The scoop on 'Michael's Nursery'

Michael's Nursery

PO Box 84941
Lexington, South Carolina 29073 (United States)

Visit Michael's Nursery at:

Company Comment, posted on May 15, 2007:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: We recently suffered a major fire at our nursery and are unable to process orders at this time. We are in the process of refunding any and all payments received for orders that have not yet been filled. Please bear with us during this difficult time; all refunds will be sent by the end of this week. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our customers.

Comments:

Negative denaid
Cumming, GA
July 18, 2007
I ordered two crape myrtles on a Sunday and paid via PayPal. The PayPal payment was processed but I did not hear anything from Michael's Nursery. No confirmation, no receipt, no shipping status. I emailed Michael's Nursery on Thursday of the same week and as of Wednesday the following week, I still had not heard from Michael's. There is no phone number on Michael's Nursery's website therefore no way to talk to someone directly and emails/orders apparently go unanswered. I'm just glad I PayPaled and didn't give them my credit card directly.
Positive lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE (Zone 5b)
August 18, 2006
Even though my plants arrived on a very hot August day, they looked better than anything I have ever received in the mail!! Perfectly packed so that not a leaf was damaged, they beat anything I could have gotten locally at a nursery. I'm inpressed and will be ordering again. Thanks!

Susan
Positive swoznick
Burlington, NC (Zone 7b)
August 1, 2006
I recently ordered from Michael's Nursery as a result of a classified ad placed on Dave' s Garden. Web page links provided a smooth quick transition and inventory was well represented. My order was placed quickly and accurately. Email response to my order was prompt. A personal inquiry as to quality of service by Michael was confirmed with a positive expericence and an appreciated extension of himself. My plant was packaged, shipped and received in excellent condition even during extremely hot temperatures. The plant was potted with moist soil and padded to prevent mechanical shock. Prompt courteous service and attention to detailed customer satisfaction are hallmarks of this business. I will not hesitate to order from Michael's Nursery again and highly recommend others to do so as well.
Positive critterologist
Frederick, MD (Zone 6b)
July 28, 2006
I just received the most perfect plants that have ever been shipped to me from a mail order nursery. Even in 90 degree plus weather, the shrubs arrived with moist soil, looking fresh as daisies, without a leaf out of place! I ordered during his repotting sale (plants have to be up-potted if we don't sell them right away), so the plants were generously sized. One plant was not included in my order, with the explanation that it would be shipped later because they weren't entirely happy with its size and wanted to baby it along a bit more... and that they would be shipping 2 plants rather than 1 because they felt the plants were a bit small.

I also love the fact that their selection, although small compared to some of the nursery giants, includes so many of the special varieties that make me drool over my gardening catalogs... The ones I just ordered were all "Proven Winners" (TM) plants, and I've just discovered that they also carry Encore! Azaleas. :-)

Excellent communication about shipping dates and more... I would order again without hesitation, and I probably will do so very soon!
Positive escambiaguy
Atmore, AL (Zone 8b)
July 20, 2006
My order was shipped to me very promptly. It was well packed and the plant was healthy with moist soil. I will order from them again.