The scoop on 'Old Rose Nursery'

Old Rose Nursery

1020 Central Road
Hornsby Island, British Columbia V0R 1Z0 (Canada)

Comments:

Positive rowy
vancouver
May 27, 2006
I ordered two roses (Konigen von Danemark and Tuscay Superb) from Old Rose Nursery as a Mothers' Day gift for my mom, who loves gardening. As soon as I got the call from the bus company saying the roses had arrived, I went to pick them up and mom opened up the box when I got home. The Tuscany Superb looked very robust and has lots of buds. However, the Konigen von Danemark was quite a disappointment. It was very small, spindly, limp, and sad. In fact, only one of the three main stems seem to be making it, despite planting it in a big pot of sea soil and giving it a nice sunny spot.
On October 5th, 2006, rowy changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Carol and Tony were very nice to refund my money for the Konigen von Danemark. I ordered another four plants this fall from them and they all arrived in good shape.
Positive kenorocky
Campbell River
December 9, 2004
I bought 3 roses from this company. I was given good advice as to which varieties I should get for the differing uses I planned for them, and all three have done very well for me in the last 2 years. I would choose this company for any future purchases of roses.
Positive Lynnette
Courtenay
January 10, 2002
Got many roses from this nursery and they are really good. The plants are bareroot and shipped in one gallon pots, not the usuall tiny pots. The roses are healthy, true to name, grow well and the owners are helpful and friendly.
Positive barbaraeveleigh
April 1, 2001
A very good, reliable company to deal with. Their stock is of excellent quality, service is very good, and they really know their stuff.
Positive joesotham
December 1, 1999
I have purchased own-root roses from Old Rose Nursery. I am completely satisfied with the service and the quality of the roses. First rate people, excellent selection. You will be very satisfied dealing with them.