The scoop on 'Park's Landscapes'

Park's Landscapes

1 Parkton Ave.
Greenwood, South Carolina 29647-0001 (United States)

Phone: 18004247091

This company is affiliated with Park Seed Company (aka Park's Gardens)

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Comments:

Negative Cody_mi
Hart, MI
April 29, 2009
i placed an order for several plants. in one day i got two boxes, one contained one plant and the other contained nothing. two weeks later i recieved the rest of my order in two inch peat pots, after the catalogue stated quart to gallon sized plants depending on specific cultivars. not one of the plants made it through the season, even though they were planted in a mulched seedling bed. this isn't the first time i've had difficulties with this company.
Positive meganhigh
Matthews, NC
May 30, 2008
The plants were a little small but very well packed, still moist, and arrived via fedex. I also found a coupon code to receive free shipping at retailmenot.com. Overall a really good experience.

PS - I originally ordered from another vendor, Direct Gardening, and I'm still fighting with them over a refund.
Neutral maceyman
Oceanside, NY
May 24, 2007
I placed a small order for 10 Wide Brim Hostas. Shipping was quick but the Hostas look nothing like what's in the catalog. Well packaged, but totally different colors. Should have been white and green, they sent 2 tone green.
Positive pwilmarth
Denver, CO
April 30, 2007
I ordered three trees last fall from Park's. They were a little small, but all of them have done well and survived our snowier than usual winter.
Positive g4jones
Denton, TX
November 8, 2006
Purchased two rosa floribunda climbing. Plants arrived in good condition, well-packed with good information on the plants and planting instructions.
Neutral duece4life
West Orange, NJ
September 9, 2006
I took advantage (since I have bad credit) of this company's installment program--Purchase $300 of merchandise, pay 1/3rd down and the rest on monthly installments (I pay 21.95 per month). I purchased several Hydrengeas, some hibiscus and hostras. They arrived Labor Day Weekend (during Tropical Storm Ernesto) packaged very nicely. Most were in containers and you could smell the freshness. The next day all the plants looked healthy, except the Hibiscus. While planting the Hibiscus, I noticed the leaves had black stuff on them and those leaves have since died, but it has a few left. I ordered 3 Annabelle Hydrangeas and 2 are really strong, but 1--the leaves have "wilted" (hey--2 out of 3 ain't bad). The Hosta Elegans were bareroot and the "stems" that are above ground have either wilted or died. I have been told that bareroot plants do take some time, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. All this has occurred in the past week. I ordered Calla Lillies and changed my mind, but they sent them any way. I gave them to a co-worker. I called Customer Service immediately and they gave me credit for them. When I called Customer Service about the Hibiscus, I was told that the leaves were dying because it was time for them to go into dormancy. (I don't know). I am giving them a positive rating for now. The customer service people are really kind and polite. So far, other than what's posted, I am happy. If you can afford to go to a garden center or can afford some of the more expensive mail-order companies, by all means, DO IT!!! But, if you are a "regular" guy like me who has "Champagne tastes" and "beer bottle pockets", Park's Landscape is the way to go! Wish me luck!!
On October 28th, 2006, duece4life changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

The problem that I am having is with their LYING to me about when they are going ship out plants that they are able to produce. They always tell me that the Horticulture Dept. haven't released any of my Hydrengas that are on back order. I have been going through this since the 1st week of Sept. Now, after 2 months of this, I am so disappointed in their customer service. THERE IS NO NEED TO LIE!!! IF YOU AIN'T GOT IT, YOU AIN'T GOT IT!!!
I really like this company. Most of my order has come in a timely fashion and I LOVE the plants, but I feel like I am being given the runaround about my back orders. I will update this website with new stuff. Like I said, I cannot afford the best companies, but I am not having any problems with what they send, I just wish they would send it before it gets too late to plant (New Jersey)
On October 28th, 2006, duece4life added the following: