, like the September or something. If they can't then I guess I'll have to try to find them somewhere else later when the weather is cooler. Thanks.
On June 21st, 2008, cdinger1 added the following:

I somehow overlooked one other rose. Blue Moon was the first to die and I overlooked it when I was counting. My apologies.
On June 25th, 2008, cdinger1 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

For now I am changing my rating from negative to neutral. They have agreed to replace the dead roses and reship them this fall. Not all were available at this time but they are allowing me to choose substitutes. Hopefully I will be able to change my rating to positive later.
Company representative comment on June 22, 2008:

On Jun 16, 2008 5:16 PM, Amity Rose & Garden Nursery (Amity Heritage Roses) added:

I am very sorry that Christina has not checked her email or perhaps her spam filter for her replies from us. Since she has taken this public I will do the same and hope that she can read our 2 replies in the last week here:

June 11, 2008Hi Christy:

I'm sorry to hear of the problems. We had weather problems of our own this spring and in March the plants were about 2" tall, if that - just too cold and they sat and sat... There would have been nothing to send you in March, I'm sorry. We did have people cancel orders, which is understandable if growing conditions are not right.

Did you follow the planting guide that came with the roses? Anything over 85 is going to put them under stress right now. Are they shade covered for the hottest part of the day? If so and they still die they might be refundable or replaceable, but your weather may not be any better for shipping in July either and as we state in our guarantee, we can't guarantee the plants in adverse weather.

Let me know.

Thanks,

One June 12th without further communication from her:

Hi Christy:

Tracy would like specifics of which plant is dead and what others (all?) are near death. Also if you read/followed the planting guide. He'd like to consider a partial refund, despite the weather problems we've both had and have no control over.

I'll be out of town until Monday, so we won't be in touch again till next week.

Thanks, with apologies,
AHR

We're still waiting to hear back from her with details. Our guarantee states that we are not responsible for weather-related failures, but we'd like to help out if we can. Customers please note - if it's too hot or too cold for you to plant our small potted roses, please don't have us mail them to you. It really depends on the customer as some are able to pot them up and keep them growing in safe places until their weather is more favorable to plant out in the permanent spots.

On Jun 16, 2008 6:51 PM, Amity Rose & Garden Nursery (Amity Heritage Roses) added:

I just pulled up the order and the SIX emails I've sent to Christy over the past 6 months regarding the details of her order. An ASAP ship date was requested. We left a voicemail and an email on May 7 and 8, respectively, about trying to ship part of the order earlier. We shipped the entire order on 5-22 because she was unwilling to pay the extra shipping charges quoted to split ship. That is no where near 6 weeks later and she could have had part of the order 3 weeks earlier! I know it can FEEL like an eternity when one is waiting for plants, and I know we were unable to ship many orders when we hoped this year because of cold weather and poor growth, but we do not guarantee a shipping time frame or a specific shipping price - we can only guarantee what we are responsible for: quality plants received. Except during extreme weather, potted plants can be planted year round. I am sorry we've not had better communication about her planting conditions.

Christy: Please write us back and we'll see what we can do!

AHR

On Jun 21, 2008 9:36 PM, Amity Rose & Garden Nursery (Amity Heritage Roses) added:

Hi Christy:

Below is the email exchange we had May 8th about splitting the shipment, but you didn't want to pay for additional shipping charges. It sounds like you've not been receiving only some of our emails. When an order is placed with us we specifically say to make sure you can receive emails from the domain AmityHeritageRoses.com and if you don't hear back to call the toll free number. We use several accounts (tandj@, orders@, and ahr@) depending on the type of communication. As an internet company we rely on the internet for business. We don't call unless someone doesn't have email.

We'll review your lost list and see what we can do. I don't believe we'll be shipping plants this fall and most of these varieties are sold out for the year anyway. If there's no way for you to pot them into gallons and keep them in a protected place or shaded during the hottest part of they day, then we will see about a partial refund.

When you've changed your email to accept our domain, please email us at tandj@AmityHeritageRoses.com so we can communicate directly about the final resolution.

