The scoop on 'Roll Out Flowers (Garden Innovations, LLC)'

Roll Out Flowers (Garden Innovations, LLC)

245 Hulsey Road
Cleveland, Georgia 30528 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-844-8420

Positive puertorico
Raleigh, NC (Zone 7b)
June 11, 2015
Well, I bought mine at the end of 2014, on sale because the season was over. I kept the packages in the refrigerator over the winter to keep seeds fresh. I planted according to the instructions late this spring of 2015 with low expectations and to my surprise they are doing great, so many plants that I will have to thin them. I have paid very close attention to never letting the mat dry out and watered it at least twice a day and usually three times a day. I also covered the mat with chicken wire so the squirrels wouldn't dig in it and therefore I haven't had any problems with the birds getting into it either. I think it's been fun and will plant them again. Oh, another thing I did, before I rolled out the mat I put down a 1/2 inch layer of fine seed starting potting soil so the mat would have good, smooth contact with the soil which is always important for seed germination and success with tiny seedlings.
Neutral Bellababy
Bend, OR
May 22, 2015
I so wish I had read these comments before my purchase. I just planted, Olde English Nostalgia roll out. I did cover them with top soil. Just reading about the birds made me so sad and fearful. We have quail and other birds, so I'm debating on pulling them up. I love watching the quail and would do most anything to protect them.
Negative kcreve
Brighton, CO
February 25, 2015
After following the directions for laying the flower mat, I went inside and returned only to find that 2 birds, some kind of small bird and a small woodpecker, had been tearing up the mats trying to get at the seeds. They were both near the flower bed in the grass. They died a short time later. The seeds are embedded in wood shavings and sprayed with a dye. The birds choked and/or died from the dye. This is a horrible product! It made me sick that it killed these poor birds.
Negative Jaclyn80
Eagle Point, OR
June 10, 2009
I purchased 2 rolls of flowers {fragrance garden}. Spending over $74.00 and I have 1 flower to show for it. What a RIP OFF!!!
Negative hpygrl582
Redford, MI
June 28, 2007
I purchased 3 of the roll out flowers, Butterfly/Hummingbird Garden, Olde English Garden, and Shady Garden. I spent $92.13 on this product and none have grown. What a huge disappointment.