The scoop on 'Lake Valley Seed'

Lake Valley Seed

5717 Arapaho Road
Boulder, Colorado 80303 (United States)

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Negative dwgardnerco
Westminster, CO
March 14, 2014
I bought some black krim and pineapple tomatillo seeds from Ace hardware stores to start indoors for this year's garden. None of the seeds germinated. I was at Echter's garden center last weekend and searched for these seeds from another company but they only had them in organic Lake Valley Seeds. I decided to give this company another try. I planted all the seeds from the packets and only one black krim and pineapple seed sprouted. I don't think I'll ever buy Lake Seed Valley seeds again. I'll stick to Seed Saver's Exchange and Botanical Interests.
Positive 50Carrots
Chesapeake Ranch Estates-Drum Point, MD
May 3, 2013
I first purchased some Lake Valley flower and vegetable seeds at a local gardening store. I checked out their website and bought quite a few more. I appreciate some of the unique varieties The “Sparky” sunflower (Helianthus Annuus) has quilled petals. Everything I’ve planted has sprouted and thrived. Excellent website, packaging, quality, and customer service.
Positive aileen246
Priest River, ID
June 24, 2012
Posted on June 3, 2011, updated June 24, 2012
I purchased some of Lake Valley seeds from the local garden center. Just for curiosity, I checked the number of seeds in the package of Kabocha squash and thought the amount was rather skimpy. Also, of the 14 seeds in the package, four were shattered or split. I was able to exchange the package for a new one, same amount of seeds but better condition. What I planted, germinated fine, as did basil and four o"clocks.
On June 24th, 2012, aileen246 added the following:

I just wanted to add, this squash was the best tasting squash I have ever grown. But be prepared to give the plants plenty of room, at least 8 to 10 feet.
Positive vrdostal
Santa Clara, CA (Zone 9a)
June 24, 2012
As of June 2012 Lake Valley Seed Company does do internet orders for individuals. This must be a recent change given the past comments. Dave's Garden description needs to be updated to reflect this.

My seed order arrived promptly. Can't wait to get planting.
Negative blove116600
Shepherd, TX
March 28, 2010
The seeds were fine,cucuzzi squash.The issue I have with the company is that they don't do internet sales,and bluntly say on their site that they don't do business with,"big box companies".Rather they choose business with hardware stores,and mom and pop operations.I definatly support such operations,but attempting to purchase their product a second time is virtually impossible.Such stores are hit and miss,and god only knows where they might be.I bought their seeds in Houston TX on business, an hour drive from home.The net sight doesn't show all vegy's(products).Which is aggervating,but doesn't really matter because they don't do internet sales.(Prob.the reason)NO NET SALES,SMALL TIME RETAILERS SCATTERED.If LakeValley seed had the best product on the planet,acquiring their product is enough to make you crazy.
Positive min_bee
Nyack, NY
March 17, 2010
I buy Lake Valley Seeds locally at The Christmas Tree Store in Spring Valley, NY, and highly recommend them for quality and reasonable prices. They now offer organic seeds; I planted their organic kale inside this winter in a sunny unheated room and the kale is thriving.
Positive scotspeace
Vallejo, CA
August 14, 2006
14 August 2006

Dear folks:
I've been buying Lake Valley Seed seeds for a few years now because, short of being Organic seeds, Lake Valley stamps on the back of their seed packages "Untreated", which I GREATLY appreciate, AND the prices are reasonable.
Too many other seed companies decorate their seed packages to lead you to assume that their seeds are organic or untreated by pesticides, but in reality their seeds are neither.
So, when I can't afford a pack of organic seeds, I pick up Lake Valley UNTREATED seeds and get fine results! Also, it's nice to collect the seeds and see that they grow just as well as the first-bought!
ALSO, I've been reseeding a nearby riverwalk dirt path natural plant area here in Vallejo with Lake Valley California Poppy seeds, since the state flower here IS the orange California Poppy! AND they're coming up!!!
T'anks, Folks!