The scoop on 'Heritage Harvest Seed'

Heritage Harvest Seed

Box 40, RR 3
Carman, Manitoba R0G 0J0 (Canada)

Comments:

Positive hophead
St. Catharines, ON (Zone 6b)
April 14, 2014
This company has a lot of rare seeds and one of two that has Centennial Rocket. I ordered it 8 days ago and got it today( 4 business days) AND received a FREE pack of heirloom tomato seeds. What a pleasant surprise on top of the fast service. Highly recommended!!!!!
Positive Longshot02
Dunnville, Ontario
March 2, 2014
Very good service. Placed my online order last weekend and it arrived Friday. Also was sent an E-mail on the Monday that the order had been sent. We have bought seed from Heritage Harvest before and had good luck with everything we tried. The wide selection of beans got us interested but they have a lot more to offer. The free pack of seed added to the order was a nice surprise. Thank you.
Positive ganesha
St. Catharines
February 20, 2014
We have placed orders with this company for the last 2 years. While not our only supplier, as we deal with other good quality heirloom and open pollinated seed companies (who we are also happy with). Hands down, Heritage Harvest have won in consistency of germination. Even seed 2 years old germinated better than the other companies with that years new seed. Receiving pretty much 100% germination across the board and reliably strong, sturdy healthy plants (last year we trialed 90 different tomato varieties). While not always the least expensive with the highest seed counts they have proven to provide quality seed ...and I believe that is the name of the game. Tanya's selection is wonderful, there is a great assortment of tomatoes, beans, lettuce, and other fine vegetables, herbs and flowers. We have just placed our order for this year and she has received the bulk of our extensive vegetable list. Wishing her continued success.
Positive yehudith
silver spring, MD (Zone 7a)
June 27, 2011
I ordered Heritage Harvest Seeds for the first time this year and I assure you this will not be the last. Selection was unbelivable, and as I'm putting in a true Victorian garden introduction dates for varieties are very important to me and they came right up to the mark. The only thing they didn't have was Sea Kale,and some of the Victorian Brussels Sprouts, everything else was there. The hardest thing about ordering from them has been wittling down our "want list" to an "I think it will fit list" to an "I'll die if I don't get it list". Took my friend and me 3 days, but we did it! The rest of the ordering process was as painless as it could possibly be.
Positive phoenix2012
Yorkton
June 2, 2011
I have ordered two years in a row from this company and been very happy with the results. The tomato seeds they sent me as a freeby for the order last year are outperforming all the other varieties in the garden this year so far.

I have found them to be prompt, the seed is fresh (seeds left over from last year are viable this year no problem.) Only problem is I want to try too many things in the catalogue and I dont have room for them all! They were the only place I was able to find vegetable marrow and mangel seeds. They also include recipes so people know how to use some of the less common seeds they carry. Definite thumbs up.
Positive amideutch
Albersbach
Germany
February 19, 2009
I too placed an order with these folks after verifying I could order with PayPay. I sent them a list of the varieties I wanted with my shipping address and they sent me an e-mail with the PayPal transaction awaiting me to click "Pay" and it was a done deal. Received my seeds 10 days later (I live in Germany) with no problems. Seed count was above the norm and had a freebe pack to boot. Highly recommended.
Positive Spookycharles
Langley, WA (Zone 8b)
February 20, 2008
Heritage Harvest Seed has a great variety of unique heirloom seeds, many that Iíd been searching for and was unable to locate from retail sources in the US. Their website is lovely and full of interesting information on the different varieties they offer. While orders cannot be placed online, they do accept credit cards via PayPal and it was very easy to get hold of them by both phone and email.

I had expected to encounter some issues with the fact that the seeds were coming in from Canada but their shipping rate to the US is inexpensive and I received my seeds, plus additional free packets, just a little over a week after placing the order Ė much faster than Iíve received most US ordered seeds.

I was very happy with Heritage Harvest Seedís prompt and helpful service. The uniqueness of the varieties offered is wonderful and I canít wait to plant them.