The scoop on 'Garden Harvest Supply'

Garden Harvest Supply

Garden Harvest Supply has 2307 products listed in PlantScout.

2952W 500S
Berne, Indiana 46711 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook
This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and seeds.

Company Comment, posted on April 27, 2009:
At Garden Harvest Supply we believe that a healthy and welcoming home environment should be at everyone's fingertips. We encourage responsible gardening with the use of organic products.

Garden Harvest Supply is pleased to offer the widest variety and the highest quality of vegetable plants, planting supplies, home interior and personal care items.

We invite you to stop by and visit.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive Debsroots
Northwest, MO (Zone 5a)
August 22, 2014
I ordered three geraniums about a one and a half weeks ago and they have arrived.

The plants were large and in bloom. I couldn't be more happy...will be ordering from them again.
Positive Gardeningman
Kingman, KS
August 14, 2014
Posted on May 22, 2014, updated August 14, 2014
Posted on May 7, 2014, updated May 22, 2014
Posted on May 9, 2013, updated May 7, 2014
Posted on December 13, 2012, updated May 9, 2013
I contacted Garden Harvest supply by phone. The customer service was very friendly and helpful. I had a question about their Miss Huff Lantanas, and they were able to answer my questions. I never order from a company that has poor customer service or lacks knowledge about the products they sell. But Garden Harvest Supply was very friendly and professional and pretty knowledgable about what plants they sold.
I am definitely going to purchase approximately 18 Miss Huff Lantana plants this Spring, but I haven\'t decided whether to order from Garden Harvest Supply or ComNur.com. Both companies are excellent. It will probably come down to which company has the best offer on Miss Huff Lantanas.
On May 9th, 2013, Gardeningman added the following:

I decided to order from Garden Harvest Supply (GHS), and the folks there were absolutely wonderful every step of the way. Stephni and Mandy were especially helpful. (They were able to put up with me, and that alone speaks volumes for their patience and professionalism. lol) There was one small ďhick-upí in the process. There was a crop failure, so the Miss Huff Lantanas I ordered were not available. GHS e-mailed me with the option of either a refund or choosing a different cultivar of lantana. I was pretty disappointed, but it wasnít their fault. I know they donít enjoy crop failures any more than their customers do, because it may cost them some good business. Anyway, I chose two different cultivars of lantanas: Dallas Red and Confetti.
The lantanas arrived yesterday along with a couple of Black Knight Butterfly Bush plants and a Carolina Salsa Lantana plant. ALL of the plants were in superb condition, and the packing was the best Iíve ever seen. The little plastic pots were enclosed inside larger plastic cartons, which were packed in the shipping box with paper around them, so no dirt was spilled and the plants remained undisturbed during the shipping process.
The plants were healthy with very well-developed roots for the size of the plants. Right after I planted them yesterday evening, it stormed with heavy rain, gusting wind, and pounding hail. One of the Confettiís was even submerged under water. I was really worried that I had killed my brand new plants. However, the plants were just fine, and I attribute a lot of that to the health of the plants.
I definitely recommend Garden Harvest Supply for anyone wanting to buy perennial plants.
On May 7th, 2014, Gardeningman added the following:

This is the second time I ordered from Garden Harvest Supply. Once again, the customer service was great. Mandy is always very helpful and polite. I received my order in two days! I ordered a variety of plants, and my order this time looked even better than last time. I was extremely impressed.
The one Sum and Substance Hosta I ordered is the only plant I\'m a little concerned about. It has one eye, which appears to be healthy and two leaves. One leaf is very yellow and the other leaf is crispy around the edges, but I will plant it and see what happens. I have a great little hosta bed on the north side of my house that all of my other hostas are thriving in. Besides, hostas are easy to grow and very resilient. This one should be fine, but only time will tell for sure.
Anyway, I am still extremely impressed with my order. The Autumn Joy Sedums are huge and robust and everything looks great. I can\'t wait to plant it all tomorrow evening. Great job, GHS! I appreciate your commitment to quality products and quality customer service.
On May 22nd, 2014, Gardeningman added the following:

Garden Harvest Supply (GHS) continues to impress me. Out of the 15 plants I ordered from GHS this last time, only two of them weren\'t well enough developed to make it. And that has never happened before. They were an Autumn Charm Sedum and a Sum & Substance Hosta. I notified GHS, and they immediately sent me two replacement plants at no additional charge. The replacement Autumn Charm Sedum was actually one of their premium plants in a quart size container. I was very impressed. The Sum & Substance Hosta was regular sized but much healthier looking than the first one. Thanks again, GHS.

