The scoop on 'Maple Valley Orchards'

Maple Valley Orchards

11541 Claywood Road
Gillett, Wisconsin 54124 (United States)

Visit Maple Valley Orchards at:

Comments:

Positive cincihort
Cincinnati, OH
April 25, 2014
I ordered scionwood this spring in order for horticulture students to graft their own apple trees. The owners of Maple Valley Orchards were pleasant to work with, and the scionwood arrived promptly and in great shape. My students were thrilled with the wide cultivar selection. I would definitely order from Maple Valley again.
Positive allenjc41
Spokane, WA
September 8, 2013
My scions arrived in good condition and my grafts were successful, even though I hadn't grafted for 20 years.

Positive on the scions, but the office seemed a bit backwards even by pre-computer standards. There should be a file system in place where your orders can be found quickly when calling in that regard, rather than listening 5 minutes to someone shuffling papers. Other then that problem I would still order from them again.
Positive BiffLundgren
Midland, MI
May 23, 2013
I ordered 2 bench grafted apple trees and one Connell Red. My two bench grafted trees are doing rather well too. I'll be looking to get a Kidd's Orange Red from them next year.
Positive augenwink
Spokane, WA
May 1, 2012
EXCELLENT experience. Ordered apple trees (3) and all arrived looking good and on time. Lots of live buds full length of stems; good grafts and straight lines. Tony has figured out how to make this complex business doable as a one-person operation; he has his rules and schedules. The end results are good trees and helpful customer service. I plan to order a few more heirlooms as they become available. Thanks Tony
Positive daisygraham
Rush, CO
April 30, 2012
Last year I ordered one each of seven hard-to-find varieties of apple trees, and I'm happy to report they're doing well. Given the climate and soil where I live, that's an accomplishment. When I called last spring, Tony talked with me for some time, understanding the growing conditions and making recommendations. I'm currently working on a new order, and plan to keep adding more Maple Valley trees for a few more years. I think they're great! Thank you, Tony!
Negative jiml11
Luxemburg, WI
March 23, 2012
I have a small orchard of 20 fruit trees. Last year I ordered 2 apple trees to replace 2 old trees that the wind blew over. One was in very nice shape, the other had one little branch coming out at an odd angle. I talked to Tony and he said he probably did ship a "not so good tree". I now have to fool around with special staking and "try" to get a good tree that might turn out. I am very disappointed!!
Positive oswald
Wausaukee, WI
April 18, 2011
The condition of the trees received few days ago was superior. The root system extensive, healthy, all buds intact, calipher and height of the trees more than appropriate. And what a selection of varieties! Highly recommended.
Positive price403
Ivydale, WV
April 7, 2011
I have ordered scion wood from them the last two years. I have always gotten everything I have ordered. 10 varieties last year and 15 varieties this year. All scion wood has arrived in excellent condition and it has taken every time I grafted it. They have a huge assortment of old and newer varieties. I am very happy with this company and hope they stay in business for many years to come.
Positive BOBSTOCKI
Nordeast,Minneapolis, MN (Zone 4a)
July 6, 2008
I ordered 3 trees from them they arrived well packed and in great shape. planted them and they took right away. I highly recommand them!! Great communication.Never had any problem. Will be buying from again soon. THANKS
Positive gg123456
Brooklyn, NY
May 30, 2008
I ordered 4 apple scions which arrived promptly and well packaged. all 4 of the scions took, and a couple of them even blossomed. so i may even get apples from them in my first year. either way, will definitly order from them again. their communication is somewhat lacking though. several emails went unanswered.
Positive weavrm
Anchorage, AK
April 4, 2008
I also have ordered apple scionwood from Maple Valley, and received high quality scions in excellent condition. This spring was my second order. Like the first, it arrived, carefully packaged, toward the end of March, still dormant (a most important consideration, more important than timing, especially at my end of the continent !) and of generous size and full vigor. I would also like to note that in both orders I received every variety I ordered--which in my experience is a bit unusual. This is an A+ supplier in my book, and I recommend highly.
Positive VirginiaHokie
Wytheville, VA
April 26, 2007
I ordered over 30 varieties of apple scionwood. Received them well-packaged, and in good condition. They added a few just for good measure. My only negative comment is that they arrived late for grafting, by local standards, [3rd week of March vs. late February]. Consider this to be a very pleasant experience, and I will order many more times from this company.
Positive northeastwisc
Northeastern, WI (Zone 4a)
October 2, 2006
I have purchased fresh apples, plums and pears from Maple Valley Orchards on several occasions. The quality and variety are excellent. The number of apple varieties that are available is remarkable.

I have also been very pleased with the bare root fruit trees that I have purchased over the past few years.

This is not a typical commercial orchard aimed at mass production of common apples. The owners are a husband and wife team that do most of the work themselves. They take great pride in producing many rare and hard to find varieties. We were actually able to setup an apple tasting for our local gardening organization with over 40 varieties of apples; none of which were available in the local grocery store.

This place is worth a special trip just to sample all of the speciality apples that they have. I don't think you could find many of them anywhere else in Wisconsin.