The scoop on 'Floyd Cove Nursery'

Floyd Cove Nursery

PO Box 4001
Enterprise, Florida 32725 (United States)

Phone: (386) 232 -7379

Visit Floyd Cove Nursery at:

Comments:

Positive virginiarose
Southeast, VA (Zone 8a)
April 5, 2013
I got my order yesterday and I was stunned at how big and healthy the fans were! Awesome bonus plants that I was not expecting. I loved the whole experience, the website, the communication, the packing and was very impressed with the daylilies. I would recommend them to everyone, you will not go wrong with Floyd Cove!

Positive ibewgirl
Wilmington, DE
July 11, 2012
Fans the size of leeks and very healthy root systems. Always friendly communication. Would not hesitate to recommend.
Positive Adaytolilly
Alamo, NM
January 4, 2012
While any daylilly growers have pretty pictures, what about the plants they deliver? Floyd Cove sends gorgeous super
big plants about three times the size of others. They grow
beautifully and bloom the first year. Also very concerned
about pleasing customers. Floyd Cove is the BEST.
Positive bluidboy78
Conway, SC
June 21, 2010
First of all there needs to be a higher rating than positive.

I received my first order from Floyd Cove last week and all I can say is WOW. I order three plants from them. One of them was a 2010 introductions and the other 2 where Fall 2009 introductions. I received 3 plus fans on each of the plants! Plus they sent a 2010 intro as a bonus. Words can not describe how happy I am with my Order. They also answered every question I had in a timely manner. They have earned a lifetime customer. I am already planning for fall. Do not hesitate from ordering from them. You will not be disappointed.

Michael
Positive daffojill
Ringoes, NJ
June 18, 2009
I finally stepped up to the "big time" this year and ordered from the Stamiles (and other breeders). Wow! What a pleasure. Beautiful, fat, healthy plants and generous bonus plants. I've been spoiled for life. They were out of several of the plants I ordered so I'll "plan my attack" earlier next year. I'm still in daffodil mode while everyone in Florida is up and running with the daylilies. Thanks!
Positive mthrnatur
Niles, MI
May 30, 2009
I received absolutely gorgeous fans, large enough to bludgeon someone with--I am not joking, they were HUGE. Shipped on the dot, received in beautiful condition. Wonderful root systems. And the bonus of a DF of a 2009 intro. In addition to all that, if you have a question, they get back with you promptly. It's no wonder that Stamiles have the fantastic reputation that they do! I couldn't be happier, and will definitely purchase from them again.
Positive eickenho
Sugar Land, TX (Zone 9a)
November 12, 2008
Floyd Cove sends very large and healthy daylilies, and they are very generous with their gift plants. Patrick Stamile is very generous in sharing his knowledge about daylilies. Karen and Guy are extremely helpful, and a pleasure to do business with.
Positive tuffhem
Fort Worth, TX
June 13, 2007
I received my order exactly as promised, except I got double fans on new 2007 intros. Not only much more than industry standards, but the plants are the largest too. They suffered no leaf die-back, which is unheard of typically, and multiplied as they bloomed on great scapes just two months after I got them. I have from 3 fans to11 fans of each cultivar now 3 1/2 months after delivery. The value is record-setting for new intros. They are the best of the best, but everyone already knows that.
Positive mmfmich
Grand Rapids, MI (Zone 5b)
September 14, 2006
I received great looking plants and a very generous bonus. Both Grace and Pat were a pleasure to deal with. I'm hooked.
Positive susxmedic
Harbeson, DE (Zone 7b)
October 25, 2005
We absolutely LOVE this nursery. Cutting edge introductions, HUGE plants and the most personable people to talk to. Their introductions thrive in our gardens. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Positive doss
Stanford, CA (Zone 9b)
October 17, 2005
This is my first year ordering from Stamile's but I was intrigued by the beautiful cultivars, excellent branching and bud count. They provide a lot of information about their daylilies.

When I received the daylilies they were damaged in shipping. I discussed this with the Stamiles they asked that I try to plant them anyway and if they didn't perform they would replace them. They said that they would mark new ones for me in the garden so that they would be available to me if I should need them. They also told me that they would just send out the new daylilies right away if I needed them. I planted the daylilies and they are doing well so far.

Highly recommended.
Positive ownedbycats
Southern, NH (Zone 5b)
May 10, 2005
A great experience. My order arrived when it was supposed to, and the fans are huge! A double fan of a 2005 introduction is larger then some clumps I've had for years. I also got a nice 2005 intro as a bonus plant.

I will order from them again.
Positive DeniseCh
February 24, 2004
I just can't say enough good about Floyd Cove Nursery and Pat and Grace Stamile. Among daylily hybridizers, they are the benchmark against which I measure others! Their hybridizing talent speaks for itself, the plants they send are huge and healthy, every order is handled professionally, courteously and Precisely as requested, and they are as generous with their time and experience as they are with their plants.
Whether a customer is a "newbie" ordering one older, less expensive plant, or a true addict ;-) buying all the new introductions, they will be *TREATED* well by the Stamile's.
(I speak from experience, as I was once that "newbie").

This is another company I'm confident enough with to have sight-unseen, standing orders for new collections. If only ALL hybridizers treated their customers so well!!
Positive rwhartist
August 30, 2002
Ditto with Dirtyharry.............plants are always huge, healthy and a phone call will give you an education in daylilies with two of the most knowledgable, nicest couple in the business......cannot recommend Floyd Cove highly enough.
Positive dirtyharry
Aurora, CO (Zone 5a)
January 9, 2002
Buy with confidence. I have done business with this company for years and always receive quality plants.
Positive Fehrtj
August 1, 1995
Pat and Grace Stamile have been described by Sydney Eddison in A Passion for Daylilies as being on the cutting edge of daylily hybridizing. Pat is actively converting or working with newly converted tetraploids. His "candy" series out of Tet. Siloam Virginia Henson are incredible. Admiral's Braid is producing "kids" that have bold picotees up to 1/4 inch wide and some with gold or silver wired edges. Their new introductions are pricey but I can attest to this - they are a step beyond most other daylilies I grew here this summer. The Stamiles also offer other daylilies than their own - these have been selected by them for their fine habits and are all supposed to be "winners." Everything I ordered has been great and their bonus plant was incredibly generous. Some color in catalog.