On August 14th, 2014, Gardeningman added the following:

This year I ordered two Russian Sage plants, 2 Autumn Charm plants, 4 Autumn Joy plants, 1 Sum and Substance Hosta, and 6 Son Sonset Lantanas from Garden Harvest Supply (GHS). Everything is doing really, really well. The Sum and Substance Hosta is growing well. The Sedums and Russian Sages are planted together and are absolutely beautiful. The Sedums are getting ready to bloom and the Russian Sages are already big and full of lavender colored blooms. The Sonset lantanas are huge! Itís hard to believe that those little bitty plants from 4Ē pots have grown into 5' x 2í shrubs.
I have photos that I will post sometime.
Negative connoisseur
Indianapolis, IN
July 31, 2014
Although shipping was prompt, quality was bad. I knew the plant would be fairly small, but there was virtually no top growth and little root development. For a $12 plant. I would have been ashamed to send such a plant. The box was 20 times larger than the plant.
Company representative comment on August 15, 2014:
On Aug 15, 2014 9:27 AM, Garden Harvest Supply responded with:

Dear connoisseur: We are very sorry to hear this and will make it right with you. Please contact us by phone or email as we have no way to know who you are or what order this was from. Sincerely, Joe

Positive KJWThack
East Lansdowne, PA
June 19, 2014
Posted on June 1, 2014, updated June 19, 2014
I have ordered from GHS for a few years now. I have never had a problem with their plants - they are always very healthy and extremely well packed. This year was no different - the plants were sprinting right out of the box. I also really appreciate their potted vegetable and fruit options for those of us who have very small gardens and only two people to feed, and therefore don't have the room or the need to start dozens of seeds in March and April.

I got two mums, two cucumber plants, one watermelon, one cantaloupe, one mojito mint, 4 basil and a number of jade beans from them - all very healthy. I am still waiting for the sprint peas I ordered, but they emailed me and let me know that they were not ready to ship yet and I am willing to wait an extra week for healthy plants.
On June 19th, 2014, KJWThack added the following:

Update: I continue to be truly impressed by this company. After a slight delay, they had to cancel my order for sprint peas because there was a problem with the crop. They were very good about it, apologized and refunded me my money immediately. And then a few weeks later (yesterday, to be exact), they sent me sprint pea plants from their new crop. Free of charge, a complete surprise to me - I didn't have any idea they were going to do that. I am so impressed that I am ordering some more plants from them tonight. They now have a loyal long-term customer.
Positive lyph
Ithaca, NY (Zone 5a)
June 12, 2014
Having found it too late in the season to locate chrysanthemum transplants in the colors I prefer an local nurseries, I checked in Dave's Plant Scout. There I discovered Garden Harvest Supply. The wonderful array of plants, at very reasonable prices, caused me some doubt about the quality I would find when the plants arrived. Today, just three days after placing an order, my 8 healthy plants arrived in an ingeniously stable packing container, and they were not even needing water! Two substitutions had been made, but the new plants fit exactly with the height/color scheme I was working on. I am so happy that I just ordered 6 more chrysanthemums. I will be using this company many more times in the future.
Positive minami
June 11, 2014
Posted on May 28, 2014, updated June 11, 2014
I really wanted to like Garden Harvest Supply! I ordered several plants for this season but for some reason, the 2 sugar sprint plants I ordered were received completely wilted. I tried unsuccessfully to revive them, but in the end, they were completely dead.

I am finding it hard to get ahold of customer service regarding this issue - would love it if I can get store credit instead of replacement sugar sprints as both of them were dead on arrival while the rest of the plants I received are doing completely fine.

Frustrated!
On June 11th, 2014, minami changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Thank you so much for helping me out Joe.
I really appreciate it!

Everything is healthy and growing beautifully.
One note I should add is that everything is very carefully packed during shipping.
Company representative comment on May 28, 2014:
On May 28, 2014 7:41 PM, Garden Harvest Supply responded with:

Dear minami:

So sorry to hear of the poor condition of your plants. We will gladly replace them for you. Not sure why we are not connection on this issue? Please email info@gardenharvestsupply.com and put in your subject line your order number and these words, "SEE JOE". I will also send you a D-mail. Thanks for allowing us to get your replacement plants get shipped correctly.

Garden Harvest Supply

Positive brandykins09
Knoxville, TN
May 8, 2014
Although my plants weren't mailed when they said they would be - When they did arrive they were packed well and thriving. And since planting them, they are still doing well.
~ I do think that Mandy needs a customer service class, and not blame the customer for the delay in the order.

Company representative comment on May 9, 2014:
On May 9, 2014 7:02 AM, Garden Harvest Supply responded with:

We are happy to hear the plants are doing well. Sorry about the delay in shipping. Without knowing the particulars I can't really address this further. You are welcome to send me a D-mail and I can follow up with more detail. Thank you for your business!