----------
May 8, 2008

Hi Christy:

The amount quoted before ($171.35) is for shipping the plants all at one time. We charge the exact price of shipping to the customer, not higher plant prices to hide shipping costs as some other nurseries do. To ship it split the totals come to $102.85 and $90.55. If you don't want to pay for the extra s&h then we will hold the plants here until they are all ready to go at the same time. We are not able to guarantee plant availability in an agricultural setting, but we are able to guarantee our plants once we've deemed them shippable and the customer handles them according to our planting instructions.

I do apologize for the inconvenience. If I don't hear back from you then we will email you when they are ready to ship together, hopefully another 3-5 weeks.

On May 8, 2008, at 4:36 PM, CHRISTY DINGER wrote:

Hello, I want you charge the account the amount I agreed to when I placed the order (I don't have it right in front of me but it was roughly $150)but I don't mind the shipment being split. I've been keeping the paypal account open so please go ahead and charge for the full order and keep me posted when the other half of my order ships. Thanks.

Christy Dinger

Positive Kassia
Framingham, MA (Zone 6a)
May 19, 2008
This is the second year I get roses from Amity. Their roses are good size, great selection and packing is fine.

Only one rose had some powdery mildew so it was in Rose Hospital for a few days... now is planted and doing ok...

I am specially happy for the ramblers I got from Amity last year... they are huge this year... they are very healthy and I love Trier, The Gift and Yesterday... really great plants!!!!
and yes, I will get roses from Amity again... I am actually waiting for another order!!!
Positive wnddyer
Randleman, NC (Zone 7a)
April 26, 2008
Right now I will give a positive due to I received what I ordered (Moonstone and Memorial Day), but on MD, I had to remove all the leaves for they had blackspot, and removed some on Moonstone. They both have buds that are partially opened, but the box the roses were a little cramped in the box they came in, and the top of the roses are all bent over.

I am hoping they will bounce back and be healthy. That's why I went ahead and gave them a positive because I know you cannot control the conditions in a dark box. I will post later when they start to grow more.
Company representative comment on April 27, 2008:

On Apr 26, 2008 6:20 PM, Amity Rose & Garden Nursery (Amity Heritage Roses) added:

Hi and Thank you! It sounds like you did read the planting guide that ships with each order, which explains what to do if some diseased leaves develop during transit. A dark, damp box is perfect growing conditions for them, despite how hard we try to eradicate all spores. Tracy tries equally hard to avoid any crimped stems during transit and if it's excessive you need to save all shipping materials and contact the shipper.

Please do write to us directly if you have any problems in the first 2 months of receiving your plants. If you follow the planting guide completely then we honor our guarantee that they will take off and thrive when transplanted and cared for as we describe.

Positive plantoid
Castro Valley, CA (Zone 9b)
April 26, 2008
I was very happy with my order of 3 roses from Amity. They have a BIGGGG selection of hard-to-find roses. They are own-root roses, instead of budded roses and there are several clear advantages to own-root roses as stated on the Amity site.

One thing about buying own-root roses is they are tiny plants grown in 3"x3"x6" containers. They take 1 to probably 2 years to develop to the same size as budded roses.
Positive snowlion
Saint Paul, MN (Zone 4b)
April 26, 2008
3 years ago I found Amity because I was looking for a classic Rosa gallica (Apothecary's Rose). Very hard to find. I live in MN and had a special place all picked out when the "new baby" arrived. I was so excited! The instructions were clear, I carefully did exactly what they said. The little baby looked so hopeful in its spot. ~ Unfortunately, 2 months or so later, the little tyke didn't look so happy. It wasn't sprouting new growth, or new leaves .... I was anxious. I called, and talked to Janet. She talked to Tracy. We exchanged emails. Tracy had a simple test to find out whether it was likely to bounce back or . Baby didn't make it. ~ So next spring, Amity sent me a new plant. This time, everything went perfectly. The rose bushed out nicely, I clipped the buds so it would establish well....and was rewarded the following June with 21 GORGEOUS blossoms! Now, my Apothecary Rose is trying to beat the odds & grow beyond its stated maximum dimensions. In zone 4. Minnesnowta. :-)
Positive orion191
Lexington, NC
April 25, 2008
I just received my second order from Amity and I could not be happier. I ordered 5 roses late last summer after reading all of the reviews and a couple of my roses came in already blooming and almost all had buds. I was so thrilled that I ordered again this spring (early so I could get what I wanted) and I am even more thrilled. I ordered 4 roses in total and my Memorial Day rose came in with a beautiful bloom and Scentimental had a bud on it! After buying from Jackson and Perkins and getting bare grafted roses for more money and more shipping, I couldn't be happier with Amity! I can't tell you how many suckers I have pulled off of my Jackson and Perkins roses - own root is the way to go people!!! I highly recommend Tracey and Janet!!!!
Positive shoebell
Saint Paul, MN
April 25, 2008
It was hard to decide if this should be neutral or negative since they DO have so many positives posted for them. But I'm REALLY frustrated. I ordered 2 roses at the end of November to be sure that I'd be able to get them for spring. I received an email confirmation that confirmed the date for shipping that I chose and also stated I would receive an email notification in the spring about the shipment. I haven't received my spring email confirmation, the date has come and gone for shipping and I see my credit card hasn't been charged. You know what? I wonder if they lost my order.

