The scoop on 'Red Hill General Store'

Red Hill General Store

21 Oak Knoll Drive
Hillsville, Virginia 24343 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-251-8824

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Positive aide_gardner
Itta Bena, MS
United States
June 16, 2011
I needed a small hanging scale that could weight up to 50 lbs. I found one at Red Hill General Store's Web site. It was exactly what I was looking for. I ordered this item online; Red Hill's checkout process was easy. I received an email confirming that I'd placed the order and my item was shipped out 2 days later and I received another email with the tracking #. 3 days later I came home from work and my package was waiting for me. The scale was exactly as described on their site. I really liked that unlike other store sites, Red Hill didn't keep throwing screens up at me saying "other customers who bought this also purchased..." etc. It was just a simple straight forward sale with no gimmicks or desperate attempts to get me to purchase anything else. Great company in my book.
Positive kendallP
Abbeville, AL
June 13, 2011
I purchased some parts for my Mirro Canner from this store. They were very helpful in helping me find where my model number on my canner was located and made sure that I ordered the correct parts. I'm so happy to have my canner back up and running so quickly!
Positive cecillekarry
Castell, TX
May 13, 2011
I purchased an Earthway Garden Seeder from this store. I called in to place the order. The lady in customer service was very helpful and answered all my questions and helped me pick out the seed plates that I would need to go with the seeder. I received my order fairly quick and the seeder itself has worked wonderfully thus far. Definitely a company that I will shop with again.
Positive edc96
Max Meadows, VA
September 15, 2010
I ordered a five gallon crock on Sept. 1 and the item showed to be on backorder but I placed the order anyway. My credit card was never charged until the day the order shipped. I called to check on the order and was told the exact date the item was expected to be back in stock and sure enough I received a tracking number on the same day I was told I would. The rep. was very friendly and I had a great experience. I will buy from them again!
Negative Nasrat
Lafayette, LA
September 8, 2010
I am very disappointed in this business.
I ordered 5 gal crock pot through their internet site. I need to say their item was priced lower than anywhere else. After giving them my info I received the receipt.
After 5 days of waiting for the item, or tracking number I became curious and call the number to find out that they were out of this item for several weeks and will not receive new pieces for at least 6-8 weeks.
WOW......
My assumption here would be..there is no reason to advertise at lower prices if you can't deliver!!! So I am passing my word to future customers: think twice if price is really that important to you..
Positive leo3
Ellsworth, MI
May 7, 2010
Redhill general store is the embodiment of true integrity, courtesy, and prompt service! What a great bunch of people, they treated me like family. America needs more businesses like this one.

I ordered the Earthway 2170/PRO seed spreader with a hundred pound capacity on line for about $180.00(which was the lowest price I found), then found out it was slightly backordered, and upon explaining the ants biting my twenty month old son, and the soon arriving guests planning to tent on top of the acre wide anthill, the manager quickly approved a drop shipment of a C24HD with a 100 pound capacity worth $400.00 at the same price and promised a 4 day delivery, then got it to me in three. They bent over backwards and took an almost $200.00 loss, and delivered early. How can anyone possibly ask for more?

I highly trust this company, and canít wait to do more business with them in the future!
I will not only give them my business, but I am also going to refer them to family, friends, and colleagues.

Sincerely
Very happy customer, MI

Negative eussoob
Littleton, CO
February 28, 2009
I ordered from Red Hill general store on 2/20/2009. I tried to contact them on 2/26/2009 to find out why I had not received a shipping confirmation. Their direct dial number provide with the order confirmation disconnected you if you pressed one to place an order, or two to ring customer service. There 800 number was busy all day. I finally sent an email and they shipped out my order that night. Six full days after I placed it... It was already supposed to be delivered to my house according to their shipping site. They did not give me a chance to cancel, or refund my 25 dollar shipping charge, or ship it overnight or 2 day. They just shipped it regular ground. No apology, no customer service. Please do not order from Red Hill General Store.
Positive ceresone
Willow Springs, MO (Zone 6b)
May 26, 2007
I've ordered from them several times this year already, service was prompt, merchandise recieved in excellent condition.
They have also answered any questions fast, I'll definetly order again.