The scoop on 'Amanda's Garden'

Amanda's Garden

Amanda's Garden has 88 products listed in PlantScout.

8410 Harpers Ferry Rd
Springwater, New York 14560-9756 (United States)

Comments:

Positive piano10
Boston, MA
April 23, 2013
I placed my first order with Amanda's Garden this spring, and I am super-impressed! The 10 bareroot plants arrived healthy and carefully packaged with just the right amount of moisture. I potted them up in nursery pots, and in barely two weeks, they have completely taken off. The growth is strong and vigorous. I will definitely order again in the future.
Positive nikkor
Pittsford, NY
June 12, 2010
Bought several native plants from her this April. Ellen gave me a lovely tour of her grounds, and lots of excellent advice about what plants would do well where.

All the plants are doing great now 2 months later in the wooded area by a creek, except for the canada lily, which got chomped by deer (the plant is still growing, but the flower is gone). The Jeffersonia Diphylla had flowered and I just noticed today that it has new growth, and the seeds in the unusual little seed capsule are maturing. Hoping it spreads!
Positive yippee1999
(Zone 6b)
May 23, 2008
I ordered 5 different plants and they all were in beautiful condition! I would definitely order from them again.
Positive Jsorens
Buffalo, NY (Zone 6a)
May 12, 2008
I picked up a number of woodland wildflowers, mostly spring ephemerals, from Amanda's Garden in April 2008 and planted them immediately. Except for the two that were dug up by curious squirrels, they have all grown into sturdy, healthy plants, and most of them have bloomed (the squirrel corn plants, which apparently fairly young, haven't bloomed yet). Highly recommended!
Positive JimEngel
Geneva, NY
November 23, 2004
I have ordered native wildflowers from Amanda's Garden for two landscape installations. First it is difficult finding native plant nurseries at all. It is rewarding being able to find and use these native wildflowers in my landscape installations. The plants are well developed with good root systems, so if you can buy the plants potted you are certain of getting vigorous growing plants. Amanda's Garden offers species that you will not find at most other nurseries. The owner Ellen Folts is very knowledgeable and propagates all of her plants from seed or division. She has even developed her own propagating technicues for some difficult species.
I recommend using these wildlflowers in your backyard and landscapes.