The scoop on 'Avalon Acres Hostas and More'

Avalon Acres Hostas and More

11125 E. 1125th Ave.
Effingham, Illinois 62401 (United States)

Visit Avalon Acres Hostas and More at:

Comments:

Positive Batcrash
Peoria, IL (Zone 5a)
July 18, 2013
I ordered 4 Hosta on July 13 and they arrived today July 18 via Priority Mail. Their website clearly states they only ship on Mondays to ensure your plants are sitting on a dock over a weekend. On Sunday I got a personal and friendly email stating the plants would ship Monday.

The Hostas arrived with roots still damp and leaves not wilted. Each plant has several leaves and a good amount of roots. Two of the larger plants did have one leaf each slightly damaged, however with how large the clumps are I'm not worried. I was also very happy to see a surprise when I opened the package! An extra Hosta made it into my shipment.

If you are looking for Hostas, this is a great place to start your search. They have a very large selection to choose from and reasonable prices. I will definitely buy from them again.
Positive woodthrush
Albrightsville, PA (Zone 4a)
August 1, 2008
Great to do business with. Nice size plants, great packing and fast service.
Positive zafo
Saint Louis, MO
May 11, 2008
I was really surprised with the size and roots of the hosta I ordered. They were all large and healthy and in great condition. I am really happy with the order I received and I even went back to their website to order a few more on my wishlist. Great prices, great size. Can't go wrong!
Positive tsbccowboy
Saint Paul, MN
April 26, 2007
My first order with Avalon Acres was a good experience. Communications, Hostas and packaging all met my expectations, with a bonus Hosta, too. Thank You for the nice Hostas.
On September 4th, 2008, tsbccowboy added the following:

Very happy with the latest order! Thank You very much.
Positive frans530
Rankin, IL (Zone 5a)
July 3, 2006
We stopped in Avalon Acres while traveling. What a lovely setting. Dennis, the owner was very knowledgable and even shared an eye, from his personal collection, of a Hosta I had been looking for. All his Hosta look healthy and strong.
I will definitly go back and will mail order from him also.
Positive LazyJean
Omaha, NE
May 3, 2006
I received my first order from Avalon Acres today and I am very happy with the hostas they shipped. The customer service was fine, good communication, and the plants were packaged very well. They included a bonus plant that was incredible also! I will do business with these folks again.