The scoop on 'Chief River Nursery'

Chief River Nursery

W8869 River Road
Ojibwa, Wisconsin 54862 (United States)

Phone: 800-367-9254
Fax: 800 266-5204

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive Amos518
Calhan, CO
May 2, 2014
I have ordered trees from numerous nurseries this year from all over the United States and I have to say the trees I received from Chief River Nursery were absolutely the best than any other nursery. My trees as well were bigger than the ones I ordered, they came in a very fast time and the way they were packaged was outstanding. They continue doing very well. The trees all have very nice candles on them and I'm impressed with the new growth that they have. You can tell by their product that they care about their trees it's not just about the money. I also called in about when my trees would be shipped and they said the end of April. I had many more trees coming to get planted so I asked to have them shipped by the 21st of April and they did just that. I highly recommend Chief River Nursery. You pay a little more for the trees but at least you won't be ending up with dead trees.
Positive mylonas
Shoreview, MN
May 22, 2013
I ordered several varieties of trees which I could not find locally in Minnesota. They arrived a few weeks later packaged in good condition. They were unable to fulfill one of my requests and sent me a refund check. So far the trees look good and I am happy with them.
Neutral sandpoms
Holmen, WI
April 11, 2010
Posted on April 10, 2010, updated April 11, 2010
I placed 2 orders in Febuary. Was charged right away. In early the beginning of April I asked the company to send my plants asap so I could plant them. I was told I would get them "sometime" at the end of April. Today April 10th I asked that my orders be cancelled. I was then told there would be a 25% charge to cancel. I did not agree to this when I made the purchase nor can I find reference to it on their website. I think its is awful to charge my credit card before my order is shipped and totally bad business and illegal to try and charge a 25% fee that I did not agree to, my order was $201 so they want to charge me $50 to cancel an unshipped order. What a ripoff!
On April 11th, 2010, sandpoms changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

The vendor now says he will refund my money in full and not charge a cancel fee. He was not nice about it to say the least. But, at least I no longer feel ripped off. I ordered directly off their main webpage and it does not say anything about a 25% cancel fee, although the vendor says it states so in their catalog...which i did not use.
Positive onhill
Viborg, SD
April 30, 2009
What a breath of freash air, I ordered 20 White Spruce, 20 Eastern Red Ceder and 2 American Hazelnut trees from Chief River. The trees arrived at the perfect planting time for our area, they were well packed and in excellent condition. The trees were as big or bigger than the size I ordered and well branched. I have been mail ordering trees and bushes for over 25 years and this was by far my best exsperience.