The scoop on 'Vermont Flower Farm'

Vermont Flower Farm

256 Peacham Pond Road
Marshfield, Vermont 05658-8099 (United States)

Visit Vermont Flower Farm at:

Comments:

Positive ellieblue
Colchester, VT
May 15, 2009
On May 4th, I drove for about an hour to visit Vermont Flower farm. Since they indicated on their web site that they would be open from May 1st, I was a little upset that they were not open. When I got back home I e-mailed them about what had happened. Well, Gale offered to bring me the 4 plants I would have purchased at no charge. I insisted that I pay her so she gave me one plant free. Beautiful hostas in 10" pots at the same price as some 4" bands I've purchased for the same price from other nurseries..
Company representative comment on May 17, 2009:
On May 17, 2009 5:35 AM, Vermont Flower Farm responded with:

Ellie is absolutely correct that after a long drive she found the gate
closed. Spring in Vermont has been challenging for us with
Gail's mother's passing and a reorganization at our new Route 2 location. We always try to minimize problems and in this case Gail made the delivery and we're happy to see that things were acceptable.

Ellie didn't mention if she used a GPS to locate us or not but that too could present a problem for some visitors. Last November 2008 I tried to change our address with Google Maps. It took many, many communications and until this April the new address did not go through. Our former address of 256 Peacham Pond Road continues to be displayed even though it says "removed by George". Check out our new web site, same url of http://vermontflowerfarm.com for new directions.

Thanks for everyone's patience as we move a site, move a business and carry on with the challenges of senior relatives and a family member on the autism spectrum. Families often have different names but many of the problems we experience are the same.

Thanks Ellie for understanding us!

George Africa
Vermont Flower Farm

Positive northlover
Manchester, NH
July 28, 2008
Had a great day visiting their new location. Was a little skeptic at first but WOW! Just as I was hoping. Lots and lots daylilies and hostas and perennials. Spoke with George for a while and he told me of his future plans for a new hosta area near the river as well as other plans for the new location. He was very informative and I could pick his brain all day. He gives great advice and tips. I will not hesitate to recommend this place to friends and family. Hope to visit again this year. Definitely will visit every year and possibly order online....
Positive pitkincottage
(Zone 4b)
May 14, 2008
George Africa has a wonderful business! It has been featured in Vermont Magazine and is well-worth our drive across the state several times a year to shop. George is extremely knowledgeable and very sharing of his knowledge and will happily take you through his gorgeous mature display gardens and walk up and down the aisles of stock for sale, giving you pointers and tidbits of interesting hosta lore along the way. His plants are large, healthy, and a good value. He has a much bigger selection of hostas than his website indicates (I daresay this is probably true of his other plants as well.) My only "complaint", if you can call it that, is that the website's plant list is not up to date. But an email is cheerfully and promptly answered, so don't let that stop you. Odds are good that he probably has what you want.
Company representative comment on May 17, 2009:
On May 17, 2009 5:51 AM, Vermont Flower Farm responded with:

Last fall 2008 I bought Dreamweaver software and a couple books and literally spent the winter months rebuilding our web site. For those who have a site, it's easy to understand the time involved. In my case the learning curve was intense but I'm pleased with how far we have gone. This summer we'll update all the pictures.

The other challenge to a site is keeping track of available inventory and noting when items are out of stock. As example I made a couple changes the other day to daylilies Silver Sprite and Tuscawilla Tigress. From year to year it's often a guess what will be popular.

As you review our site, I really am interested in questions or comments. Gail and I work hard at this little business and our enjoyment comes from happy gardeners!

George Africa
The Vernmont Gardener

Positive barkingardener
Carmel, ME
September 4, 2007
Plants arrived in great shape, nice size, good foliage. Got a bonus plant. Order was complete and well-labelled.