The scoop on 'Harvest Moon Farms & Seed Co.'

Harvest Moon Farms & Seed Co.

Union City, Indiana 47390 (United States)

Phone: n/a

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark Per a note sent to the Garden Watchdog from the representative for Harvest Moon Farms & Seed Co.:

"My company is no longer associated with Gourmet Seed International. As of August 28,2006 the partnership between Gourmet Seed and Harvest Moon has been terminated."

Feburary, 2009

This company is possibly closed. The domain is for sale, and we've had a report that they have shuttered their doors. Please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page if you have further information

Comments:

Negative natureway
Orlando, FL
February 7, 2009
I bought from this company about a year ago. They were still named Harvest Moon Farms, and I am pretty sure everyone knows that company is now closed but really had the motif of stealing peoples money and not even helping out the customer.
I ordered with them around the month of April of last year and I had four seed packets missing and I emailed them and I got only one reply back.
They told me they would ship out the seeds but never did!

Now I called them and emailed them about once a week to try to get my seeds shipped to me or get the refund for the amount.
(Each seed costing $2-3)
but no luck

Now seed planting time is coming back again and I was wanting to buy from the company again when I dont even see a trace of them. I also wanted to tell them to atleast give me the seeds they missed to ship but no luck......Now I call this new company Gourmet Seed International thinking it is them since they say they merged, and have made the three "greates" companies unite to provide better service and supposly they have nothing to do with that company. The manager helps me out just telling me that there is nothing he can do but for me to just report them. I would have thought that they would want my business and atleast offer me some better type of help. I am still wanting to buy seeds from this company but after how they are I just dont! I would have thought that I would atleast get those 4 seed packets back or the money back but with a purchase which i would be willing to do even if it is a new company or they arent related, but they are just not willing to....even if it isnt their fault it is their companies reputation.

I emailed them but got no reply, and I wonder if they will be a better company than that annoying Harvest moon Farms and atleast try to help the customer.

Thank you and I hope that in the future I will be able to get a better service!

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors:

Our past correspondence with Harvest Moon Farm & Seed Co. indicates the partnership between Gourmet Seed and Harvest Moon was terminated on August 28, 2006.
Negative greenthumbb
Mesa, AZ
May 8, 2008
Placed an order on February 23,2008, no response from them after many, many e-mails, until 10 days ago
when Dusty finally said he apologized for the delay and that he didn't know why it happened and that he would ship it out the next day with some free seed for the inconvenience. I still haven't received my order and the web site still says processing. This is now May 7, 2008.
I tried calling the phone number listed on Daves garden web for harvest moon. It happens to be a residential number. I left a message still no response. I think we all who have been cheated should call them at all hours of the day and night to try and get a person to respond, and ship our orders.
Negative Bayside_Garden
Santa Monica, CA
April 10, 2008
I ordered seeds early January. they charged my card right away, but I did not get the order. I tried emailing and calling them -- no reply. After about 6 weeks the order did come - the very day I was contacting the credit card company to stop payment. Don't want to do business with them again.
Negative rachellin
Grand Rapids, MI
April 3, 2008
I ordered seeds from the company that I still have not received. Yet they charged my card the same day I placed the order! It has been over two weeks now and I still don't have my order. I live in the same area of the country as their company. When I went on google and tried to find the company, they have no phone number listed. They also have no phone number listed on their website and if you call information, again - no listing! This is never a good sign in my opinion! I sent an email asking that I be refunded my order if I am not going to get my seeds this week. It is time to start seeds indoors in my area and I was counting on this order. I have received no reply to my email at all. I will never order from this company again!
Negative Mommy_aka_Katie
Syracuse, NY
March 5, 2008
Submitted order by mail over a month ago. Unable to contact company despite numerous emails and phone calls to number listed above to confirm receipt of order and shipping info. Very disappointed, as they list some interesting seed varieties! We plan to report this company to the BBB. Will not order from them again!
On April 24th, 2008, Mommy_aka_Katie added the following:

After calling and emailing several times with no response from the company, and ultimately filing a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau, received seed order 2 months late! We will barely have time to start these seedlings in time to get them in the ground for the limited growing season.

This company should make a much stronger effort to communicate with their customers! An email to let us know about the delay would have been sufficient.

Needless to say, we will NOT be doing any more business with Harvest Moon Seed Company!
Negative Nigella
Wilmington
United States
February 6, 2008
I placed an order with this company for a few packets of seeds on January 21st. They charged a shamefully high rate for shipping these seeds – a few cents short of $16 for shipping about 15 packets of seeds. For sake of comparison, I paid $17 dollar to receive 7 grafted roses from Canada by FedEx and paid under $10 for shipping heavy propagation heat mats from other companies.