Positive virginiarose
Southeast, VA (Zone 8a)
May 2, 2014
Posted on July 10, 2013, updated May 2, 2014
Posted on May 4, 2013, updated July 10, 2013
Posted on June 8, 2011, updated May 4, 2013
Posted on May 6, 2011, updated June 8, 2011
I received my plants, about 8, in good packing and still moist and healthy in their little 3 or 4 inch pots. Very nice plants, so healthy and big for the price. I would recommend this company to all my friends and garden buddies everywhere. I would definitely order from them again and again. :)
On June 8th, 2011, virginiarose added the following:

Just received another perfect order from Garden Harvest Supply. Very healthy plants, good packing, not one speck of dirt missing, still moist too! Hope to do more business, thanks for the coupon and discounts. :)
On May 4th, 2013, virginiarose added the following:

I received my order yesterday and the packing and plants are better than ever! Very healthy plants that were still moist and no dirt spill. Yahoo!
On July 10th, 2013, virginiarose added the following:

I got another beautiful order today! This company has the best packing method I have ever seen. I have been ordering from them for several years and each year they get better and better.

( Thank you Joe! )
On May 2nd, 2014, virginiarose added the following:

Wonderful order! Great packing method and beautiful plants.
Thanks for adding the Heuchera!
Company representative comment on June 8, 2011:
On Jun 8, 2011 7:08 PM, Garden Harvest Supply responded with:

Virginiarose we appreciate your continued business, thanks!!

Positive dirty_nails
Anderson, IN
February 18, 2014
Posted on February 11, 2014, updated February 18, 2014
I have ordered from GHS several times and visited the mail-order location just to check it out because it is within driving distance. Unfortunately, I am disappointed with my most recent purchase. At least two of my seed packets are way short on seeds. The company touts that their seeds come in "hand-filled packages" and I am reasonable when it comes to what "approximately" means. However, one packet (very expensive) was supposed to be 25 seeds and I got 10. Another was supposed to be 50 and I received 40. With lower count items, these discrepancies are significant from 20% to 60%. And, with several other packages of as yet unopened seeds, I'm not looking forward to counting out hundreds of seeds.
I have contacted the company directly, and will update if they respond.
On February 18th, 2014, dirty_nails changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

The company rep did indeed return my e-mail immediately and I received replacement seeds plus some extra for good measure. Thank you GHS for great customer service! I will definitely order again!

Company representative comment on February 11, 2014:
On Feb 11, 2014 4:56 PM, Garden Harvest Supply responded with:

Hello dirty_nails:

So sorry for this shortage. Each season we do a hand count for each variety of flower seeds. Then we use a measuring spoon sized for that count. The complete process from the bulk side to the finished seed packet is done by hand. We also changed some of the quantities on some of the seed packets from last year to this year, it looks like we missed updating the count online for Cheyenne Mix, we have corrected that count and will be sending you out the quoted amount...plus a few extra for your troubles. On the Lupine shortage, it appears a new lot came in, (sometimes Lupine seeds vary in size) and we did not double check the measurement. We are sending you another packet to make up for this shortage. With all that being said, it is rare for us to be short on seeds and we certainly thank you for bringing this to our attention. If there is anything else we can do, please let me know.

Positive mc003
Crown Point, IN (Zone 5a)
June 15, 2013
Ordered from this company for the first time last year and was so pleased I ordered several more orders this year. I received an email about one of the orders I placed, saying the variety of astilbe was unavaible and would I like to sustitute with another, which I chose to do. The replacements were freaking huge!! Thank you! Also in that same order one of the dicentra burning hearts completely snapped off during shipping. I took a picture and emailed them and was told I would be receiving a replacement which came within a couple of days and again was much larger then the original plants. I was a happy camper with my orderes this year so when I got an email about the 30% off of perennials I jumped. I filled my cart up while I was at work and when I got home I was able to place it right before this huge arse storm knocked our power out for a day. Once the power was restored I checked my email and the order had shipped and I received it yesterday! Once again everything was fantastic! Thank You!
Neutral HouseofFlowers
ROSLINDALE, MA
May 30, 2013
Posted on May 22, 2013, updated May 30, 2013
Posted on May 21, 2013, updated May 22, 2013
I have ordered from this company in the past. I had a positive experience so I recommended this company to a friend. Big mistake.

I placed an order more than one month ago. I wasn't thrilled with the far off projected shipping date provided, but I figured I would just go ahead and place the order since I had a positive experience in the past and I really liked the variety offered.

After wasting so much time waiting and passing up on beautiful plants at local nurseries all spring, my shipping week with Garden Harvest Supply came and went. Concerned that my package may have been lost in the mail I called and was told that my order had not yet shipped. For me, spring is nearly over. If planting in the spring is important to you, you may want to go with another company.

Meanwhile, the friend I recommended this company to did receive her order (a little on the late side I might add) and most, if not all, of her order was wrong (the flower colors were not the colors ordered) and her other plants were tiny. (2 inch pots--not as advertised on the web).

I wish I had gone with another company. (This is my first year having window boxes, and I am looking at nothing but dirt because my plants did not arrive.) I don't know if there is new management, but this is not what I experienced in the past and I am greatly disappointed.

