The scoop on 'Seeds For the South (Vegetable Seed Warehouse)'

Seeds For the South (Vegetable Seed Warehouse)

410 Whaley Pond Road
Graniteville, South Carolina 29829 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: n/a

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Company Comment, posted on December 1, 1999:
A huge selection of vegetable and herb seeds including heirloom and certified organic seeds with a variety of seed packet sizes for large or small gardens sold at reasonable prices.

Comments:

Positive paula_p
Brazoria, TX (Zone 9b)
January 6, 2013
I ordered heirloom vegetable seeds for my spring garden. Seeds arrived in a bubble mailer, each individual pack is a sturdy ziploc bag with labels. Received a bonus seed pack of garlic chives.
Fast shipping, reasonable prices. Great ordering experience, but I have not ordered from this company before so waiting to see if seeds turn into healthy, productive plants before I recommend to anyone.
Positive mrsjamiep
Arroyo City, TX (Zone 9b)
September 19, 2009
WoW! My experience was wonderful! Great selection, prices and service. They had the seeds I was looking for and could not find elsewhere. Their prices were more than fair and the envelopes were filled generously. They sent me a "free sample" seed pack that was a full pack of very popular medium hot pepper seeds to try with my order. The order came much, much quicker than I expected. Everything came with generic lables that were very detailed. They were in Heavy duty zip locks appropriate to the size of seeds and quantity. I will be back without a doubt and very soon! I would recommend this company easily to anyone.
Positive Buntyn
Jacksonville, FL
January 20, 2007
I ordered Thursday and received my order the following Saturday. What fantastic service. Very nice selection for the south. I will be back !!
Negative Ricsha
Struthers, OH
April 4, 2006
Yes, I received my order. Sadly the envelope was mangled. I don't think anything leaked out, but the seeds were somewhat crushed and mixed. A mess. The beet seeds made holes in the plastic bags.
I know this was a small order (only 4 types of seeds) but for $3.00 "shipping & handling charge" on a $7.00 order, there would be better packaging. Pretty shabby.
____________
This is the e-mail I sent them, after 2 weeks I still have gotten NO reply... NOTHING. I nor anyone in my garden club would order from them again. Damaged goods and low seed count to boot.
Positive weedsalot
Okeana, OH (Zone 6a)
January 18, 2005
I placed an order with Seeds for the South just after the first of the year and received an email from Becky to say that seeds were about to arrive and she would send them as soon as they did. Very professional, prompt, and considerate. I received the seeds as promised in great condition. I hope I'm able to work with this company for many years to come. Thanks!
Neutral stefoodie
Clarks Summit, PA (Zone 5b)
January 15, 2005
I placed an order for 5 kinds of seeds on 12/17/04. I received my order today, 1/15/04. I e-mailed last week asking about my seeds and I was informed that they hadn't mailed it yet because they're still waiting for the seeds to come in, that they would mail it ASAP. While I appreciate the quick response to my e-mail, and I do realize that I ordered last year during a busy time of the year (holiday season), I would have appreciated an e-mail telling me my order hadn't been shipped, etc. Just keeping me informed would be a big plus. They did issue credit for one packet of seeds that they didn't have, and they did add one extra packet of seeds that I didn't order, so that makes up for the wait, I guess. Two other things that surprised me a bit were that the seeds didn't come in a pre-made padded envelope -- it came in a regular envelope with a sheet of cut-up bubble wrap on one side of the seeds -- and the seed packets came with what seems to be grease spots (not many, but enough to be noticeable). While I probably will order from them again if I can't find the seeds I'm looking for elsewhere (this time it was for seeds that were only available from Chiltern's and other UK businesses), they probably won't be my first choice. I realize that this is probably a family-owned business and I know that in itself would present several challenges, but a tad bit more professionalism (pre-made bubble envelopes, no grease spots on the seed packets) would certainly make a HUGE difference, at least as far as I'm concerned, after all I am paying full price for the seeds.
Positive spiderlady
Knoxville, MD
February 25, 2004
This was my 3rd year ordering from Seeds for The South, and I've always been very pleased. They have a great selection of seeds and the service and turnaround time is commendable. Even though I made a mistake on my order by giving them a wrong CC#, Becky Wilder took the time to contact me via email right away and I had my order a few days later along with a sample packet of seeds. This was during a busy time so I was impressed that they took the time to inform me of the mistake. I will always look here 1st when I'm ordering seeds.
Peggy
Positive jetstream
January 14, 2004
I've order from SFTS for two years now. Always good service, always good seed. Last year she sent me a free pack of okra seed that was absolutely wonderful. It's my favorite orka now, only wished I had saved the packet so I could remember the variety name!
Positive I_AM_SUNSHINE
June 7, 2003
My order was shipped quickly. Charges minimal, prices compare well. Gardening in the south may be hard because of bugs and heat; these plants are tested in these conditions so I don't have to be disappointed.
Positive shelly_and_roy
March 15, 2003
The only place you can order one pack of seeds, and not pay more for shipping than for seeds!

Nice bubble-wrap mailer
Very fast turn-around time
Loved being able to pay via Pay Pal
Great selection of seeds
Germination was excellent

They are now in our list of always-check-here places when looking for seeds.
Positive frosty
March 8, 2003
I have nothing but good things to say about this company. They ship promptly, germination is always good and this year they even included a free pack of tomato seeds with my order.

Will gladly order from them again!
Positive jimcarter
March 6, 2003
I have placed two orders with this company. Both orders arrived within ten days and this includes the orders' requirement to clear Canada customs. One of these orders was placed in the "busy season" for seed companies.
Positive casahac
January 29, 2003
I was having trouble finding aconcagua pepper seeds and stumbled across the Seeds for the South web site. The prices were good and the handlings costs very reasonable, so I ordered about 5 varieties of seeds.

Even though I am across country from South Carolina, I had my seeds in about 4 work days, with a hand written thank you note on the invoice.

Time will tell how the germination goes, but this is excellent service with a personal touch and the next time I go to order seeds, I will be checking here first.