The scoop on 'The Garden Patch Grow Box'

The Garden Patch Grow Box

St. Petersburg, Florida 33731-0059 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-519-8144
Fax: 1-877-206-9860

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

» Like them on Facebook
This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive LlynW
Madison, WI
June 2, 2010
I ordered six of the Garden Patch containers after careful comparison to the Earthbox. The product has worked great so far--peas, tomatoes, broccoli, lettuce, herbs, beans, peppers, Brussels sprouts, carrots, onions are all thriving. Having the option to place the containers in various locations is terrific; however, they're not easy to move once they're planted (I used the potting mix as recommended). Not only are they heavy when filled, but there are two sections to each planter which tend to disconnect with movement. Each container holds four gallons of water, so I don't have to worry about watering every day, and the green color I bought looks nice with my house. No need for weeding or fertilizing either, because the supplied burlap covers completely protect the soil from intruders and also provides the necessary nutrients.

The containers are a little cheaper than the Earthboxes (about $35 each, including shipping, when purchased in sets) and appear to be made of high-quality plastic that will last years without fading or becoming brittle. The directions and planting guides are clear and well-illustrated. Watering is a breeze with easy hose access.

I do wish these came with wheels or some other way to move them more easily. Next year I'll probably put them on a wheeled pallet of some sort, or maybe a picnic table. I'd love to have some relatively inexpensive container holders (perhaps a wire planter stand?) that would raise the boxes up to waist level to be more accessible for all gardeners.

I highly recommend these planters, and they would be perfect for children or beginning gardeners. I feel a little guilty about not having to do much of anything to care for my plants, but the Garden Patch takes care of all the weeding and watering for me. I'll be buying more next season, and look forward to many years of delicious vegetables from these containers.
Positive mluginbuhl
Rittman, OH
May 17, 2010
I ordered two of The Grow Boxes to try this year. They arrived very timely and I have one set up with 8 pepper plants and they seem to be doing great so far. It is early in the season but I am looking forward to a great yield. The second box will have tomatoes and I ordered the staking kit and just waiting for my plants to arrive.
This company seems to be what they say they are and I will order from them again.
Positive carolyn_haack
Saint Petersburg, FL
April 29, 2009
Found one of their containers in a local nursery, and after getting it home and setting up some peppers in it, decided to order 3 more directly from their website.

Order processing and shipping were reasonably quick, and they offer a discount on 3.

As far as the containers themselves, they seem to work as advertised. Simple enough to assemble and fill the water reservoir, and a template for planting, if you're a complete beginner.

It's been hot and sunny here, and they've kept my tomatoes, peppers and eggplants from showing the least bit of wilt, which is no mean feat.

Assuming they hold up (and I have no reason to think that they won't), I'd definitely get more of these, if I can find more room.
Positive Doglet
Alpharetta, GA (Zone 7b)
May 16, 2007
I ordered the "perfect garden" container and I love it. The ordering was easy and my planter arrived very timely. It was in good condition, came with easy to follow instructions and I had it set up and ready to plant within 10 minutes. I planted two very small tomatoes in it and within a week my tiny plants were growing like crazy. Now just 3 weeks later the plants are a foot and a half tall and blooming! So far I love the planter and I'm expecting tomatoes soon. I'm sure I will order from them again.