I only wish I had selected a company that had more reliable shipping and that would honor what you have ordered.
On May 22nd, 2013, HouseofFlowers added the following:

UPDATE: Response send to Joe on 5/22/13

: Hello Joe:

Thank you for your response. You have requested my order number and it is ##### (order number omitted was provided in my private response).

When I first spoke to a female representative at your nursery to inquire about my plants which had not yet been received, and learned that my order had not even shipped, I told her NOT to send the plants. I expressed that I was annoyed at the delay and that I would probably be better off getting other plants from a local nursery. I told her that I just wanted a refund since nothing had shipped. She didn't want to cancel the order and instead asked if she could call me back after looking into things further but gave the excuse that things are busy. I then said that the only way I would keep the order is if I were offered a significant discount. Otherwise, to send me nothing and provide a refund. The woman on the phone promised to call me back and make some type of offer. She never did, so I also sent an email to your company specifying that I did not want the order shipped unless and until somebody could find the time to talk to me. I now feel cheated as my email indicates that the plants were suddenly shipped following my request for a refund. I am very angry that I have been treated this way. Nobody should conduct business in this manner.
On May 30th, 2013, HouseofFlowers changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I am changing my review from negative to neutral as I feel that is what would be fair. After such a negative experience, I appreciate that Garden Harvest Supply was kind enough to issue a full refund for my order. (Thank you Joe)

Company representative comment on May 24, 2013:
On May 21, 2013 12:13 PM, Garden Harvest Supply responded with:

Dear HouseofFlowers. I am sorry to see we have failed to give you a satisfying experience this year. Unfortunately I do not know your order number and cannot speak directly to its status and why it did not ship sooner. If you could send me a message here on Dave's with the info, I will gladly look into it. As for your friend, I hope she has contacted us about the colors so we can get it fixed. We do advertised the size of each pot on its product page, sorry if your friend missed that. I look forward to your response.

On May 24, 2013 9:11 AM, Garden Harvest Supply added:

We have certainly dropped the ball on your order. So sorry to have created all this frustration for you. I have refunded your order. If the plants are in good condition when you arrive back, you are welcome to keep them. We would welcome the opportunity to serve you properly, should you want to try us again in the future.

Negative ringydingy22
Broomfield, CO
May 25, 2013
Posted on May 25, 2013, updated May 25, 2013
Posted on May 24, 2013, updated May 25, 2013
I ordered well over $100 of flowers/plants on May 15th. I also ordered some from another company. Well I received my order from the other company yesterday and had heard NOTHING. NOT EVEN AN ORDER CONFIRMATION from Garden Harvest. I emailed them with my order numbers last night and they tell me they emailed me because two of the items I ordered were out of stock....and they never heard back. Well, I never got the email. Now they say I have to wait until Tuesday for shipment.....mean while, my other plant order sits because I was going to mix them. They never offered any expedited shipping, no discount...nothing. They sent me an email address I never even heard of and said that was the address they had on file for me....INCORRECT. Someone must have fat fingered wrong into their system. Not happy....very poor customer service and they don't answer the phone. My order number is ORU7856969796 and when I login to my account with them....their site says I have no order(s) with them. What is going on? Not happy Joe....owner.
On May 25th, 2013, ringydingy22 added the following:

Joe, I order online probably 3 to 4 times a week. Me typing the mail address below as my own is impossible....not even close to mine and I don't even know this person. Its probably another customer of yours.

Here is the email that we have on file for you [deleted]

So once again you or your system entered the wrong email address and bottom line....have my plants from Santa Rosa but not you.
On May 25th, 2013, ringydingy22 added the following:

Also...funny thing Joe...when logging into my acct...you sure have my correct email address. How can you have it right ones place but not another?
Company representative comment on May 25, 2013:
On May 24, 2013 3:48 PM, Garden Harvest Supply responded with:

Sorry for the problems with your order ringyding22. As was noted when you checked out, CO orders do not ship until this week. Once we realized the problem with two of the plants, we emailed. Unfortunately the address was incorrect, our customers enter this information during checkout, so that is all we had to go off of. That is also the reason you could not login. I must admit, we get a lot of calls with the time of year it is, some of them don't get answered as soon as we would like. As far as the expedited shipping, there is nothing we could do that would not have them site over the 3 day weekend, which would have been terrible for the plants. We certainly will speed them up once they leave here Tuesday. Please follow up once they arrive and let us know if they are satisfactory.

On May 25, 2013 12:01 PM, Garden Harvest Supply added:

After pulling all emails regarding this order, it appears we did not copy the correct email in one of our responses. When you entered your email, you left the "n" our of juno.com, this is the reason you did not receive any notifications about your order. Unfortunately, we did not catch it and update your records, sorry for missing that. I will be emailing you as well.

