The scoop on 'Cayeux, S.A.'

Cayeux, S.A.

Posted on October 31, 2011, updated October 31, 2011
Posted on June 4, 2010, updated October 31, 2011
Posted on June 4, 2010, updated June 4, 2010
Posted on April 14, 2008, updated June 4, 2010
The plants arrived in beautiful condition, healthy and well packed, and have given lots of pleasure. The catalogue makes me drool...
On June 4th, 2010, immigrant_punk added the following:

So pleased with my last lot that I bought another bunch. They are all healthy nice plants, and the older ones are all thriving well - need to start splitting. The added bonus is we are plagued with deer and they don't go near the plants.
On June 4th, 2010, immigrant_punk added the following:

Oh, and no problem at all getting them sent to USA.
On October 31st, 2011, immigrant_punk changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

Decided to buy some more irises. We ordered in July, they took the money and said they'd be sent in August.
Tomorrow is the first of November and we still have no plants. We have been emailing them regularly since September to ask where the plants are and what is happening. We have never received any replies to any of our emails.
Bitterly disappointed that they have stolen our money.
On October 31st, 2011, immigrant_punk added the following:

The website says "No language problems - we speak good English" so I phoned them.
No one there spoke English - my French is good enough for me to understad that the secretary, who speaks English, would not be there until Wednesday. Today is Monday.
On February 28th, 2013, immigrant_punk added the following:

Eventually I posted online on the Royal Horticultural Society website and they contacted Cayeux. So the rep said
1. The computer had crashed and they lost all the orders so were waiting for customers to contact them. (They don't back up? They couldn't check who had paid them? I was a returning customer. They couldn't mention the problem on their website?)
2. All three of the email addresses I had used had been treated as spam and trashed. Whoops, silly us! Should have written on paper.
3. The phone is only ever answered by English speakers (therefore, clearly I was lying). When I replied with the time and date of my call, she said well, that was a French holiday, of course there was no English speaker there. ("Sorry I doubted you"? No. "Sorry you didn't know it was a holiday"? No. "Sorry someone picked up but never thought to mention that you'd called?" No. "Sorry?" No)
4. She said I could have my money back or get the plants the following yea r as I had left it too late that year. (I had? ME?) So, miss a year of growth either way. I asked for my money back - though I had paid a transfer fee from dollars to Euros and lost that.
5. My husband, who works in customer service, suggested they might give me a plant of two for good will. She replied that they would consider adding some plants next time I ordered. So they don't want my goodwill.
Great. They haven't got my goodwill. I tell everyone I know not to deal with them. They may have great plants but they haven't the slightest idea about behaving competently, politely or decently.
Positive Tntigger
Greeneville, TN (Zone 6b)
August 30, 2007
The irises are large and in good overall condition despite the shipping distance. The prices,expecially the new intros, are less expensive than most offered here in US.