The scoop on 'The Exotic Plant Place'

The Exotic Plant Place

Carmen Y. Wagner, 2796 State Hwy 198
Canton, Texas 75103 (United States)

Phone: 1-903-848-9107

Comments:

Negative Lovepansies
Greer, SC
October 22, 2009
Posted on October 22, 2009, updated October 22, 2009
I placed an order with this seller on Sept. 19. By Sep 29, I had not received anything and I called and got her on the phone. The owner -- presumably Carmen -- said they had a lot of rain down there and that she would ship the plants the next day and they would probably arrive by Oct 1 or 2. Nothing arrived, and she did not respond to phone calls or emails. I filed a dispute with PayPal. Still, no response. But finally I received the plants on October 17 and the plumeria had only two blooms -- both broken. So I closed the first PayPal claim because I did finally receive something and opened another for damaged goods after she did not respond to an email requesting replacement with a photograph of the damaged plant. She responded on October 21 and first said, the plant will bloom in 4 - 6 months. I responded that I bought a plant with blooms as is pictured on her web site. Her response to that was that she would not replace the plant and that even though the plant is pictured with blooms, she never promises that is the way the customer will receive it. She said in a later email, she would replace the damaged plant I received if I shipped it back to her and it arrived in good condition. This person has NO CLUE about customer service. I am filing a claim with AMEX to get my money back.
On October 22nd, 2009, Lovepansies added the following:

I mistakenly referred to the plant I ordered: I ordered a volcano plant -- an anthurium, not a plumeria. I also ordered three air plants and they were fine.
Positive pknfarm
Louisburg, MO
April 20, 2009
I had a wonderful experience with this seller. I ordered 30 resurrection plants from her on e-Bay. My plants arrived in a timely manner, were packed well and were as advertised. Growing and care Instructions came with the plants. She answered my numerous e-mails and sent free samples of air plants. I highly recommend this seller and plan on ordering from her again.
Negative 09NIGHT_TRAIN
Panama City Beach, FL (Zone 8b)
July 24, 2008
On June 16 I ordered 2 Lava plants and a Resurecting plant from this place it is now the end of July and nothing. I left several messages with no return call. I sent one e-mail and she replied saying it would be in the next day that was 3 weeks ago. Now she wont respond to my e-mails or phone calls. I hope it is not to late to file a complaint with PayPal. I also have a friend who oredered the same thing and she has not recieved anything either. Terrible company should be closed down.
On August 5th, 2008, 09NIGHT_TRAIN added the following:

Well after I had this site send a complaint and filed a complaint through Pay Pal the lady finaly sent me my plants next day mail. I still have a friend of mine who has passed the Pay Pal deadline so they wont help, the lady will not respond to any of her E-mails. If anyone has any suggestions for any other action that would help let me know. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE
Negative postalgoddess
Odenton, MD
March 13, 2008
i ordered two lava plants in december, one to my home address and one as a gift. it is now march.....the gift was never received. when i was able to get through to carmen at the exotic plant place in late january, she said it they were having a cold snap and that it would ship the following week. as i said, it is now march and two emails and one phone message have gone unreturned. it is too late to get my money back through paypal.....beware of this seller!!!!!
Negative gray_53
Mcdonough, GA
November 26, 2007
I ordered a Resurrection Plant in November 2006. I was billed on my credit card, but here I am a year later with no plant. I have sent them numerous e-mails and snail mail, but I have never received a reply at all!! This company is awful!!
Negative glendalekid
Tuscaloosa, AL (Zone 7b)
May 17, 2007
I purchased several plumeria cuttings. They are nice, fat cuttings.

However, she did not send them, saying that the weather was too cold to ship them. Okay. I agreed as it was the end of January. However, by March 9th, she was still saying it was too cold to ship them. She is in TX and I am in AL. At the beginning of March there is very little cold weather between these two places that would have caused a freeze problem for plumeria cuttings.

I checked her eBay feedback and discovered that she was sending out cuttings to others -- newer sales. So, I filed a PayPal dispute for non-delivery. She did then send me my cuttings, and I closed the dispute.

Positive MusaRojo
March 23, 2007
I bought a box of 4 12” generic single tip plumeria cuttings via eBay (seller name sussafrus) from this merchant. The cuttings were very thick, healthy, and were marked to indicate flower color. The cuttings were well packed and the box included printed instructions on how to care for plumeria.

The seller included a request for information in her payment instructions, to let her know about whether or not temperatures were freezing in the buyer’s area. I emailed her days after the sale to let her know that I hadn’t seen this before and to assure her it was safe to ship. She must have done her own check to make up for my negligence. She emailed me back to say she had sent the package out several days earlier and that it should arrive shortly.

This was a very good eBay experience; I would buy again either through eBay or the retail site. I am pleased with her concern not to mail during freezing weather and that she includes care instructions for those new to plumeria.