The scoop on '5 Acre Farm Daylilies'

5 Acre Farm Daylilies

1578 County Road 300N
Tolono, Illinois 61880-9719 (United States)

Visit 5 Acre Farm Daylilies at:

This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company specializes in:

Comments:

Positive lindaisling
Viroqua, WI (Zone 4b)
June 7, 2014
Posted on March 7, 2014, updated June 7, 2014
I have been very pleased with the customer service given me by Rob. He is respectful and excited about Daylilies in a way that I thought only I was. I can't wait until the snow goes and the ground heats up so I can plant the lovely daylilies that I know Rob and his partner will send. They have so many wonderful colors, shapes and sizes to choose from that it took me quite a bit of time to narrow my list down to a do-able level! Their prices are better than competitive, they are unusually generous early in the ordering season as they give you 60% off the list prices! Thanks Rob for your time and attention.
On June 7th, 2014, lindaisling added the following:

I received my plants a couple days ago and they arrived in good condition and there were a few extra plants included! Rob has been very helpful via phone and email as he has answered my many questions. He is always friendly and cheerful. I have put the lilies in the ground after following his instructions to the letter. I will write again later and let you know how the plants survived our soil and weather (and my gardening), but I am not expecting any problems. I really encourage you to give 5 Acre Farm Daylilies a try. I do not think that you will be disappointed, in fact I think that you will be really happy with the experience. Thanks again, Rob. :)
Positive ateachr
Washington, DC
July 13, 2010
I recently purchased daylilies from 5 Acre Daylily Farm. I talked to them on two separate occasions and both Rod and Jim were very helpful and friendly. I was having trouble deciding between several daylilies. Rod was very knowledgable and gave me enough information so that I could choose a daylily that would suit my needs. The daylilies that I ordered were in great shape and there was even a bonus daylily with the order. I highly recommend the 5 Acre Daylily Farm.
Positive Bourret
West Newfield, ME
January 10, 2008
The owners of 5 Acre Daylily Farm, Rod Kroemer and Jim Wuersch, are wonderful people to deal with. They introduce daylilies that were hybridized by the late Ron Valente. The plants I received looked large, healthy and robust but perished a few weeks after planting. This was due ENTIRELY to the US Post Office's gaffe of leaving them in a hot truck for five days. Rod and Jim REPLACED EVERY DAYLILY before they even knew what the post office did. It would be great if every daylily business had the same high standards.

Lisa
Positive frans530
Rankin, IL (Zone 5a)
July 22, 2006
I went to this farm for one of my mother's hosta meetings, and it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Even though it was late in the season, all of the daylilies were goergeous, and their prices were very reasonable. The Penny Serenade I bought had gorgeous color, and was very definitive. Jim and Rod are wonderful people, and I'm sure that a lot of my future daylilies will come from them!