The scoop on 'Ad Hoc Plants'

Ad Hoc Plants

Comments:

Negative Gerri_B
Anlaby
January 17, 2009
I ordered 9 plants from Ad Hoc Nurseries in February last year (2008) at a cost of 51. 3 eventually arrived (over 3 weeks) with an apology that none of the others were available and promising a refund. That was 11 months ago and despite numerous emails and telephone calls, I'm still waiting and still 30 out of pocket. A little less than honest, I think, and certainly not a company I would ever want to deal with again or be able to recommend.
Positive PeteDx
Seesen
Germany
May 16, 2008
Ad Hoc Plants is not very commucative but everything was absolutely correct.
The plants I received, were in a very good condition (although it's a long way for little plants from Britain to Germany by Royal Mail and Deutsche Post).
They were delivered without pots and were excelent packed.
Negative junglemama
Silverdale, WA
April 13, 2008
CROOK. Took my money, refused to answer e-mails & phone calls. Never sent plants and never refunded money.
Positive madcarew
chester
October 31, 2007
Ordered 3 plants that were difficult to find elsewhere. Some hold up due to postal strike but email enquiry promply answered . Plants arrived safely a week later. Plants supplied were small but healthy. The price paid was very reasonable. Quite happy with the deal. Thanks Andrew.
Negative julie69
July 7, 2007
I'm afraid I can confirm the Dutch Nursery's judgement as to the person running adhoc nursery.

I've had a really bad experience with this guy. He sent very poor quality stuff through a dodgy courier that took 8 days to deliver it (over a 250 miles journey...). Four plants were DOA, one plant I had been charged for was not sent and the guy has not replied to emails, nor does he answer the phone.

My advice is: stay well clear of adhoc plants.

Positive Iann
Manchester
December 15, 2006
I ordered from Ad Hoc Plants in the spring because they had a selection of somewhat unusual alpine plants that I was looking for. I was originally planning to pick them up in person as it is fairly local but ended up getting them by post. Packing was good and the soil was still in the pots when they arrived. The plants were small but consistent with the price charged and healthy. I had no problems other than one plant which was out of stock, and I received a refund for that. Everything has thrived.
Negative saya
Heerlen
Netherlands (Zone 8b)
October 22, 2006
I 've found a warning for this company from a respectable Dutch nursery on the web. So it's maybe the best to add this as a comment. http://www.pc-nijssen.com/frameset_warning.php
It 's possible though others have possitive experiences with it.