The scoop on 'Tiny Treasures Nursery'

Tiny Treasures Nursery

5654 Hazelgreen Rd. NE.
Salem, Oregon 97305 (United States)

Phone: 503-559-4133
Fax: 503-390-0028

Company Comment, posted on September 2, 2006:
Rare plants from unusual places! That's what Tiny Treasures Nursery is all about. Tiny Treasures Plants are intended for rock gardens, miniature railroad gardens, bonsai, container gardening, trough gardening, or growing in your own outdoor landscape. We are constantly looking for great dwarf and unusual plants that are underused in landscaping or just not available. It is our desire to make these plants easily obtainable for the collector or specialty landscape gardener. We sell Tiny Treasures Plants retail through our website and ship utilizing UPS delivery.

Please visit us at our website to browse our online catalog for lots of plant photos and information.

Thanks, Troy

~We have been featured by GARDEN DESIGN Magazine as one of their top 7 mail order plant sources. Can be view at this web address: http://www.gardendesign.com/brown/best-mail-order-plant-sour...

Comments:

Negative soloscaper
Lima, OH
March 29, 2014
I called the listed phone number any number of times this season and early fall 2013 and no one ever called me back. Previous orders were very nice however.
Positive dave12122
East Haddam, CT
April 22, 2011
I only ordered one plant, Daphne genkwa, which is hard to find in the 2 gallon size. The box was smashed in upon receipt, but the plant received only minor damage. As a matter of fact, It was in bloom, and still is a couple of weeks later. This is one of the choicest Daphnes, as the flowers last for 3-4 weeks and are a gorgeous lilac. I would order from Tiny Treasures again, communication was excellent!
Positive greyslate
Baltimore, MD
April 2, 2011
This was my first time ordering from this company, and I was wary from the mixed reviews, however they had a pernettya that I desperate to try and no else seemed to carry any. I sent an email inquiring after available sizes, and after a great conversation with Sharon, I ordered the #1 pernettya and added a #2 choisya 'Sundance' onto my order as well. The plants arrived quickly with excellent packing; they were very large and healthy. I was able to get the choisya in right away, and it looks gorgeous in spite of our extended chilly weather. The pernettya has to sit around for weeks while I waited for its pot to arrive and kept on thriving (and producing berries)! It has since been planted and is doing wonderfully. These were amazing plants, and Sharon was great to deal with, and I would definitely order from this company again!
Positive NoNora
Roslindale, MA
May 5, 2010
I LOVE THIS COMPANY. I've ordered from most, if not all, of the top 30 Garden Watchdog online gardening centers and NEVER have I received a shipment of such size and high quality. EVERYTHING in the order was larger than expected, incredibly healthy and well rooted. And communication with the company was wonderful. If I were to cite any quibble at all with them, it was that their web site was not up to date - i.e. I ordered something shown as in stock that was not. I do a lot of planning around what I order and I'll admit that I really hate that. BUT, in my final analysis, all but one of the 15 items I ordered were in stock, and I've never been more satisfied with an order. Thanks to Tiny Treasures - their plants are certainly treasures, but they are absolutely NOT tiny!
Positive MiniGardener
Valparaiso, IN
November 19, 2008
I emailed Tiny Treasures an order for a Cryptomeria japonia Elegans and it is beautiful. It is very tall and still a wonderful green color that will change to purple soon. It is much taller than I thought it would be. He emailed me and then we spoke on the telephone, he was very helpful. I'm letting this wonderful tree get used to the conditions for about two weeks before planting but I'm sure it will thrive here. I will certainly be ordering again from Tiny Treasures. Thank you Troy for your help.
Positive joycemdodd
Lake Wylie, SC (Zone 7b)
November 13, 2008
Troy was very responsive to my email request for 2 Daphne Odora Marginata plants in #1 size for planting this fall here in upstate South Carolina He emailed his cellphone number, and when I called him, told me that the available plants were quite large for their size/price and hardened, having been outdoors in his Oregon location . The beauttiful plants arrived today in perfect condition, well packed, and nearly two feet tall in their pots! I cannot wait to get them into the garden.
I will be ordering from Tiny Treasures again!!
Negative shadedriven
Copake, NY
October 17, 2008
Posted on October 17, 2008, updated December 27, 2009

I attempted to order from this nursery in June by both phone and e-mail link on web site. After a few weeks with no result, I left a phone message. The owner,Troy, returned the call from his cell phone and took the order and my credit card info for purchase of two 2- gallon Daphne Jim's Pride and a Pigmy Pieris. They were received, apparently in OK condition and planted immediately end of June. One Daphne flourished and he other not six feet away in the same bed started loosing leaves. I nursed it along, hoping for survival until end of August when all leaves had dropped from the seven stems.

In as much as this was a costly order--$40 plus shipping for each one of the Daphne, I have tried to contact them about the crop failure for over six weeks by direct e-mail, by site e-mail link and by phone , leaving a message on their voice mail. Today their voice mail box reported full. Either they are out of business or totally irresponsible as regards customer service.