Joe

Positive Patricia_CR
Grecia, Alajuela
Costa Rica
May 24, 2013
I was recently in Chicago, and placed an order for several plants. They arrived on time, well packed and super healthy. I was delighted at how carefully packed they were. In spite of a long trip they took, all of them are growing healthy and strong. Can't thank you enough. I would consider to buy from you anytime again. Love the variety you have!
Positive Pinetucky
Swainsboro, GA (Zone 8b)
May 24, 2013
Posted on May 7, 2012, updated May 24, 2013
I received my first order of nice, healthy plants from this company . When I opened the package, I was delighted to find that half of them were already in bloom. Shipping was very quick and the packaging was very secure allowing minimal soil loss. I hope to be ordering more very soon.
On May 24th, 2013, Pinetucky added the following:

The two orders I have received this spring have both been great. Plants were of good size, well rooted, and healthy. Packing was again exceptional. I received email confirmation of both orders and also shipping notifications. They do everything right, so I am a very happy customer.
Negative mmcsilvia
North Westport, MA
May 21, 2013
Posted on May 21, 2013, updated May 21, 2013
My son and I expanded his garden and made plans early in the year. Together was started looking at what vegetables he would like to plant and submitted an order on 4/16/13. Along with his order I also decided to add on to the landscaping and ordered 15 plants for myslef. An order of nearly $200.00.

Shipping date showed order to be shipped on 5/13/13. It is now 5/21/13 and our order is still showing as processing. A email sent last week was returned several days later stating our order had not shipped and we will receive an email once the order ships.

A week later and still no email. Two calls to the company resulted in a voicemail. A third call resulted in the line hanging up after ringing for several minutes. A fourth call and I left a message requesting a return call. Lets see if someone calls today!

I look around and vegetable gardens are blooming and we dont even have our order and it isnt even on its way.

This was the first time we have ordered online and I never will again. I will not recommend this company. It doesnt make me any happier to see negative responces listed for the same very reason as ours.

Sadly disappointed in Massachusetts.

Christine Silvia
On May 21st, 2013, mmcsilvia added the following:

Joe,

Thank you for your responce and I did just receive an email. I hope the order arrives quikly. Some of my frustration lies that my son who loves his vegetable garden is having surgery on Friday and he wants to plant his vegetables. Hopefully everything will arrive prior and in time for him to enjoy planting.

I dont make it a habbit to post poor reviews. I understand how difficult it is to run a company. I will more than praise and return if all works out for the best.

I would like to thank you for todays quick responce.

Kindly,

Christine Silvia

Company representative comment on May 21, 2013:
On May 21, 2013 12:07 PM, Garden Harvest Supply responded with:

Dear Christine, please allow me to apologize for not getting your order out last week as promised last week. Your order is scheduled to ship today, if you have not already received a tracking number, you should have one by this evening. We strive for perfection on every order, unfortunately we do fail at times, and I am very sorry we failed you. Sorry to see you will not be back. If you have any issues with the plants once they arrive, please let me know.

On May 21, 2013 1:13 PM, Garden Harvest Supply added:

Christine, I totally understand your frustration, I would be frustrated as well. Please follow up once it arrives.

Joe

Posted on April 20, 2012, updated May 7, 2012
Posted on July 5, 2011, updated April 20, 2012
Posted on June 18, 2011, updated July 5, 2011
Posted on May 13, 2011, updated June 18, 2011
I placed my first order with Garden Harvest Supply this spring and was happy with the plants I received. I purchased a mix of annuals and perennials and all were healthy plants. Would order again.
On June 18th, 2011, Sherry77 added the following:

Since writing this review, I have placed two more orders with Garden Harvest Supply, and am still more than pleased with everything I have received. All of the plants I ordered are healthy and strong and I'll definitely be ordering from GHS in the future!
On July 5th, 2011, Sherry77 added the following:

I placed yet another order with GHS, and once again, am very pleased with the plants I received. Plants were well-packaged and came through the shipping just fine, even in the heat. Very pleased with all my orders from Garden Harvest Supply this spring and early summer, and will use them as my main source from now on for online plant shopping.
On April 19th, 2012, Sherry77 added the following:

Just received a large order from Garden Harvest Supply today, and am once again completely happy with my order. The plants were so well-packaged and all look nice and healthy, most were already flowering and will go straight into my garden. Love GHS!
On May 7th, 2012, Sherry77 added the following:

Received another order from GHS, veggies this time, and was once again well-pleased. The tomatoes and peppers are growing well in our garden.
On March 12th, 2013, Sherry77 added the following:

My last order with GHS was in late spring last year, and a few of the plants I ordered during their clearance sale did not make it through shipment. GHS quickly refunded me for those few plants. Everything else I ordered from them did well (a large number of annuals, perennials, even vegetables), and I'm happy with their customer service. They're still my favorite online garden center and I am looking forward to ordering again this spring.
On May 20th, 2013, Sherry77 added the following:

