The scoop on 'Eagle Creek Seed Potatoes'

Eagle Creek Seed Potatoes

Box 70
Bowden, Alberta T0M 0K0 (Canada)

Phone: 1-877-224-3939

This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company specializes in:

Comments:

Positive Fledrmaus
Ottawa
Canada
May 15, 2007
Used this company for the first time this year, as they had some very unusual specialty potatoes we wanted to try. I was very impressed with the seed potatoes when they arrived - lots of eyes on each one, and as I cut them up for planting I could see that they were all healthy with no black spots. They also came with a page of very thorough planting instructions that are more informative than the books I've used until now. We'll see how they produce in the fall, but so far I'm very happy. I ordered my "regular" potatoes from Dominion Seed Company, but I'm so pleased with the Eagle Creek potatoes, I think next year I'll place my entire order with them.

One suggestion: it would be nice if they could set up an online ordering system. I sent in my order by mail, and without any way of acknowledging orders received, it leaves one wondering if it really got through. In the old days, when all ordering was done by post, nobody really worried about it, and everything seemed to work, but nowadays we don't trust the Post Office the way we used to. The online catalogue is great; an online ordering page would make it even better.
On August 23rd, 2007, Fledrmaus added the following:

UPDATE: The All Red potatoes I ordered from Eagle Creek produced beautifully! Lots of nice big tubers, and quite scab-free, unlike some of the other varieties I ordered elsewhere. I will definitely order from them again in the spring.