The scoop on 'Collector Palms'

Collector Palms

1021 Lincoln Avenue
College Station, Texas 77840-2152 (United States)

Comments:

Positive pjb448
Boothwyn, PA (Zone 7a)
March 5, 2013
I found this nursery on ebay, and I bought 2 Chusan (Trachycarpus fortunei) and 3 Rhapidophyllum hystrix in 2011, all of which are still thriving in the northern edge of 7a as of March 5, 2013. The first winter I gave them no protection (but the temperature that winter never got lower than 19F, and for less than 9 hours). This winter the Chusans have Christmas lights wound around the trunks and bunched over the crowns, which are topped with bubble wrap and grass (Pampas trimmings). The Rhapidophylli have had no protection. Ryan sold me very robust plants, well packed, and he answered questions promptly; best of all, he shipped them at the precise time I wanted them...June 1st when the weather was truly warm, although I bought them in April. I plan to buy more from him.
Positive Azorina
(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA (Zone 8a)
April 19, 2009
I ordered a Trachyocarpus from Ryan and it all worked so well I ordered another!
Positive millic
Garland, TX (Zone 8a)
October 14, 2007
I have ordered numerous palms from Ryan and they have always arrived in excellent condition. Will continue to purchase from him in the future.