The scoop on 'A Sandy Rhododendron'

A Sandy Rhododendron

41610 SE Coalman Rd
Sandy, Oregon 97055 (United States)

Comments:

Positive lbrownie
West Newbury, MA
April 21, 2005
I don't usually voice my opinion on a company in writing unless I find something to be unsatisfactory, as I feel good service should be expected.

I do feel however, that the service and products I received from A Sandy Rhododendron was truly outstanding.

I ordered on line and found the process to be fast, easy, and efficient. I receved order confirmation and an order number immediately. I also was e-mailed when my order was shipped.

The 30 plants I ordered arrived healthy and happy- and the plants were larger than I had anticipated for price. All were planted and are doing well.

I did have a planting question and left a voice mail with the toll free number found on all correspondance. I received a call back in a timely manner, with a very pleasant and informative answer to my question.

I found this purchase to be worth every penny.
Positive sanity101
Dublin, OH (Zone 5b)
April 17, 2005
I contemplated for a while whether this should be Positive or neutural. Edged over to positive because the quality and value of the plants was such that I would definetly order from them again despite the hassle.

Ordered 4 plants in december to be delivered in march. They charged my card then, which I didn't have a problem with, as they *were* holding merchandise for me.
Plants were not delivered on time, an email was answered promptly (though phone only got an answering machine at various times of day). email stated politely that the order had been filed under april instead of march (again, understandable mistake for what seems to be a small company) They agreed to hold them a few more days so they wouldn't arrive while I was on vacation. Gave me a new ship date and said I'd get an email with the tracking number when they shipped. Generally professional and courteous
However, I never got the email saying they'd shipped. They did arrive roughly on time for the second ship date, just, no email, which would have been reassuring. Despite the two problems, all-in-all it wasn't a bad experience, just a little nerve-wracking at times.

The plants do make up for it though. I would not have believed you could put a living thing through the postal system and have it come out in this good of a condition before recieving these plants. All looked exceedingly healthy, no wilted leaves or anything. About a gallon's worth of roots (in mulch, wrapped in plastic), and a very respectable size. The example yearling photo acctually appears significantly smaller than what I recieved (though mine were spring, not fall sizes, as she mentions).

Overall, excellent plants and pricing, acceptable service.
On October 15th, 2005, sanity101 added the following:

Rating should be upgraded to 'extremely positive'. They handled the replacement of a plant which I admitted I'd killed (it arrived and did fine until we tried to re-transplant it mid-summer...whoops). Service exceeded any expectations.
Highly Recomended
Positive ameliawr
Montauk, NY
April 14, 2005
Wow! I just received my order of three rhododendrons via Fedex Ground and I could not possibly be more thrilled. All three are *much* bigger than I expected for two year old plants, in wonderful condition, and all three are blooming.

These are truly gorgeous specimens at incredible prices. For me to purchase plants of this size and condition locally, they would cost a good $40.00 each. I got all three of these plants for about that price. I will definitely order from A Sandy Rhododendron again.
Positive msanjelpie
Meridian, ID
June 17, 2004
Ordered 4 rhodies. All arrived in tip top shape. Was refunded the price of one of the plants since it had received 'winter damage' and had to be pruned back. (which means no flowers this year)

The other 3 bloomed, they are gorgeous, (especially purple splendour!!!) and I'm a happy camper. would order from again...

DECOBUG
Positive jmhewitt
Hampstead, NC (Zone 8a)
November 30, 2003
plants arrived quickly, nice packaging, nicely labeled, looked good.
On March 26th, 2004, jmhewitt added the following:

got a second order this spring of much bigger plants. they were all packed well and arrived by Fedex Ground (which I prefer). the plants were lovely and they ALL had at least some flower buds. one was actually in flower and the others look like they will flower soon.

I highly recommend this provider for anyone looking for rhododendrons.

now it remains to be seen if they will grow near Wilmington NC. cannot find any established plantings, and don't know if that means the natives just like azaleas, or if nobody has really tried a range of rhodos.