But this was not the worst news.
1. I got no feedback when I made several inquiries regarding the fate of my order; they ignored any of my emails for a long period of time. I opened a dispute on PayPal and they didn’t bother to answer those complaints either.

I checked the status of my order on their website at the beginning of February, and the order was still ‘pending’. I sent them an email again stating that I need those seeds to start now in my hot climate and I have no use of the seeds later on. Then they changed the order to “processing” but based on my previous experience that could mean month or several months if they want to. No word about delivery by day x, this week or next week.

I wrote them again, and finally the owner of the company offered me the option to mail the seeds soon using priority mail or give me full refund. I chose the full refund; I have no intention to deal with this company any more. Most of their seeds are available from other companies without the astronomical shipping charge.

Since I requested the refund I received a word from the company. If I get no answer and full refund tomorrow, I have no choice but to close the “dispute” and escalating the issue to requesting that PayPal should acts on my behalf and get my money back.

I have been ordering seeds for more than ten years from vendors all over the country. I never had such a bad experience as I did with Harvest Moon Farms and Seed Co.

On February 6th, 2008, Nigella added the following:

Instead of "Since I requested the refund I received a word from the company." I should have written: "Since I requested the refund I received NOT a word from the company".
Negative Antoinine
Cleveland Heights, OH (Zone 5b)
January 25, 2008
Order placed 1/9. Credit card charged immediately. Sent order confirmation via email immediately. Sent 4 emails requesting status of order which sits in "processing" status on their site to date.

NO OTHER COMMUNICATION

ORDER NEVER RECEIVED

Phone number listed here is not answered yet is caller id blocked.
Neutral CedarBerry
Oakland, OR
October 15, 2007
I placed a small order from this company for a few unusual varieties of vegetables. On the positive side, the shipping cost was very low (although I had to go through the checkout process to find out the cost--they don't seem to have that information anywhere). Also, they updated me regularly about my order, which arrived in reasonably good time.

But I was unhappy to receive one packet of seeds that had been treated with a fungicide. I like to grow as organically as possible, and would not have ordered this variety had I known ahead of time that the seeds were treated. I looked all over the Harvest Moon web site and could find nothing about treated seeds. Since they sell organic products, they should be more sensitive to the possibility that their customers might not want chemicals on their seed.

The other varieties grew OK, but not spectacularly. I probably would not order from them again unless I could not find what I wanted elsewhere.
Negative Heretic
East Petersburg, PA
February 11, 2007
My experience was pretty sad I ordered some garlic and seeds. It took about 2-3 weeks to receive my order which wasn't terribly long, but they only sent one of the seed packets. Being out of stock is fine but I was charged for the entire order.

Thats only the first part of the problem, I then discovered they had sent the wrong garlic. And while I am no garlic expert the differences between a hardneck and a softneck garlic is pretty obvious.
Once I sent off an email to discuss this error I was belittled and insulted by the reply which in summary stated that the variety name written on the bag was correct therefore the garlic inside was correct. This went on for some time with large delays in their response with my only other option being to call them long distance as they don't have a 1-800 number.

I was tempted to chargeback the entire order but I am an honest person, this company however is not. I am still out the $6 worth of seeds they never did send or refund, and I wasn't given any reasonable option in which to get the correct garlic variety.

I'll never do buisness with this company, there are plenty of other honest seed companies.

Positive emeraldblue70
West Sacramento, CA
January 21, 2007
I ordered seeds back in December 2006 and received them within two weeks. They are a really great company to do business with. One of my items ended up being out of stock and I received a phone call personally by the owner informing me the item was not in stock and I was able to select an alternate.
The website is great and easy to use, I really like the login feature that retains order status and history accessible by the customer. Overall they have a great product line and I love the imported seeds. Definitely a customer for years to come.
Neutral jenireed
Appleton, WI
December 2, 2006
I ordered three different types of pumpkin seeds in October of this year. In the beginning of November I received only one of the packs of seeds with a note saying the others would ship in 1-2 weeks. It is now Decemeber and I have not received the seeds, but was charged for everything when they sent the first packet. I have tried contacting them, but they will not respond. I am thinking of reporting them to the better business burreau.
On December 4th, 2006, jenireed added the following:

I did get an email back from the company. They said they did ship one of the seed packets in mid-November, but I never received them. Other seeds were no longer in stock. Said they would give me a refund today, but did not happen.
On December 5th, 2006, jenireed changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Did receive refund today from the company.