The scoop on 'Roycroft Daylily Nursery'

Roycroft Daylily Nursery

942 Whitehall Ave
Georgetown, South Carolina 29440-4482 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-950-5459

Comments:

Positive TammyY
Knoxville, TN
September 13, 2013
Really nice healthy fans with a good fall discount. I like the fact that they offer their seedlings available for sale as well. I would definitley buy from them again!
Positive iowhen
Iowa City, IA (Zone 5a)
August 1, 2013
Roycroft sent beautiful, strong fans. More than I ordered. Plus gifts. They diligently tried to reach me to ask for a substitute for something that they had run out of. I love their selection and their customer service is grand. I'm not sure it gets any better than this.
Neutral Scepter72
Casco, MI (Zone 5a)
April 23, 2012
Wasn't too impressed with the size of the fans. Very small compared to other companies I have ordered from. Not sure I would order from Roycroft again.
Positive ibewgirl
Wilmington, DE
May 21, 2010
Posted on April 8, 2010, updated May 21, 2010
Awesome customer service, gorgeous cultivars, and great sale. I'm having a new vole problem but had purchased these to donate for a memorial bed. I'm going out of town and this order's ship date was moved up for me which was very kind and helpful. I love that bonus plants were included, which I think are mismarked as I can't find reference to them, but no complaints here. I'm sure they will be a gorgeous surprise. There were 3 that I kept to see if I can try my hand at hybridizing, and I am hoping the pesky voles don't get to the roots. I just may have to get a cat.
On May 21st, 2010, ibewgirl added the following:

Edited to add I received a 2nd order in great shape and love the bonus plant.
Positive irishrose7
Independence, MO
August 10, 2008
I have ordered from Roycroft Daylilies for many years. Their website is amazingly easy to navigate and my plants have all arrived in great condition. The quality of plants and service bring me back to them time after time.
Positive Hanks_Mom
Sherman, IL
May 7, 2007
I have ordered from this company for 3 years. They have a fantastic selection of daylilies that are always first quality and at a great price. Love the search function on the website that allows you to select daylilies by color, size, fragrance, price, etc.
Positive Crittle
Granby, MA
July 23, 2006
Wonderful!!! Last fall I purchased 25 of the healthiest daylilies that have produced, in abundance, the most incredible blooms this summer. I also received a very generous selection of BONUS plants. Everything, from their website to their careful packaging, quick shipment and quality of the plants, far exceeded my expectations. I will definitely be making a second purchase from them for this fall.
Positive toy747
South Florida, FL (Zone 10b)
May 15, 2006
I have ordered from Roycroft twice and both times plants arrived within a few days in excellent condition. Will definitely order from them again.
Positive jackianne
Mission Viejo, CA
March 9, 2006
The plants I ordered arrived quickly and had root systems that were very large and healthy-looking. In addition, one costly plant I ordered was upgraded to a double fan, and the bonus plant I received was a beautiful cultivar of greater value than two of the others I ordered. An overall good experience with Roycroft; I would be happy to buy from them again.
Positive coo_sasuke
Osaka
Japan (Zone 9b)
March 12, 2005
Excellent customer service!! In December, I placed my order and requested late March shipping. In late February, I e-mailed Roycroft asking them to ship my order earlier. Bob Roycroft replied next day and promised to ship my order on March 8. They shipped my plants on the exact date they promised, and the plants arrived in good condition. All the plants were large and had healthy roots. I also received two large bonus plants. Roycroft probably has the best online catalog, and you can order online from anywhere in the world. I highly recommend this company to daylily fanciers from all around the world.
Positive neodana
Indian Trail, NC
March 1, 2005
I have visited Roycroft and if you ever want to see something you olny see once in a lifetime go to Roycroft in June. There are the catolg listings and test beds that will blow your mind.
Everthing I have purchased from them is non stop georgeous.

Dana
Positive SciFiFan42
Grand Prairie, TX
September 22, 2004
An absolutely excellent experience! My order of three single fan daylilies arrived on time in perfect condition. The plants were extraordinarily healthy, and the "single fan" seemed to be at least two on each of the three daylilies.

I also appreciated the free plant stake name tags included with my order. Roycroft has excellent prices, an unbeatable selection and, most importantly, healthy plants. I couldn't ask for more and I couldn't be more pleased. :)
Positive dogmomky
Owensboro, KY
June 6, 2004
I first found Roycroft on line and was extremly impressed by the vast variety of plants they offer. I had a hard time choosing from such a wide inventory but when my order arrived I was thrilled! My plants were huge. The 1 fan I ordered was really 2. All my plants were heathly and are happily growing in my backyard. Several have bloomed and the colors were true to the catalog. Also this company was very quick to answer any question I had. I'll definitly order from them again in the future!
Positive rosefan
Winchester MA
United States
July 25, 2003
I had an excellent experience with my first order. The daylilies were all in excellent shape, and arrived promptly, well packaged. Communication was impersonal but adequate. They also shipped several "gift" daylilies, which are terrific. I'll definitely use them again.
Positive deusse
Oakland, CA
June 25, 2003
I ordered from roycroft late last year. All the daylilies are doing well, sending up scapes, and many of them have spread and sent up new fans, despite some rough handling on my part (planted on a hot day and due to drought, probably didn't water enough.) Everything i received was way bigger than i expected, and healthy, well packed and well prepared. I just placed another order this year, late again, but i know they'll come out okay!

Great going, Roycroft!
On June 28th, 2003, deusse added the following:

i just received my order, and i was amazed. their "two fans" were more like three fans, and in one case, four. all healthy with great roots.
thanks again!
Positive ownedbycats
Southern, NH (Zone 5b)
June 1, 2003
Daylilies were shipped 5/13, arrived 5/15, planted 5/16. I received a nice double fan bonus. All fans were big with nice root systems. I noticed yesterday (5/31) 4 of the 8 daylilies I received were sending up scapes! (I'm in NH - so these are the first of the year)

Positive blooms
Norman, OK
July 29, 2002
I have ordered from Roycroft's every year for the past 8 years and have always received large, healthy plants with excellent customer service. Highly recommend this grower.
Positive Laramie
July 2, 2002
Found nursery online. Called and received beautiful catalog. Ordered several daylilies which were quickly delivered. Healthy, large fans and nice bonuses. Will definitely order from Roycroft again.
Positive IndaShade
Kylertown, PA (Zone 5b)
December 31, 2001
Ordered from Roycroft several times in 2001. Very fast shipping, nice sized fans and bonuses. Prices are comparable with everyone else. Would not hestitate to order daylilies from Roycroft again.
Positive jimpolitowski
February 1, 2001
I received a shipment of daylilies (Fall 99) in excellent condition both in the size/health of the plants and the shipping itself. I had separate reasons for individual correspondence and found Bob to be both courteous and friendly.
Positive peaberry24
July 1, 2000
I have ordered daylilies from Roycroft several times and have found the plants to be as advertised, carefully packed and shipped at appropriate times. So far, no problems with Roycroft.
Positive marshawaite
Medford, OR
April 1, 2000
I have ordered daylilies from Roycroft Daylily Nursery for the past 3 years and I have received excellent looking plants with that "just been dug" look to their roots. I live clear across the U.S. from Roycroft's and the plants came in good condition with great looking root systems. The staff has always been very kind and courteous and the prices for the plants have been really good, plus I've received very nice bonuses.