The scoop on 'Air Plant City'

Air Plant City

201 Taylor, Apt. #2
Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920 (United States)

Comments:

Positive glennsgirl54
Cocoa Beach, FL
September 10, 2013
Posted on October 7, 2012, updated September 10, 2013
I found this company on Google maps and thought they were a store close to me. I called and discovered they were a online site only but the owner invited me to come anyway. I was able to select and purchase right on the spot. I was also told that I could order anytime and come get them at my convenience. I loved the customer service. The plants were great and with the visit I got a couple extra plants thrown in for free. Great Christmas gift ideas and they even carry the glass globe terrariums. Very Very satisfied!
On September 10th, 2013, glennsgirl54 added the following:

Wow, after almost a year, I can say that this company never fails. I have sent gifts for birthdays, Mother's day, anniversarys and Easter. Never a delay, nor a problem with unhappy recipients. I tried other air plant sites and Air Plant City has larger and nicer plants. Expect a "wow" when you open your box.

The next best thing is the phone; it gets answered and the owner is always so happy to help.

Thanks Cathy and Air Plant City for making my gift giving so easy!
Positive cjrichardfl
Rockledge, FL
July 17, 2013
I have ordered from Air Plant City several times and have always had a good experience. Cathy is always friendly but professional and service was alway prompt. I love the plants! They arrive healthy and Cathy's information on caring for the individual plants is always spot on. If I find a plant isn't growing or performing as expected Cathy has helped me out to determine what is wrong and how to fix it. I would recommend Air Plant City to anyone looking to get healthy plants and wanting to start or expand their Tillandsia collection.
Positive magicmac
Crown Heights, NY
September 23, 2012
Things I like: 1. They answer the phone. Had a long conversation and had all my questions answered.2.They helped me place the order online. 3.The plants were very healthy and larger, nicer than I had obtained in the past. 4. They have a FB page where I can leave notes and ask questions.5. They have excellent care instruction.

Things didn't like: They don't label the plants but do provide a list with some description. 2. They don't require signature on the box from the post office and the post office left it at my door.

I intend to order again. Very Pleased. Dave M.
Positive ddgrajek
GERTON, NC
November 23, 2011
I have been dealing with Cathy and Airplant City since 2005! I have found her to be very helpful and professional. She has shown a genuine concern for not only prompt shipping but also for the quality of the plants and their condition. I would highly recommend Airplant City for beautiful plants and decorative ideas!! Thank You Cathy for your insights and help!!
Positive popppie
Parkville, MD
July 20, 2010
i am very happy with my new plants. not only were they shipped fast (with in a few days) there were extras and they bloomed! I LOVE THEM. i will definitely be back
Negative quwicken
Calgary
Canada
August 15, 2009
I ordered my plants around the end of May. After Talking with Cathy she assured me she could ship to canada but I had to place a minimum order, which I did, and I had no problem with that as I needed several plants. begining of june I got the confirmation from USPS that it was being shipped. 10 days later a I get an e-mail from Cathy saying it had been returned she had no idea why. she was soaking the plants and would see if she could try and ship them again. That was the last I heard from her. I waited 3 weeks then contacted her again, asking for a refund. She was not happy saying she had had a death in the family etc. she would deal with the matter the following monday. again silence, it is now mid august and no response from Cathy and no plant and no refund. So I have e-mailed her one last time asking for a refund , and waiting to see if she will comply. I am so disapointed as I have no idea where else I can get these plants from. Either way I will not deal with her now.
Negative lstt143
Calgary
Canada
June 15, 2009
I too ordered from Air plant City and after a week, I was given a refund. Note that there was no communication prior to this. She informed that she doesn't ship to Canada for less than $20. Great you should have at least mentioned that in your site. I was getting this as a birthday gift for my mom. It you are looking to buy air plant I suggest you go somewhere else and save yourself the trouble.
Negative kittykatwoman
Olympia, WA
April 25, 2009
I tried to order from airplantcity.

After 8 days when I didn't get anything in the mail, I decided to contact them. The answer was that the plants were not shipped yet because she was "a little behind". I decided to cancel the sale because I didn't want to deal with the lateness. I would have appreciated an email to inform me of the lateness.

I had 2 successive emails. The first one was really ok but the second one was angry, insulting and plain rude. I was accused of not "doing my homework" because I didn't read the shipping page, "Have you had a bad day?", "In the mean time, read the shipping page just for grins and giggles." etc

I did read that shipping page of hers many times where there is no mention of shipping occurring more than a week after purchase. See for yourself: http://www.airplantcity.com/shipping.htm

Anyway, all together it could have been a smooth transaction, it became a joke where I get anger for asking a refund. Wow!

I guess we all knot who had a bad day... Haha!
Neutral cattgirl54
Cape Canaveral, FL
May 1, 2006
greetings~

i just wanted to take a moment to thank you for such fantastic service. initial confusion aside, i had a great experience with your company and intend to place another order with you very soon. i've been talking your company up ever since the plants arrived on wednesday...

thanks again!

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that companies cannot publish reviews for themselves. The rating has been changed from positive to neutral so that it would not affect the overall rating given by customers.