The scoop on 'Harmon Hill Farm'

Harmon Hill Farm

49 Ledge Road
Hudson, New Hampshire 03051 (United States)

Comments:

Positive coriaceous
ROSLINDALE, MA
June 18, 2014
This place has a superb, up-to-date collection of modern daylilies that perform well for those of us who don't live in the deep south, including the latest developments in northern rebloomers. Plants are big and well-grown. Prices are reasonable. Service is excellent---these people have integrity and show their willingness to walk the extra mile.

I have ordered three times and been very happy with my plants.

Their online catalog gives good accurate descriptions but lacks photographs. (I note that photographs are easy to find on other websites.) This may be less convenient for browsing, but it's fine if you're hunting a particular cultivar.
Positive bryana
Albany, NY
May 14, 2013
I ordered seven daylily plants - all were very good sized - tops and roots. no complaints.
Positive celestialrose
Belmont, NH (Zone 4b)
July 11, 2012
My husband and visited their farm for the first time and we were so impressed with the gardens that we went back again the next day. I was out there for hours in the hot sun with my clipboard taking notes and snapping pictures, yet the time went by fast because it was so enjoyable. They have the prettiest place imaginable, with a gazebo right in the middle of the gardens for visitors to sit and cool off. The Harmons are very personable and you feel welcome there. We went during peak and it was stunningly beautiful. I did purchase 3 plants which were dug up fresh for me and Carl even gave me a demonstration on dividing a clump. The only regret I had was that I had already placed all my daylily orders for the year and had no more garden space, because I saw dozens
of cultivars I would have snapped up right then and there.
If you live close enough to visit, it is an enjoyable day and your plants will be dug for you. We brought our lunch and enjoyed it in the gazebo. For those who must mail-order,
I can vouch for the plants being very healthy and the divisions very generous. There will be many more trips to this delightful garden in the future!
Positive Pattyw5
La Salle, IL
July 15, 2011
I live in northern Illinois, have been gardening for 20+ yrs. never mail ordered daylilies until last year. They are a step above average. This year one of last years plants was not what it should have been. I phoned them to explain and while I doubt they believed that I could have received this daylily from them a replacement came. What is unusual you ask. A week later another box arrived with a daylily and a note (obviously someone cared enough to check their fields). The note read it has come to our attention that a previously line out KANAI SENSEI was incorrectly labeled and I have sent out new correct plants to everyone that order Kanai Sensei and got one from this area. This is a place that cares what they stand for.

sincerely Pat Wallace
Positive teacher33
Belton, MO
April 28, 2011
What nice people to deal with. They even refered me to another grower when a plant I wanted was only for display. I love my bonus plants and look forward to blooming time.
Positive tigerlily1955
Manchester, NH
July 13, 2008
I live 15 miles away from the Harmon's. I have made 3 visits to their farm in the past year and have been very pleased with the daylilies.
The Harmon's are very friendly and knowledgeable people. They have a huge selection . My biggest problem is trying to decide which one's to take home!
Buy with confidence....it is worth the trip.
Pauline Haworth
Manchester, NH
Positive Bourret
West Newfield, ME
November 13, 2007
Huge, healthy daylilies with root systems down to China. Carl and Marlene Harmon are the best people to deal with in the daylily world. I wish all sellers had their integrity. They also give wonderful bonus plants!

Positive clumboy
August 9, 2007
Quick communication, rapid shipment. The plants sent were beautiful--clean and very generous sized. Scaped plants were so carefully packed that the scapes arrived intact. Root systems were exceptional. Very nice bonus as well, that had been thoughtfully chosen. An exellent experience all around. I would recommend this seller wholeheartedly.