The scoop on 'The Garden Express (formerly Garden Store-N-More)'

The Garden Express (formerly Garden Store-N-More)

Seabrook, Texas 77586
(United States)

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Editor's Comment:
Closed May 2014: Per a note from the owner, this business has closed.

Company Comment, posted on May 19, 2014:
Per a note from the owner, "I no longer sell in an online store."

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Negative ginger1952
Lake Charles, LA (Zone 9a)
July 5, 2012
Posted on July 5, 2012, updated July 5, 2012
I placed an order on 6/21/12 and still have not received any of the seeds I ordered.
On July 5th, 2012, ginger1952 added the following:

The order has already been charged to my credit card. I have not been able to get in touch with the company.

Company representative comment on July 17, 2014:
On Jul 17, 2014 6:14 PM, The Garden Express (formerly Garden Store-N-More) responded with:

I have looked this for 2 years and I never responded but I wanted to clear my name. I did make make a mistake but it was not on purpose. I did not get this order in a timely manner. It was on a sister site not my main site and I just did not know I even got the order until she contacted me. I offered her a refund but she wanted the small amount of seeds that she ordered instead so I quickly mailed them out and sent many more seeds and gift seeds to her with Del. confirm USPS. I had many years of good reviews and I have to admit that I was very wounded with this review if she would of just wrote again and mentioned that all was good after I found out I had the order and filled it. I am a very honest person and am starting all over again with seed sells regardless of this neg. review. Thanks, Tricia

Positive CarolinaGrower
Fuquay-Varina, NC
March 3, 2012
I just received my first order of seeds today. I was very happy with the packaging and instructions. Plus, I received a free bonus gift! Package arrived very quickly. I will definitely be ordering again!
Positive 082014
Webster, FL
February 24, 2012
I just received my order of seeds. They were well packed. I was pleasantly surprised to find more than what I ordered. Plus a bonus pack of seeds. I can't wait to see them grow.
Thanks, Tricia. I am very happy with this purchase.
Positive dreamfrutas
Rio de Janeiro
Brazil (Zone 12a)
December 6, 2009
Posted on December 03, 2009, updated December 06, 2009
Bought 200 seeds of Canary Vine and got 0 (zero) germination. Asked for a new batch of seeds at a discount, and she offered me to buy again 200 seeds as if the first order doesn't exist. Stay away.
On December 6th, 2009, dreamfrutas changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Tricia offered me to replace all seeds free of charge. I believe, that due his personal problems, she send to me, by mistake, a wrong email asking me to pay again in full for the seeds, but her original intention was offering to replace the seeds, so I am changing my rating, and will be waiting the fresh seeds.
Company representative comment on December 11, 2009:
On Dec 4, 2009 8:06 PM, Garden Store-N-More responded with:

I can't believe I am seeing this??? I offered to send 200 more seeds FREE!! I would Never look at my feedback below ever act like his order did not exist. Maybe it is a english misunderstanding Since We are from different countries? I offered to send him 200 seeds at my expense. I always stand by what I sell. Please understand that! Please write me...I dmailed you and said that I will be more then happy to replace for free. I take care of all my customers. Sorry, you didnt either see my dmail or didnt understand. Please write me back....
Tricia

On Dec 4, 2009 8:29 PM, Garden Store-N-More added:

A matter of fact I found my dmail in my sent to him letting him know that I plan to send him the seeds he did not have luck with... here it is....
Hi Carlos, Those seeds are tough... Have to be real warm weather.
Sorry i did not see this post until now. you will not have to pay for it.
I will send more. These seeds need to be nicked. They are VERY fresh. I get them from a wholesale dealer that only sends fresh. But like i said these are sometimes very tough and i believe should be grown in the spring.

See Carlos, You have bought from me in the past and everything went well. The only reason it was not in your mailbox Right NOW is because I was out of them but had already ordered them for YOU! Even if I would of had them in stock...Sent from Texas To Brazil takes time. I am sorry I did not see your dmail letting me know that you had planned to give me a neg. Until Now-- My grandson was in ICU and we could of lost him (He Made it through though --- so I haven't been on DG everyday.... Why the neg? I worked very hard over the years to try to make people happy with what they buy from me. I always replace if someone lets me know.