BUT -- here's why I'm sooo frustrated -- I can't get a hold of them!! On their website and in reply to an email they sent an automatic response which says they are dedicated to handling all internet orders first. Then they'll deal with general emails (that must be what I am) and lastly, they'll handle any voice mails you leave from calling the listed telephone number. What happened to my order?

The roses that I ordered show that they are SOLD OUT on their website. So, if they lost my order, that looks like I've got no chance to get the roses I wanted so badly (that I ordered them in late November). And I live in Minnesota. Gosh, since we're so cold, we're probably the LAST place they send roses to anyway -- so SOLD OUT doesn't look so good to me. I've found a place that has one of the roses I wanted to get from them -- but what do I do? If I order it, what if they come back and say "Oh yes, don't you worry. We're a little late on sending emails, charging credit cards and shipping, but we've got you covered." Then I have 2 roses when I only need one. If I don't order it from the other company, I fear I might lose my chance to obtain at least 1 of the 2 I ordered from Amity.

You might wonder what the fuss, they'll get back to my email, right? Not so quick. From their automatic reply email that I got, and on their own website, it says it could take 3 to 5 days to get a response! Not exactly helpful. I have to give them a negative from my experience. I'm too afraid to try them again.
On April 25th, 2008, shoebell changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Wouldn't you know it! As soon as I was done writing the review, I checked my email (for the millionth time since I sent them the one about my order) and found they had just sent the following reply:

"No problems here except for cold weather and slow growing plants. Tracy has your order marked to ship 5/5 and will double check that at this time next week before it's for sure. I'm sorry for the delay, but he wants to make sure they're strong enough to transplant well when you get them.

Thanks again. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Janet Sclar
Amity Heritage Roses
PO Box 357
Hydesville, CA 95547
voicemail/fax: 707-768-2040, toll-free: 1-877-768-2040

I am very relieved and grateful -- and most happy to change my rating from negative to positive.

Company representative comment on April 25, 2008:

On Apr 25, 2008 10:57 AM, Amity Rose & Garden Nursery (Amity Heritage Roses) added:

Wow, Anne sent an email yesterday when I was out of the office. I replied to it already this morning. She also sent another order form full of CAPITAL LETTERS like she's screaming at me. Then I get the news that she's posted a negative comment on Dave's Garden.

The order is fine, hasn't been lost, her plants have been reserved in her name since November, but she hasn't had to pay a dime for them yet. We've had a cold spring and things are not growing in the manner in which we'd like them to, so shipments are being delayed so that we don't get negative feedback when the boxes to arrive. Now we even get negative feedback before we've had a chance to do anything!

Anne, I know you're eager to get gardening, but please trust in us a little longer to provide you with a quality product and customer service. I'm a little afraid to listen to the voicemails today in case you tried to call too. What a way to start my morning. Peace everyone, please. Gardening is about peace and beauty. I'm sorry you've had trouble with other companies or other people, but please give us a chance to work with you before ranting.