Received a huge order from GHS last week, including three full 50-count trays of annuals and I am amazed at how well they were packaged and shipped. The plants are all healthy and not a one was out of the tray. Good job GHS.
Positive stetchworth
Ocean Springs, MS (Zone 8b)
May 17, 2013
This was my first time ordering from this company. I ordered two Mandevilla plants, they were nice size plants and the packaging was the best I have seen on a mail order company. I highly recommend them and I will be ordering from them again.
Positive cricketapollo
Chicago, IL
May 10, 2013
I placed several orders with Garden Harvest for plants and supplies this spring and have been very impressed. Fast shipping and well-packaged, healthy-looking plants--everything as it should be. Their prices are reasonable, too. The ivy geraniums and trailing verbena I received the other day are particularly pretty and I can't wait to plant them in my hanging baskets this weekend!
Positive Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY
May 3, 2013
After reading the other positive comments regarding GHS, I decided to place an order of 6 plants for the first time!

Wished I'd known about this place years ago!

I just got my box this week and am very pleased! All were very healthy, looked good and shipping was great!

This won't be my last order with them!

Recommended!
Positive imccallusa
Fort Wayne, IN
May 2, 2013
I have been shopping with this company since 2008. I have had nothing but good service and have been extremely happy with every plant that I have ordered. I have been so happy with the plants, that I place several orders per season and will only buy plants from them because the grow and they have wonderful customer service. You can also find them on ebay.com which is how I orginally found them. Kudos! Kudos! Kudos!
Positive Gully
Ellicott City, MD
May 2, 2013
Shipped according to my requested date. Plants well packaged and nicely sized, particularly the cucumber plants. Nice, positive experience.
Positive pray7
Quincy, OH
March 15, 2013
Something was biting us while we were sleeping at night. I never did find out what it was.I had ordered the Diatomaceous Earth,Food grade, as I had read it was a natural way to kill bugs. I sprinkled it around the baseboards and in the basement, and I noticed many bugs dead. Even black water bugs. That was nice enough, but whatever was biting us never bit us again after sprinkling the D.E. I am sold on it , and I have been telling others about it. Thank you, Barbara, from Ohio
Positive juhur7
Anderson, IN (Zone 6a)
September 13, 2012
Posted on August 11, 2012, updated September 13, 2012
Posted on August 8, 2012, updated August 11, 2012
I ordered two hibiscus from them, packaging was excellent,in fact when UPS threw them upside down on the front porch it did not any harm to the flowers as they were packed so well. Good price, and excellent processing,well above average.
On August 11th, 2012, juhur7 added the following:

I thought I would take a minute to add the plants were large and healthy as advertised ,in excellent condition,and are now growing very well.
On September 13th, 2012, juhur7 added the following:

I ordered a Rhododendron as a gift ,my second order from them,really nice once again, This will always be i mind when considering future purchases. Everything did and has always arrived in great shape!
Positive Hemhostaholic
Scranton, PA (Zone 5b)
September 13, 2012
I ordered 9 'Pow Wow White' Echinacea, and 1 'Vintage Gold' Chameacyparis. I actually saw the UPS person toss the box on the ground, where it rolled twice, and landed on a side. I opened the box up, minimum dirt was spilled. All of the 9 Echis were in great shape (almost the same size as I just paid $5 a piece for at a local garden center!) The 'Vintage Gold' I knew would be on the smaller size, the plant was shipped in a 4" container, but the plant was about 10-12" tall! I am impressed with this companies shipping, their products were big "bang" for your buck, and I will definitely be ordering from them in the future!
Positive DEMinPA
Selinsgrove, PA (Zone 5b)
August 31, 2012
I ordered strawberry plants for fall planting in July. They notified me they would be shipped the week of August 27th. I received them yesterday August 30th. They arrived in perfect condition. Will buy from them again.