On Dec 10, 2009 7:18 PM, Garden Store-N-More added:

I thank you Carlos for your understanding. I am going to refund you by paypal plus send you replacement seeds when I get them in. Sorry.
Tricia

Positive mamajack
Fate, TX (Zone 8a)
October 14, 2009
i love the bulk seed you added. i am thrilled to have so many of all that i bought. i got 50 or so seeds of cerinthe for almost the same price as home depot charges for 8 or 10. everything was just perfect. i certainly recommend these folks.
Positive hmingbrd
Sebastian, FL (Zone 9b)
August 14, 2009
I have placed online orders with these guys 3 or 4 times in the past year and have been happy with everything. I'll have no qualms at all about placing future orders with them. Their prices are GREAT!
Positive mekos
Fair Play, SC (Zone 7b)
July 27, 2009
I ordered plants from this company and they arrived fast, was in great condition, and was beautiful plants. Great doing business with them and will again, I'm sure. A pleasure.
Positive 23cherry
Riverside, TX
July 16, 2009
First time ordering, super personal response, fast shipping,
great packaging. I will order again in the future.
Positive dariabauer
Western Springs, IL
June 15, 2009
I ordered two coral salvia which were very reasonably priced and the plants arrived quickly and in great shape. i plan to order again next year! thanks!
Positive datagarden
Quincy, MA (Zone 6a)
June 4, 2009
I have purchased seeds from Garden Store-N-More for a couple of years and have always been satisfied. This year I purchased seeds and plants. When I notified them that one of the plants did not make the journey from TX to MA, I was told that a replacement would be sent. BUT, the really impressive note was as follows: "Sending the replacement - if for some reason this one does not do well -- please let me know and i will stop shipping these now I will assume that the plant cannot take the shipping this time of year." I can't think of anything a merchant can do that would be better than this. I will continue to purchase from Garden Store-N-More for as long as I am gardening and they are selling!
Positive Selene001
Ocala, FL
May 23, 2009
Fast shipping, well packaged!! Instructions are printed out along with picture of item you bought. I also got an EXTRA pack of seeds as a bonus!! Prices were excellent and I took advantage of the 10% discount that was taken off. It was a nice sale and one I saw in the classified ads on this site. I've had a great experience with Gabriele and her store and will DEFINITELY be back for more!! AAA+++
Positive tmells
Wagoner, OK
May 5, 2009
I bought ALOT of seeds as well as a couple plants. EVERY seed I have in peat pots has come up and are doing quite well. The plants are doing equally well. I definately will be going back to Garden Store-n-More and have recommended them to many friends already. Thank you Garden Store - n - More for the healthy plants & seeds you sent! I'm positive we will be submitting future transactions!
Positive Purpleraindrops
Smyrna, GA
March 21, 2009
It was great to do business with you. The response to my questions were quick, the packaging of the plants was excellent and I'm very happy with my plants. Great seller..AAA+! I'll be back for more plants/seeds soon. Thanks so much.
Positive brysondogg
Starr, SC (Zone 7a)
March 20, 2009
Excellent service with order filled + shipped promptly,will do business with them again ...........thanks
Positive NoDaveGo
Cedar Park, TX
March 20, 2009
I had a fantastic experience with this company! Tricia was super nice and helpful and the prices are very reasonable. I received my order amazingly fast and in perfect shape. I will happily do business with them again!
Positive Hresko
Bowie, MD
March 9, 2009
I really don't believe you could find a better person to do business with than Tricia. She is completely amazing. I was having some problems accessing her website. She continued working with me until the bitter end to get it resolved. This took several days and nights and she never quit or got frustrated. Anyone else would have just said forget it ~ go order from someone else (it's not like I was ordering that much). Not Tricia, she was persistent, caring and extremely generous. She included several wonderful goodies with my order for my troubles although it was no fault on her end. She also has a special gift of knowing exactly what I like. ANYONE, ANYWHERE ~ IF YOU ARE EVEN CONSIDERING ORDERING ANYTHING THAT GARDEN STORE-N-MORE CARRIES DO NOT HESITATE. ORDER IT TODAY!!! I STAND BY TRICIA AND HER BUSINESS 200%. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED ~ I'M CERTAIN! In addition to the outstanding service, she has a nice selection of uncommon plants/cuttings/seeds that come with planting instructions and pictures of the plants. If you have any questions about anything, just email Tricia and she will respond quickly. Thanks for listening I know I got carried away I just cannot say enough about this particular store. My experience was perfect!
Positive krazy8
Anacoco, LA
February 27, 2009
i thank you very much and i was very satisfied with my order i haven't planted yet because the signs here are telling me we are due a cold snap before easter and i don't want to loose my little plants. i could use some help though i am wanting to plant flowers that will come up year after year i work long hours and don't have to much time to weed and do alot of gardening i thought maybe daylilys. what is best for full hot sun and not much rain? I planted cannas and daffidils which did well but they don't bloom much, iwant something that blooms all spring and summer any good ideas. I tried phlox but they won't grow our soil here is clay and hard.(red gumbo when it rains) any help would be appreciated. cactus and century plants do well but i want flowers.
Positive melvatoo
Denton, TX (Zone 7a)
February 27, 2009
The seeds I ordered arrived quickly and they were in perfect shape..thanks for a very good experience! I would recommend them highly.
Melva
Positive hmsladyredhead
Jayess, MS (Zone 8a)
February 27, 2009
I would recommend this store to anyone. It has been a pleasure to do business with Garden Store-N-More. I have had fast, friendly, and courteous service with them. The seed packets state directions on planting their seed, which to me is a great added bonus. I cannot rate this store high enough.
Positive sunnyg
San Francisco Bay Area, CA (Zone 9b)
February 21, 2009
Garden Store-N-More has a lovely selection of interesting and unusual seeds, as well as prompt shipping. Most importantly, I've had good seed germination with everything I've started so far.
Positive BellaNanna
Mount Airy, NC
February 16, 2009
I ordered from them for the first time on Jan 28, 2009 (a birthday gift to myself) because they had such a variety of beautiful seeds offered at great prices. I received an email on Feb 4, 2009 stating my seeds were in the mail. They arrived the 6th of Feb. Altogether, I was very pleased. The service was prompt, courteous and very satisfactory. The seed packets are full, illustrations enticing and I am itching to get into my garden!
The seed packages maybe could use a bit more information for novice gardeners (not a problem for me!), other than that, I really liked the whole transaction. I would use them again.
KMG in NC
Positive rosysunset
Kurten, TX (Zone 8b)
February 7, 2009
This company is a pleasure to do business with! I had some questions about their cuttings. and received answers right away. I ordered the cuttings and they came pronto - well labeled - good instructions and were healthy.. I plan to order more from this great find.
Positive davis1676
Disputanta, VA (Zone 7a)
February 5, 2009
I ordered a wonderful array of seeds from Tricia. They were bargain priced but NOT bargain quality. The seeds came clean, well packaged & with a speedy delivery to boot. I'll be back for more. Thanks for a great experience!
Positive colchie
Vashon, WA (Zone 8a)
February 3, 2009
prompt service, seeds in good condition and sprouted in a reasonable time. Thanks!
Positive zanann
Onarga, IL (Zone 5b)
January 31, 2009
Good packaging with nice detail. Didn't pick free seed variety and they were nice enough to e-mail me for my choice. Like this company, very satisfied. I will not hesitate to order from them again.
Positive darkmoondreamer
(Karen) Frankston, TX (Zone 8a)
January 11, 2009
Got the seeds quickly. Thanks
Positive griffinpd
Sherman, TX (Zone 7b)
December 27, 2008
Good job. I'll go back.
On August 11th, 2009, griffinpd added the following:

Darn! I love doing business with these people. Even when I'm aggravated with their website and I'm being a grouch they go way beyond normal expectations to make their customers happy. So, they have this beautiful MG tree that I must have and they talked me thru the process. My order arrived today! I ordered 3 time the plants I needed THEN they sent me 3 times the cuttings I ordered. Great Company.
Your friend, Paul
Positive dram
Arcadia, CA (Zone 9b)
December 26, 2008
No complaints. Fast delivery
Positive cindyhib
Fallbrook, CA
December 13, 2008
Fast delivery, easy website, good customer service.
Positive haitidoc
Bluffton, IN
December 11, 2008
fast service, good explanation, good seeds.
Positive guygardner1
Tulsa, OK
December 5, 2008
I ordered seeds from garden n more store , there great . the seeds where here in a few days.
Tricia is great .

On December 28th, 2008, guygardner1 added the following:

just ordered some seeds as always very fast delivery , will contnue using here store for seeds
Positive tootsie42
Lexington, SC
December 4, 2008
Love dealing with this lady. Everything has been neat and well organized. Thank you so much, Tricia, for your perfect web presentation and timely orders.
Positive brical1
Inland S.E QLD
Australia
November 15, 2008
Have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this seller to other international buyers...am very happy with my seed purchases and prices were very reasonable too.Thankyou Tricia.
Positive calstateworker
Sacramento, CA
November 11, 2008
I ordered some flower seeds from this company. Shipping was fast, and prices were good for these unusual flowers. I'm so looking forward to starting these up in early spring! I will absolutely order from Garden Store-N-More again!
Positive MintyMee
Milwaukee, WI
November 6, 2008
I loved finding the different variety of seeds. I can't wait to see the Caesalpinia Pink Pride Of Barbados bloom this summer!
Positive bcreason
Belews Creek, NC
November 2, 2008
Great info, price and delivery. Many thanks, especially for the follow-up advice!
Positive trsinc
(Zone 8a)
November 2, 2008
Customer Service was great! I sent an email shortly after Hurricane IKE and Tricia responded the next day, saying they would be back up and running as soon as they could get back to their area and had electricity, etc. She emailed as soon as that happened and I ordered my seeds through the site. I received the seeds within one week. I love their selection!
Positive mlgeorge
Harrah, OK
November 2, 2008
I loved finding the darker and the unusual Morning Glories.
Positive dragonflyma
Bloomingburg, NY
November 2, 2008
Thanks so Much for the Rare Ipomoea carnea Morning Glory tree seeds.
Fast shipping.
Amanda R
Positive flame263
San Antonio, TX (Zone 8b)
November 2, 2008
I just found Garden Store-N-More and placed my first order a week or so ago. The packaging and instructions were great, shipping was super fast and all in all I am very happy with my experience. I know that without a doubt, I will be doing lots of seed shopping here, in the future.