Positive tangaloor
Benton City, WA
March 18, 2008
Great Services and Shipping I order from them in 2007 and all the roses arrive healthy and doing well. Later in the year they even remembered me for a rose that had been out of stock and contacted me to see if I still wanted it. It too arrived in great condition. All appear to have survived winter well and are starting to leaf out. Thanks a bunch!!
Positive weebles64
Dayton, OH (Zone 6a)
June 4, 2007
WOW... What a great service company....Ordered roses as a christmas gift....they sent a card with a picture of the rose bushes that will be coming....gave them a mail date and the most beautiful mail order plants showed up within three days of that date!!!!! Plus they sent me a e-mail that the bushes were sent.....The best mail order experiance I ever had. Thanks,
Weebles64
Positive vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
May 15, 2007
I join the rest of the very satisfied customers. I was most impressed with the size of the rose I ordered and the impeccable manner in which it was packed. I will definitely order from them again. They carry many roses which are not available locally. Highly recommend.
Positive larlienda
Strasburg, VA (Zone 6b)
May 4, 2007
I just received my roses today...they are gorgeous & very healthy looking and they were packaged very well. I was very impressed with the size of the roses. I have just recently started ordering roses and other plants on-line and in the past week i've received band sized roses from a couple of other companies....while those are healthy and i hope they do well, overall they are no where near the size of these plants.

I'm thrilled!

Thanks,
Lynda
Positive ladyschweig
Culpeper, VA (Zone 7a)
April 24, 2007
I ordered 3 roses. All came superbly packed and Oh-so-Healthy! The service before the sale was terrific. I will certainly order from Amity again, and again, and again. The selection they have is wonderful and that will give me many reasons to return!
Positive Mary1NYS
Sherrill, NY (Zone 5a)
April 20, 2007
Wow! 4 beautiful roses with buds ready to explode. Who could ask for more? The largest band sized roses I have ever received! Packaging was wonderful and customer service was superb. I will order from again.
Positive trackinsand
mid central, FL (Zone 9a)
April 10, 2007
i just placed my first order with this company and even though i don't have my plants yet, i feel i must comment on the superb customer service and personal touch. i feel sure after reading the other reviews that i will not be disappointed with the plants.

i will add to this review after my shipment arrives.
On April 18th, 2007, trackinsand added the following:

the roses arrived and i am so impressed! perfect packing, i mean really, well-packed, not a leaf out of place. two of them are blooming already and every petal was perfect. the important thing, however, is that they are big, healthy bands! thanks, amity!
Positive Strever
Hiouchi, CA (Zone 8b)
April 9, 2007
i have had 2 VERY good experiences with Amity
nice large healthy plants both times
Positive Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA (Zone 9a)
April 7, 2007
I just received my first order from Amity, but I've ordered band-sized roses from a dozen other nurseries, so I thought I knew what to expect in terms of size and general quality. I was wrong, and I couldn't be happier about it.

These are big and beautiful plants. They're also in perfect shape and obviously very healthy. Most of the other nurseries would categorize these as gallon-sized roses and set the price accordingly.