DEMinPA
Positive plantgnome1
nowhere land, NY (Zone 6b)
August 18, 2012
I have placed two orders in the past month and plants arrived in good condition, some with buds starting to bloom already. So far I am very happy with this company and their plants. I just placed a third order for a new garden I just started. I will be using this company more as their prices can't be beat. The newest cultivars of Coneflowers half the price of other sites, as well as Heuchera. Most of the sites ( I will not mention their names) I have been using have started charging ridiculous prices for their plants and I have had to get numerous replacements because they are shipping the smallest almost seedlings that don't survive the trip to my house. Also other sites appear to raise their prices when they have 25% off sales, which I feel is deceptive.
GHS has low prices to begin with and so far no problems with any of their plants. Their shipping prices are about the same as others. Packaging is acceptable-just a little messy with soil in the box. I love the point credits as they are really worth it, ie: 115 points equals $5.75. Another site which offers rewards 100 points only equals $1.00.
Highly recommended site.
Positive Mylena1
Cliff Island, ME
August 5, 2012
Posted on July 20, 2011, updated August 5, 2012
Posted on June 12, 2011, updated July 20, 2011
It was for the first time that I ordered from this company, and I chose it because there were so many positive comments on this site. And I am very happy with what I got. All the plants looked healthy, some were really huge and I don't think that I'll have any problems with them. And I also liked the prices - I couldn't buy so much stuff for the money I paid at the local nursery. THANK YOU! And I am sure to order from this company again.
On July 20th, 2011, Mylena1 changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I am changing my rating of the company, because one of the ferns that I had ordered died and at my request to replace it I was explained that they give only ten day guarantee to living plants. Isn't it ridiculous? Ten days the plant only needs to think what to do next - to grow or to die, and even the lousiest nurseries give six months to one year guarantee. Sometimes a plant doesn't look too good when we receive it, but with good care it begins to grow and finally thrives, sometimes quite the opposite, it looks quite healthy at first, but then without any reason at all it drops leaves and dies. I read all their rules on the site, and I thought that ten day guarantee referred to other stuff this company sells, not to the living plants. So I want just to warn other gardener to be careful while ordering and writing positive reviews on Garden Harvest Supply. There are so many positive reviews here because they offer certain discounts for further orders to those clients who wrote a positive review, but they don't stand behind every one of their plants, and if the most expensive plant dies, it will be a complete loss for you, as they offer you only a ridiculous ten day guarantee and no replacement after that.
On August 5th, 2012, Mylena1 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

This spring I ordered a lot of plants from Garden Harvest Supply and I didn't have any problems at all. All the plants were big enough and healthy. So now I know for sure that if I need really good stuff to plant it on the flowerbeds of my clients I should order from this company - both the prices and quality are excellent . And their customer service is great too - they immediately react to every email and are very helpful. I highly recommend this company to all gardeners. THANK YOU!
Company representative comment on July 21, 2011:
On Jul 21, 2011 8:13 AM, Garden Harvest Supply responded with:

Dear Mylena1: I am sorry you had a plant die. I have looked over your original order from April and noticed you purchased other varieties of ferns as well, are they doing okay? We tried very hard to make it plain that the 10 days are for plants, all other items have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. This rarely happens with our plants and has not been a priority to increase the number of days on plants; however after reading your comments and reviewing other online nurseries, it appears we are a bit off on the length of our guarantee. We will continue looking into this matter, thanks for bringing it to our attention. I will have the girls contact you via email to get your dead plant taken care of. Joe

On Jul 21, 2011 8:23 AM, Garden Harvest Supply added:

You also mentioned the discounts we offer. It is absolutely true, we do give our customers discounts when they place a review. We understand how very busy people are with life, when they take a few minutes out of their day to tell others about their experience with Garden Harvest Supply, we show our appreciation with a discount coupon for a future purchase. Thanks again for being our customer!

Positive netreelady
Lincoln, NE
July 29, 2012
I purchased 20 Jersey Supreme asparagus 1-year crowns in May 2011. They arrived promptly along with excellent instructions for planting and care. All the plants grew and thrived! We harvested lightly this year and will plan to enjoy a full harvest next year. The plants are amazing! Very healthy, thick and bushy! I am very pleased with the service and quality of plants!
Positive Dave39
Mount Wolf, PA
June 3, 2012
Ordered clematis. Quickly shipped. Packed in 2 inch pots held in special plastic holders to fit nicely into the box. Roots well developed and moist potting soil upon arrival. Leaves a bit dried out but should recover well with transplanting.
Positive kvj011756
Orleans, MA
May 31, 2012
The NICEST people to do business with. Great product and great customer service. Some of my plants died and there was no problem with them sending out replacements. I HIGHLY recommend this company. They do business the old fashioned way!
Positive ibewgirl
Wilmington, DE
May 26, 2012
Posted on May 7, 2012, updated May 26, 2012
Posted on March 5, 2012, updated May 7, 2012
Every perennial I am looking for this spring is here and a reasonable price. I have had good expereinces in the past so am very happy not to have to spend a lot on shipping fees ordering from different nurseries.
On May 7th, 2012, ibewgirl added the following:

I rarely purchase annuals but added some "flowering combos" to an order and they are very attractive. Two of them started blooming with a few days. I think it's much more convenient to to purchase these rather than driving around to nurseries trying to find the colors you need. They really take the guesswork out of hanging baskets. The Prairie Fire combo looks great in a turqouise planter.

