The scoop on 'Crimson Sage Nursery'

Crimson Sage Nursery

Orleans, California 95556 (United States)

This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company offers a variety of plants.

Company Comment, posted on December 1, 2000:
We are a small family operated nursery located in northernmost California in the Klamath River Valley. We offer a diverse selection of medicinal herbs including Chinese, Ayurvedic, Native American, and European varieties.

We are grateful for the opportunity to share our passion for healing
plants with our customers all over the country

Comments:

Positive bonehead
Cedarhome, WA (Zone 8b)
June 4, 2010
Posted on January 27, 2010, updated June 4, 2010
Great company. Wonderful selection of hard-to-find herbs. I was especially impressed with the packing, all the plants seemed very healthy and happy upon arrival, looking like I just brought them home from a local nursery. My first order was a bit delayed, but when I called to find out when to expect it (more for planning purposes, not out of irritation), I was very nicely told that one of my plants needed a bit more time to "size up" which I appreciated. All arrived in plenty of time to get in the garden before the heat. I will definitley reorder and recommend to others. (P.S. The plant needing a bit more nursery time is doing excellent, so good call.)
On June 4th, 2010, bonehead added the following:

I've ordered a second time, with the same excellent results. Well packed, healthy plants, written instructions for care upon receipt, along with a couple recommendations for books on how to grow and use herbs. Very homey feel to the company, and they carry many herbs I am unable to locate locally.
Positive cyra
Central Valley, CA (Zone 9b)
May 18, 2008
I have ordered herbs twice from this company, and have rec'd my plants both times, in excellent condition, healthy, and vibrant. Their black cohosh and echinacea is currently in bloom. I find their shipping charges appropriate for plants of this quality (0 percent mortality rate for plants rec'd!!!!)

On June 14th, 2008, cyra added the following:

Rec'd another shipment from Crimson Sage, their lavender plants are going in the ground as soon as this infernal heat wave passes. All arrived happy, and due to the relatively short shipping distance, my plants arrived in lovely condition, as usual, with minimal yellowing. The only plants I've ever rec'd in less than perfect condition from CS, were their thymes, which were somewhat pot-bound, and required some slicing of their root balls, they are fine, now. (Their creeping orange thyme's scent is to die for!!!) Love their sizeable selection, can't wait to order more herbs!
Positive kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR (Zone 7b)
February 7, 2008
I ordered some really neat unusual herbs from this company at prices that made me actually think something was wrong. They were so very inexpensive for their selections and rarities. Warning! The shipping was so very expensive , it almost made me cancel my order. But glad I didn't because the plants were healthy , nice sized, and I had communicated with them several times before ordering. If you can tolerate the horrendous shipping charges, then go for it....... 30.00 in shipping for 7 to 8 plants. I sell plants, and to me that's highway robbery.

Honestly though, you can't find these plants anywhere else for the prices listed in their web site. So i'll continue to purchase and gripe about the shipping charges. As long as they'll have me

kathy
Company representative comment on February 8, 2008:

On Feb 7, 2008 9:00 PM, Crimson Sage Nursery added:

Hi Kathy Thanks for the positive review of the plants you purchased from us .We try to offer a large diversity of herbs and do not hide our shipping costs in our plant prices. The shipping method we use is UPS because they have proven themselves as the most dependable carrier for transporting plants . Unfortunately the cost of shipping continues to rise along with the cost of fuel . I wish there was a way for us to keep our shipping rates low but that is simply not possible when the distance requires 3 day delivery . We work very hard to package our plants carefully and have them ship as fast as possible to insure our customers receive vibrant , healthy , well established plants. The extra money spent on fast and efficient shipping is well worth it for that reason . Your frustration with high shipping rates might be better directed toward UPS since they are truly the company profiting from high shipping rates.
sincerely, Tina Glaessner Owner Crimson-Sage Nursery

Positive gaika
Palo Alto, CA
July 28, 2006
I ordered 23 plants. These arrived beautifully packed and in very good condition. It was a pleasure doing business with Crimson Sage & I will be a happy repeat customer!
Positive bjohns
West Jordan, UT
June 24, 2006
I,ordered five rare plants from Crimson Sage. The plants are healthy. The grower is very easy to work with and keeps you updated on the the plants and shipping dates! Crimson sage e-mailed me to let me know that one of my plants ordered wasn't growing up to standard and would not sell these plants. A lot of mail order suppliers would have sent the plant regardless of the quality! I am very pleased with the plants I received and will order again from Crimson sage Nurery!
Positive loves2plant
Butte, MT
June 24, 2006
The best and most caring compant I have ever dealt with. I will trust them with all of my plants that i need if they carry them. This place is on top of my list.
Positive Campfiredan
Alachua, FL (Zone 8b)
May 5, 2006
Nice selection of hard to find plants and my order got here very quickly in very good condition.
Positive bourne
Forest Ranch, CA (Zone 7a)
April 26, 2003
Very nice plants, shipped quickly and they arrived in great shape.