I would like to know if any Dave's garden users have reached them.
Unfortunately I did not retain the owners cell number. I would advise not to deal with them until I receive the courtesy of a conact from them. I would ask Dave's Garden to acertain if they are still in business and if negative, remove them from the Watchdog.

On December 27, 2009, shadedriven added the following:

I am not a vindictive person, but I must once again comment on Tiny Treasures. After my Oct 2008 posting, the second of the Daphne's gave up the ghost in mid-November and despite major mulching and burlaping of the denuded stems, never came back in the Spring of '09. I continued to call and e-mail without response into the late Spring. In late Oct. I receive an unsolicited bulk e-mail from apparently a new hire who would serve as Customer Service rep and promised an improved rapid response to all orders and questions. In 10 years of on-line gardening this is the only vendor to never have at minimum responded to a complaint (even though not necessarily resolving it to my satisfaction)

After searching my '08 files, I put together an e-mail outling the problem reported previously in rhese pages, but now times 2. My email sent three weeks ago has as yet recived no response I have sent a follow up, but am not holdong my breath. "Plus que je change, plus que le meme chose" (for non francophiles, nothing vulgar, just gentle wit).
Neutral paulaindc
Washington, DC
May 22, 2008
Same experience as others. Three emails and three phone calls- left messages, no response.
Neutral PabloVerde
Canton, GA
May 7, 2008
Despite the owner's comments, I experienced the same thing in May 2008. One call and 3 e-mails (per the web site), No response.
Neutral esteve59
Annapolis, MD
January 19, 2008
I guess they are closed.I sent several emails and called but no-one answers ????
Company representative comment on March 19, 2008:

On Mar 19, 2008 2:41 AM, Tiny Treasures Nursery added:

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that yes we are open for business. We actually just purchased a new 10 acre farm near the beautiful Oregon Garden. We are in the process of developing a display / test garden here and also a retail location. I will be posting some pics to the website soon.

I'm sorry that I missed your call and e-mail. I did suffer an injury earlier this year (broken leg) and has put us behind schedule. I am now up (on crutches) and we are shipping spring orders. Please feel free to contact us again at TinyTnursery@aol.com and we will try to respond quickly this time.

Thanks a lot,

Troy

Positive Wassercom
Northbrook, IL
November 25, 2007
I ordered some dwarf junipers (J communis compressa) from Tiny Treasures last spring. It's not possible to order directly from their Web site, but the owner (Troy) called my within minutes of placing my request. I was very pleased with the size and quality of the specimens that arrived, and the price was right.

Six months later, the junipers are doing quite well, with only minimal burning from a summer that featured high temperatures and erratic rainfall (a dry June and July followed by August flooding).

I plan on ordering from them again this coming Spring.
Positive Gimpster
Spring Hill, FL
May 13, 2007
I've waited a while to provide feedback because I wanted to see how the plant performed for a reasonable period. It has thrived as though it never left home!

I received a Cestrum newelli 'Elegans' from Tiny Treasures Nursery a little more than a month ago, and was delighted with the size and condition of the plant, packaging, speedy shipment, and the pleasure of dealing with Troy. I'll definitely be ordering from them again, and highly recommend them to anyone who might be considering doing business with them.
Positive evansg
Kernersville, NC
October 21, 2006
My first thought after opening my shipment - "WOW I never expected plants as nice as these!!" I have done lots of mail order in the past but have never received plants this healthy or this size. Fantastic customer service, very quick shipping and careful packaging - who could ask for more. I would not hesitate to recommend Tiny Treasures. I am so thankful that I stumbled across their website; I will go back for more!
Positive sboro
Brentwood, TN
October 11, 2006
I emailed Tiny Treasures to see if larger daphnes were available than those listed in the online catalogue, and Troy responded promptly with the size available and the price. The daphnes arrived in beautiful condition and were nicely packed. I could not have asked for a better customer service experience. I will definitely order from them again!!
Positive jgunningham
Ferndale, WA
September 30, 2006
Fabulous! Unusual plants, well grown, very healthy and vigorous. Meticulous service. Packing absolutely the best I've seen in 15 years of ordering from nurseries all over the country. A+++++!!!!!
Positive jillofall
Colorado Springs, CO (Zone 5a)
July 11, 2006
I ordered 4 Ilex crenata Sky Pencil from this company and was especially pleased with their service. I talked on the phone with Troy who was very helpful. I wanted large plants, and he was able to send me the largest ones he had in stock. The plants arrived in great condition and were taller and fuller than I expected. They also shipped very quickly. I would recommend them to anyone.
Positive OHGardener
Kent, OH
May 4, 2006
I must say Tiny Treasures Nursery is a treasure. Not only did I receive wonderful plants for my rock garden that I could not find locally, but the help and personal service I received was a very pleasant surprise. You can bet I will check with Tiny Treasures Nursery before I purchase a plant anywhere else.