I was also pleased to find Pretty Much Picasso petunia which none of the nurseries carried last year.
On May 26th, 2012, ibewgirl added the following:

The first place I check for heucheras and heucherellas. All arrived in great shape.
Positive islander1938
WASHINGTON ISLAND, WI
May 26, 2012
Didn't know what to expect because I had never heard of this company. But I don't hear a lot up here in the woods. Nice plants, no problems, and would order from them again.
Positive sillyrob
Lowell, MA
May 22, 2012
I received my 6 plants in great condition and very quickly. I would love to use this company in the future when doing my garden.
Negative ristenes
GLENSHAW, PA
May 21, 2012
I purchased a total of 20 black petunias. The flowers arrived on Wednesday, they started blooming as of the time I got home from work on Friday. Problem is they are not black petunias, they are petunia phantoms. I have left messages and emails without even receiving a call back or email. Terrible customer service, considering the amount I paid & shipping that I paid, I would expect the courtesy of a response considering I was not shipped the product that I paid for.
Company representative comment on May 21, 2012:
On May 21, 2012 9:31 PM, Garden Harvest Supply responded with:

ristenes we are very sorry for this incorrectly filled order and our tardy responses. Our phone calls to you have gone unanswered. It appears our emails this evening have had responses. Thanks for the opportunity to resolve this to your satisfaction.

Positive kqcrna
Cincinnati, OH (Zone 6a)
May 18, 2012
Posted on April 26, 2012, updated May 18, 2012
I received my first order from Garden Harvest Supply yesterday.- seven nice, big healthy plants. Packaging is wonderful, each plant held neatly and firmly in place. Not a granule of soil was displaced in shipping. Prices were competitive. Order was shipped and received when I had requested.

I would definitely order from this company again.

Karen
On May 18th, 2012, kqcrna added the following:

I placed another order and received it today. Another positive experience with this company and I would recommend them.
Neutral jorine
Marion, IN
May 18, 2012
On 2/2/12 received an email confirmation of my order and the followng statement:

Plants in this order will ship the week of 5/7/2012.
Thank you for shopping at Garden Harvest Supply Inc.

As of 5/18/12 have not received my order. Emailed them on 5/15/12 asking if there was a problem with my order . . . no response to my email. Tried calling three times today and each time get a busy signal.

I understand that things beyond our control can happen but a communication regarding such would be considerate.
Company representative comment on May 21, 2012:
On May 21, 2012 9:34 PM, Garden Harvest Supply responded with:

jorine, very sorry for the poor communication. Have we taken care of this order?

Positive dd8004
Arden Hills, MN
May 5, 2012
Ordered a bunch of Echinacea plants. Two did not look good. Went ahead and planted them all in hopes that the two would perk up, but they didn't. Reported it to the company and they immediately shipped replacement plants. The replacements have arrived and look great. Haven't planted them yet because it's been pouring here in Minnesota, but I'm sure they'll do fine. Will definitely order again from this company. Great customer service!
Positive flowersrule
Palmerton, PA (Zone 6a)
May 4, 2012
Posted on May 12, 2011, updated May 4, 2012
This was my first time ordering from Garden Harvest Supply, and I will order from them again in the future.
There was a mix-up with the order and not all of the plants were initially shipped. It was eventually straightened out and my plants were shipped immediately. I would not hesitate to buy from them again because I am now confident that if a problem arises, they will fix it. Customer Service is superior !
On May 4th, 2012, flowersrule added the following:

I just received another order of plants from Garden Harvest Supply and am very happy with them. They are all healthy, good-sized plants and were packaged safely for shipping.
I love Temari verbena and it seems most places sell the Lanai variety. Garden Harvest has my very favorite flower plant and I will definitely be back for more in the future.
Company representative comment on May 12, 2011:
On May 12, 2011 12:53 PM, Garden Harvest Supply responded with:

Thanks for your order and for allowing us to fix our mistake. We look forward to your future orders! Happy gardening.

Neutral dogfacemonkey
Knoxville, TN
March 15, 2012
Posted on March 15, 2012, updated March 15, 2012
I have had nothing but trouble from this company from day one. After placing my order for 50 plants and confirming the order, they changed the web page and my order so that it was only for 2 potted plants -- obviously a bait and switch tactic. I even made a copy of the original web page I ordered from so that I could prove it to them, but they refused to honor my original order. I had no other option than to cancel my order. They supposedly refunded my order, but the money still has not shown up in my bank account. Funny though, when I originally ordered, the money was taken OUT of my account the very next day! I will never be doing business with these crooks ever again, and I caution everyone else against it as well.
On March 15th, 2012, dogfacemonkey changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I wanted to make other readers aware that this company is actively making an effort to resolve this issue to my satisfaction.

Thanks.
Company representative comment on March 15, 2012:
On Mar 15, 2012 8:38 AM, Garden Harvest Supply responded with:

I am very sorry for all the confusion over this order. It appears we did in fact have a wrong description on the product page in question. I have emailed you and offered to honor the order if you still want it. Please accept my sincere apology for this error, it was not intentional in any way. Joe

Positive nclivin
Salisbury, NC
September 30, 2011
Ordered 2 hollyhock plants: Chater's Maroon & Nigra Alcea. Packaged well. Even had "Live Plants" and "Handle With Care" stickers on it. I am super excited to see these hollyhocks bloom next fall. Quality plants. Will order again!