The scoop on 'Teakettle Enterprises'

Teakettle Enterprises

Belmopan
(Belize)

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Negative ransom3
Zephyrhills, FL
March 5, 2013
Oh BOY!!! I ordered seeds of three different species of morning glories: Ipomoea alba, Ipomoea tricolor and Ipomoea violacea. Not one of the packs contained what I ordered or what I wanted. Each pack instead contained the same thing, a species known as Merremia umbellata. Do they think we are fools! Just that species of seed , nothing else. I notified this company twice of my disappointment and my outrage ( I was out more than $30.00), but I have not heard from them. ALL I WANT ARE THE SEEDS I ORDERED, THE ONES THEY DESCRIBED. Beware of Especies Belize.
Negative eliasastro
Athens
Greece (Zone 10a)
August 24, 2012
Posted on July 21, 2012, updated August 24, 2012
Last spring i ordered Acalypha hispida seeds from this company on eBay (it is the only seller on eBay who sells Acalypha hispida seeds at the moment). The seeds germinated immediately, so i left a positive feedback. Unfortunately, after seedlings became large enough i realized that the seeds were not of Acalypha hispida as was supposed to be, but of the much more common annual Celosia spicata. I got very dissapointed about this, so i sent them a message, but of course no reply, when 45 days after purchase pass, they don't know you.
On August 24th, 2012, eliasastro added the following:

They finally replied after some time, but they didn't admit their mistake and they insist the seeds were of Acalypha hispida. I made a photographic comparison of the seeds with macro lens and my conclusion was that the seeds were of Celosia spicata.
Positive bugiha
Ocala, FL (Zone 9a)
July 25, 2012
I've ordered seeds form Teakettle several times. Got good germination - speedy delivery. My questions were answered promtly. Great experience,
Positive dauben
Santee, CA
April 13, 2007
I ordered sour orange seeds and after almost a month and multiple emails and phone calls, I have had NO response from this vendor as to the status of my order. Very disappointed!!
On April 15th, 2007, dauben changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Owner responded and refunded money. Seeds were destroyed by pests. Took a while for a response, but satisfied with the outcome.