The scoop on 'Fairview Hatchery'

Fairview Hatchery

580 W
Remington, Indiana 47977 (United States)

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Editor's Comment:
Closed As of December 2006, the website is no longer working, and users report the phone is disconnected and the building appears to be vacant. If anyone has a different status update on Fairview Nursery, please contact the Garden Watchdog editors.

No positives

Comments:

Negative Drchik
January 24, 2007
I ordered and paid for a two varieties of chickens and 25 blue guineas. I received most of the chicken orders, missing the rooster that were especially ordered. In addition, the blue guineas never arrived, AND they took my money. Over several hundred dollars. I lost contact with them over this issue by July 2006. I would be interested to learn if these people try to start up anywhere else.
Neutral diane_jacky
Baldwin Park, CA
January 15, 2007
I am the artist whose images are being used on Fairview's website. I had attempted to contact Neal about resumption of licensing of those images for the site but have not heard back regarding this. I had dealt with him in good faith for a couple of years and had no idea there was a problem until I tried to use the contact email on the site...there is no link so I assume it is dead. The ones I had sent personally from our previous contacts did not bounce back so I wondered what had happened.

Using a search for Fairview, there was a link to this site and I was very surprized to see that the site is apparently closed, though the links to my images do work.

I do not want anyone to think that I condone what seems to be going on here but am concerned as people DO see my images and want them to know that other than the fact that the company had once licensed them, I have nothing else to do with the company itself

Diane Jacky
Neutral klorentz
Bryan, OH
January 9, 2007
Just a note to tell you all their web site is up and running. I saw this review and was concerned honest folks where getting ripped off. The full site is indeed running so I would try to contact them again and also contact the bbb. hope this helps.

Kevin
On January 9th, 2007, klorentz added the following:

Just running through their site and some of the page links are not working but others where you can order are. What concerns me is if others are being ripped off. Something is up if their site is still up with the ability to oder still there.
Negative memac44
Girard, KS
December 31, 2006
I ordered an incubator way back in June of this year and about three weeks later they sent me a confirmation email saying they had recieved my order. Unfortunately, I sent a money order, and in good faith I waited the 3-6 weeks for shipping and processing. I then started calling and emailing the company, with no response. They owe me $57! Now the phone numbers are no longer in service and the website doesn't exist anymore. When I tried to have my money order traced, it could not be found. I am going to contact the authorities in Remington and see if they can tell me anything.

On January 8th, 2007, memac44 added the following:

Hey everyone, guess what, I checked with the Jasper county, IN sheriff's department and Fairview Hatchery is no longer in business. The buildings are empty and doors are locked. Now What?
Negative lngneckbtl
Blairstown, NJ
August 16, 2006
Same thing happend to me I ordered some birds in the beggining of july for delivery at the end of the month. I have been calling and emailing them to find out what happened and no response. I checked with my bank and they did charge my account. The bank says in order to dispute it I have to go in and file a claim. I will not do business with fairview hatchery again. to bad I don't think the threat will do any good.
Negative ggraham798
Cordova, AK
July 26, 2006
Fairview Hatchery took my order and my money ($93.55) on 7/2/06. After 3 weeks, three e-mail inquiries, two phone calls that I was only able to talk to a message machine on, and one faxed message, I have still heard nothing. I even tried to call the order line and got a message that the machine was full and it hung up on me. Finally resorted to disputing credit card charge and refund through my bank. Have they closed? Have they gone bankrupt? Your guess is as good as mine, but if they are still in business, they won't be for long if they continue to conduct business this way.