Amity has a large selection of roses, very low prices, and superb packaging. Not one leaf was damaged in transit. Customer service was also far above average. I ordered the roses long before delivery season started, but between the order date and the delivery date, I received regular e-mails to tell me how my roses were doing.
Positive mifflett
Belfair, WA
April 5, 2007
I had never ordered from Amity before and didn't know what to expect, but they exceeded all my expectations. My rose was shipped out the same day I placed the order and is just perfect. Good size and thriving. I would definitely order from them again. Great selection and wonderful customer service.
Positive nikki_conway
Ellicott City, MD (Zone 7a)
April 4, 2007
I just recieved 4 beautiful, healthy, nice sized roses from Amity! I was very pleased with their cumstomer service also! They kept me up to date on my order, and were easy to get in touch with. Will definately buy from they again!
Nikki Conway Ellicott City, MD
Positive ljwalte
Jacksonville, FL
January 24, 2007
Nice folks running this nursery. I have always received great service and very healthy roses from this company. Their web site is very informative. I will continue to order from them.
Positive RachelsGardener
Salinas, CA (Zone 9a)
January 22, 2007
Great quality plants, fantastic prices, super nice people to deal with. I'll do business with Amity Heritage every opportunity I get!
Positive emaperu
Chico, CA
January 22, 2007
I bought a gallon size Shropshire Lad rose at the beginning of last fall.I was amazed at the size and health of this plant!It has done great over the winter(even with it being so extra cold) and I can't wait to see it bloom this summer!
I will DEFINITELY buy from them again and will,with all confidence,recommend them to others.It was a great buying experience!!Thank you!
Positive cjolene
Emporia, KS (Zone 5b)
November 22, 2006
Received two rose plants just wallowing in good health. Had ordered several roses from different places this year and these ones by far looked the best. Enjoyed speaking to one of the owners- she really sounds like she knows what she's doing. Thanks so much! ; )
Positive gaika
Palo Alto, CA
July 28, 2006
I have placed many orders with Amity and enjoy doing business with them
Positive cammycat
Mountain Top, PA
June 10, 2006
I ordered Brother Cadfael (which was on sale ) and Westerland roses from Amity. They let me know when everything was being shipped. The roses arrived in very sturdy packages (one box for each instead of two squished into one box) and they just took my breath away when I saw how big and healthy (and with a bloom or bud on each) they were. Looking at orders I received from other companies, I thought own root roses were necessarily going to be kind of small (8-10") and tender at first. Amity really opened my eyes. The plants were way bigger (18-20") and healthier, not a yellowish leaf in sight. Thanks Amity for giving us our money's worth. You take the anxiety out of ordering sight unseen. It is expensive ordering from the East Coast since I'm so far away, but well worth it.
Positive aml
Boca Raton, FL (Zone 10a)
June 6, 2006
There may not be perfection in mailorder service, but this is as close as it comes to it. The plants I received were beyond expectations: large and perfectly healthy, not one wilted leaf ar sign of disease. One of the roses had one open flower and another bud that opened the next day. Thank you!
Positive kayschild
Manchester, NH
May 24, 2006
While I have tried numerous own-root rose companies and the roses have been ok none can come close to Amitys quality!! The bands are dwarfed by the size of the lush healthy plants growing in them. The quality and beauty of their roses are only second to their customer service. Because I prefer to phone instead of email when I have a question I have had to leave messages. However,even at this busy time,my calls are returned promptly and my questions are answered to my satisfaction. I just love this company!!!
Positive torisebastian
Syracuse, NY (Zone 5a)
May 8, 2006
I purchased 5 roses from them based on other people's recommendations here on DG. They shipped them at the proper time and the roses all arrived huge and healthy (one even had a bloom about to open) and very well packaged. My husband was amazed, he's always been a little skeptical about ordereing plants sight unseen, but I have to say amity roses is by far one of the best online retailers. I highly recommend them.
Positive jwor
Baltimore, MD
May 3, 2006
I ordered 3 Golden Celebration roses from them recently. There was a small mistake with the order, which they remedied quickly. Excellent personalized customer service, and a real pride in what they sell. The care they put into cultivating and delivering healthy roses really shows.

They also gave helpful advice about the best time to plant in my zone. It is obvious that they have put a good deal of work into the roses they sell, and want their customers to have success.

It has been a pleasure doing business with them. Would order from them again. Recommend them highly.
Positive jhushion
Providence, RI (Zone 6b)
April 12, 2006
I have ordered hundreds of roses over the years, however I just received my first shipment from Amity. They are the biggest, healthiest own-root roses I have ever purchased. I couldn't be happier. I've gone back and ordered more.
Great service and fabulous plants. What more can you ask for?
Positive sugarlump
Louisville, KY
April 12, 2006
The best own root roses I have ever received. The rose I received from them was the biggest band I have ever ordered- it even has buds on it! It is comparable in size to a gallon sized bush. Beautiful, healthy rose, careful packaging, quick shipment...In future, the only way I would order from another vendor is if Amity does not carry the rose I want. Highly recommended!
Positive LI_Rose
(Zone 6b)
February 15, 2006
My first order from Amity Heritage Roses, in 2005, included the largest band-sized plants I've ever received from any rose vendor and a very pleasant customer service experience. Highly recommended.

LIR
Positive ajincolorado
Colorado Springs, CO
May 12, 2005
What a great company! First of all, their website is great Ė it is informative and easy to navigate. I received prompt, personal emails regarding my order confirmation and questions. My order of two roses came today and they look very healthy and beautiful! They were packed wonderfully as well. Amity is upfront regarding smaller rose size and includes a photo of what the roses will look like upon arrival. Yet, they are much larger than I had expected! I canít wait to get them in the ground! I will be placing another order soon!