The scoop on 'New Hope Seed Company'

New Hope Seed Company

Bon Aqua, Tennessee 37025 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive Marica
Eupora, MS
February 9, 2011
I cannot say enough good things about this company. I've purchased vegetable and tobacco seeds, as well as live sweet potato shoots. i am especially impressed with the packaging-- the seeds are in little ziplock bags within the paper packet.
Positive OlgaGarden
Littleton, CO
February 9, 2010
Great company. Nice communication. Lovely tobacco varieties and quick shipping.
Positive Carey007
Dora, AL (Zone 7b)
July 29, 2009
On 2-9-2009 I ordered 1/4 ounce(100 seeds) of Aunt Hettie's red okra as a trial run of the company and their seeds. I recieved my order in less than a week....great service! Planted the okra in mid May and now I'm cutting okra every day. Great seeds.
I'm was pleased enough with their prompt service and quality seeds that I've already ordered(and recieved) more red okra seeds just to make sure I have it next spring. I'll have no problem ordering from them again.
Positive hookjb
Columbia, MO
February 22, 2009
Nice little company. I ordered from them last year and got my seeds in less than a week. The vegetable seeds were great. I did have trouble getting the tobacco to germinate, but I think that was entirely my fault because I was new to the procedure.

On April 28th, 2009, hookjb added the following:

Tried germinating my same tobacco seeds from last year in my cold frame and had great results. So it was definitely me and not the seeds that were the problem last year.
Positive Tabacum
Mantua, OH (Zone 5a)
January 19, 2009
1/18/09 New Hope Seed rating.....Ran across this company in my search for tobacco seeds and information. I have grown tobacco plants for years
for the beauty of the plants. This website is very informative regarding the planting of tabacco. I decided
to order three packets of their tobacco seeds. They
arrived quickly and attractively packaged. Good site for
unique and heirloom seeds. Looking forward to trying
their seeds out in the spring.
Positive chicochi3
Fayetteville, AR (Zone 6b)
January 12, 2009
What a great place to order seeds. Fast, efficient, and had the Calico Crowder peas that I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get this year. Great!
Positive julsie
Ruther Glen, VA
August 27, 2008
I ordered sweet potato plants for the first time this year. I was glad the website warned that they may arrive looking wimpy, because I was a little skeptical when I saw them. But there were lots of extra plants included, and nearly all of them survived. A few even survived after being dug up multiple times by my dog. Now they're growing all over the place, spilling out of their raised beds, where they get trampled and just keep growing.

As a side note, a few days after I planted mine, I heard a customer at our best local garden center asking when the sweet potato plants would be in! Made me feel good to be ahead of the game.

I'll definitely order from these folks again. They shipped when they said they would, the order was neatly packed and labeled, and Dave answered my planting questions via email. Highly recommend.
Positive Thunkthoughtless
Correll, MN (Zone 4a)
March 13, 2008
My order was horribly botched, (my fault), so I wrote to see if I could change it, knowing that it's often difficult or impossible to retract a faulty order once placed. I pretty much expected a range from a polite "No", to the usual, "We're not responsible for your stupidity!" response that's so common these days.

Alas!!!!!!, David replied *promptly* that the changes I wanted had been made, *AND* thanked me for supporting New Hope, in a totally non form-letter sort of way.

***SUPREME***
Positive three_elms
Tippecanoe, IN
June 13, 2007
Ordered sweet potatoes from them this year. Due to a late frost they were a week or two behind. Emails were answered promptly and when the starts arrived they were in great shape and abundant, with more than I ordered. All have started growing very well and only 1 very small slip was lost.
Positive MikeD
Liberal, OR (Zone 8b)
March 14, 2006
I have been buying from New Hope Seeds for years. Always a pleasure doing business with them. Seed is fresh, cleaned well and germinates very high. The owner is very passionate about preserving rare family and commercial seed varieties and researches histories and pedigrees of the varieties he offers.