The scoop on 'Meehan's Miniatures'

Meehan's Miniatures

4925 Woodstock Lane
Rohrersville, Maryland 21779 (United States)

Visit Meehan's Miniatures at:

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive BonsaiDaniel
Falls Church, VA
February 15, 2012
I have purchased seedlings and trees from Meehan's Miniatures several times. May of 2009, 2010 and 2011 at the National Arboretum when they come for the Bonsai Show, in July 2011 when Martha Meehan came to the Northern Virginia Bonsai Society to make a presentation about tropical bonsai trees (she was impressive) and in person in June 2011 at the nursery.

I have never been disappointed with my purchases and always received expert advice, they have great bonsai stock for the beginner to the advanced bonsai enthusiast.
Positive Mage973
Sylvania, OH
June 29, 2011
Posted on May 17, 2011, updated June 29, 2011
I recommend Meehan's Miniatures for bonsai starters. All of my emails were answered within a few hours and I could quickly verify the trees were in stock without using telepho e/long distance. My credit card was not charged until the items shipped, another plus in case of changes or additions. They were a wee bit sluggish on getting it shipped but I received beautiful healthy bonsai starter trees at great prices! I'm a little disappointed that the dwarf cherries were not the teenie genie variety but my fault for not asking.

pros-
shipping @ 7.95
healthy trees
great prices for bonsai starters and pots
quick email communication
website/cart easy to use
card not charged until items shipped
easy to find out if item is in stock

cons-
-minimum order $25 ..if your order is less than $25 they add $5.
-site says order will ship within 2 weeks...a little slow

I didn't purchase finished bonsai, which start at $24.95, but I recommend Meehan's Miniatures as a good place to buy bonsai starters and I will definitely order again!
On June 29th, 2011, Mage973 added the following:

update 6/29/11 No complaints here, the good things you read are true. Meehan's Miniatures is a great online source for healthy starters and supplies. Items were ordered Friday, shipped on Monday, received on Wednesday at a good price! Perfectly healthy trees and 1 pot were all well packed and undamaged. Quick shipping, communication, careful packing and healthy products are exactly as described. No complaints here, the good things you read are true. Meehan's Miniatures is a great online source for healthy starters and supplies.
Positive skaukatt
Middle Village, NY (Zone 7a)
July 16, 2010
I just received an order of 4 pre-bonsai from Meehan's Miniuatures and I cannot say enough about the care and consideration at which I was treated and how carefully the plants were packaged and shipped. A++++ rating.

I highly recommend them.

Lou, NY
Positive esteve59
Annapolis, MD
February 10, 2008
I just discovered this company right in my own back yard..(well about 1.5 hour drive)...a full wholesale AND RETAIL nursery dedicated to bonsai plants with small town customer service.Hugh (the owner) spent virtually the whole 2 hours I was there with me answering all my questions and making suggestions .They have a huge selection from seedlings to mature bonsai.
I highly recommend them...
Steve B.
Annapolis,Maryland
Positive krijsta
North Ridgeville, OH
July 29, 2007
Wonderful company to deal with, my bonsai starters arrived in expert condition the next day hydrated and packed with love. Martha offered caring customer service and took her time answering my questions. I corresponded with her a few times via email and she answered promptly. I would recommend them to anyone without question.
Positive WaterCan2
Eastern Long Island, NY (Zone 7a)
April 3, 2007
I ordered four trees from this company. All are in excellent health. I look forward to ordering from them again and I give them my highest recommendation.
Positive bella_maxx
Westminster, MD
August 8, 2006
Excellent plants, owners were very informative and didn't laugh at my stupid questions!