The scoop on 'Plants of the Wild'

Plants of the Wild

Tekoa, Washington 99033 (United States)

Visit Plants of the Wild at:

Comments:

Neutral anitamacey
Atascadero, CA (Zone 8a)
June 8, 2011
My Caragana Arborescens arrived on a Tuesday a little worse for wear. They were at least 2 foot tall and bent over in the box; 4 were shipped on their side and the soil fell out of the container.
They will survive because they are tough plants. I would order from them again.
The weather while they were traveling was very HOT for the north west and mountain states.
Positive colchie
Vashon, WA (Zone 8a)
March 4, 2009
I ordered plants yesterday and they arrived today! Really nice specimens at reasonable prices. All the plants were in great shape and really well packed. Great company!
Positive mmcake
Neenah, WI
May 23, 2008
I ordered about a dozen bunchberries, three ginger plants and 10 dicentra from this company. When the plants arrived the bunchberries and ginger were in good condition. The dicentra were packed in a box that was not tall enough and all of the stems were broken off and many of the leaves slimy.

I contacted the company via email and offered photos of the damaged plants. I asked for replacement of seven of the ten plants and they responded immediately and offered replacements or a store credit. My replacements arrived within a week. They were pretty small and kind of forlorn looking, but I planted them right away and I think they'll perk back up.

I couldn't have asked for better customer service and the majority of the plants I received were pretty nice.

I will give this company another try....
Positive VDG
McCook, NE
April 3, 2008
Plants of the Wild has to be the best Plant retailer I have ever dealt with. I just wish I had found them a 1000 shrubs and trees ago. The 60 plants I ordered arrive a day or two early instead of weeks late. Plants, all tublings were fresh and still cool when they arrived still in their growth medium. Also, their supplemental products; protector tubes, mulch mats are high quality, and affordable time savers. Plants of the Wild’s entire staff have treated me like their "favorite" next door neighbor. I wish they were closer; I'd give them a day a week labor just to learn from them.

Virgil D. Gosch
McCook, NE
Positive possumdog
Silver Springs, NV
February 22, 2007
I love them. Their main business is selling large quantities of plants for restoration projects but they also will sell single plants to the home gardener. They provide native plants that are hard to come by elsewhere. They grow them in cones so the root system is long and their plants have always done well at transplanting and surviving. The shipping can look funky at first and it is sometimes an ordeal to wrassle the plants out of their plastic wrap and tape but the plants arrive moist and exuding life. So far, my orders have always arrived just a few days after placing and they have yet to make a mistake. The only thing people might miss from dealing with bigger companies is you aren't going to know your shipping costs and total bill untill you get it--although I am sure you could ask via phone or email if you have concerns . You also need to be ready to plant right away if you order the "tublings" as they don't come in pots.
Positive cathylee
February 1, 2002
We have purchased several hundred seedlings, trees and shrubs from Plants of the Wild and have been very pleased. Kathy, the owner, was very helpful in selecting natives that would do well for our site. We live within driving distance so we have no comments on their shipping practices. They were very pleasant and helpful when we were at their nursery. Their prices are quite reasonable as well.